Reuters cameraman killed in Gaza by Israeli military

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
By Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA (Reuters) - A Reuters cameraman was killed in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday in what appeared to be an Israeli military strike.

Fadel Shana, 23, was covering events in the enclave for the international news agency on a day of intense violence when 16 other Palestinians and three Israeli soldiers were also killed.

Two youths passing by died in the same explosion that killed Shana, witnesses said. The cameraman had stepped from his car to film an Israeli tank dug in several hundred meters (yards) away.

Video from Shana's camera showed the tank opening fire. Two seconds after the shot raises dust around its gun, the tape goes blank -- seemingly at the moment Shana was hit.

Reuters soundman Wafa Abu Mizyed, 25, sustained a shrapnel wound and was being treated in a Gaza hospital.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL1632826120080416?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry for his family.

It's a shame people die in war zones.

It is also a shame when we ally ourselves with parties who are obviously committing war crimes. Oh, am I anti-semetic for feeling compassion for the Palestinian civilians?

Had this been a jewish camaraman that died from palestinian fire in this "war zone"...

well, we all know how different would have been the standard zionist reaction.

I'm sorry for his family.

It's a shame people die in war zones.

It is also a shame when we ally ourselves with parties who are obviously committing war crimes. Oh, am I anti-semetic for feeling compassion for the Palestinian civilians?

<object style="width: 100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/includevideo.swf?edition=US&videoId=80475" width="344" height="320"><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/includevideo.swf?edition=US&videoId=80475" /><embed src="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/includevideo.swf?edition=US&videoId=80475" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="344" height="320"></embed></object>

<object style="width: 100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/includevideo.swf?edition=US&videoId=80475" width="344" height="320"><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/includevideo.swf?edition=US&videoId=80475" /><embed src="http://www.reuters.com/resources/flash/includevideo.swf?edition=US&videoId=80475" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="344" height="320"></embed></object>

Absolutely disgusting. How will Jillian justify the Israeli atrocity this time?

Absolutely disgusting. How will Jillian justify the Israeli atrocity this time?

Before I even discussed my opinion with you, you'd have to find the intelligence to acknowledge that kadusha missiles shouldn't be flying into Israel.

Until then, you can use your lack of knowledge on this subject to make Shogie feel like he has a fan club.

always the same ole same ole when defending zion, eh?

like I said, were this a jewish journalist killed by a muslim we'd hear the sirens for weeks as validation for the refugee treatemnt of pals. As it is, Israel, Right or Wrong lives on.

Before I even discussed my opinion with you, you'd have to find the intelligence to acknowledge that kadusha missiles shouldn't be flying into Israel.

Until then, you can use your lack of knowledge on this subject to make Shogie feel like he has a fan club.
Once again, you act as though Palestinians have started this conflict and Israeli military forces are all innocent defenders of their territory (even though they frequently invade other territories and settlements).

I told you this goes back decades. Until Israel treats Palestinians as humans, indigenous to the land inhabited by Israelis, and concede that they deserve a State or a stake in the Israeli government...there will never be peace.

What is wrong with Palestinian sovereignty and their right to maintain dignity? You can thumb your upturned nose at me all you want, but you are no more an expert on the Palestinian/Israeli conflict than anyone else here.

Once again, you act as though Palestinians have started this conflict and Israeli military forces are all innocent defenders of their territory (even though they frequently invade other territories and settlements).

I told you this goes back decades. Until Israel treats Palestinians as humans, indigenous to the land inhabited by Israelis, and concede that they deserve a State or a stake in the Israeli government...there will never be peace.

What is wrong with Palestinian sovereignty and their right to maintain dignity? You can thumb your upturned nose at me all you want, but you are no more an expert on the Palestinian/Israeli conflict than anyone else here.

The Arabs DID start this. Or have you forgotten history already. 5 Arab States INVADED Israel when it was created ordering Arabs to leave or die as collaberators. Arabs not Israelis created the Palastinian problem by refusing to assimilate the refugees THEY created and then herded into squalid camps and armed for the purpose of having terrorists to attack Israel. The only country still stuck with them is Lebanon , every other country rightfully finally booted their asses out because they tried overthrowing the Governments of those Countries. Lebanon sunk into a 25 year civil war and was never able to expel them. And who was involved in that Civil War? Why the Pals of course.

What I don't understand is if the Pals in Lebanon are part of the country and have the vote why are they still trying to take over Israel? They supposedly HAVE a home now.

when it was created

:rolleyes:

thankfully, blaming arabs validates israel killing reuters reporters. keep up the good work, RGS.

The Arabs DID start this. Or have you forgotten history already. 5 Arab States INVADED Israel when it was created ordering Arabs to leave or die as collaberators. Arabs not Israelis created the Palastinian problem by refusing to assimilate the refugees THEY created and then herded into squalid camps and armed for the purpose of having terrorists to attack Israel. The only country still stuck with them is Lebanon , every other country rightfully finally booted their asses out because they tried overthrowing the Governments of those Countries. Lebanon sunk into a 25 year civil war and was never able to expel them. And who was involved in that Civil War? Why the Pals of course.

What I don't understand is if the Pals in Lebanon are part of the country and have the vote why are they still trying to take over Israel? They supposedly HAVE a home now.
Leave it to RGS to announce the White House point of view

Wow, a journalist gets out of a vehicle commonly used by the terrorists, puts something to his shoulder (camera or RPG, who knows) and gets his ass blown away by a tank over a mile away. :eusa_doh:
Hmmm, seems to me like the IDF wasn't taking any chances because they wanted to go home in one piece. Maybe the reporter should have realized this and taken some precautions as well.

Have you ever seen Chris Rock's video on how to avoid getting your ass beat by the police?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gCCjFbFXn8[/ame]

Maybe those journalists should have applied a little common sense........

Wow, a journalist gets out of a vehicle commonly used by the terrorists, puts something to his shoulder (camera or RPG, who knows) and gets his ass blown away by a tank over a mile away.

Terrorists usually have cars marked TV? Alrighty then....

Hmmm, seems to me like the IDF wasn't taking any chances because they wanted to go home in one piece. Maybe the reporter should have realized this and taken some precautions as well.

Its a war zone. They are soldiers. Taking chances is their job.

The Arabs DID start this. Or have you forgotten history already. 5 Arab States INVADED Israel when it was created ordering Arabs to leave or die as collaberators.

Wait...so it was Arabs fault that a brand new state was put into their midst without their permission? Somehow the world only started when Arabs got upset at the affront of foreign powers creating an artificial country made from Arab land?

Gee...thats not revisionist at all.

Arabs not Israelis created the Palastinian problem by refusing to assimilate the refugees THEY created and then herded into squalid camps and armed for the purpose of having terrorists to attack Israel.

Oh, point of views are so fun. Why is it the Palestinian problem and not the Israeli problem? Oh right, because your a neocon, I forgot. By the way...tell me again how the Arab states were responsible for Israel ejecting tens of thousands of palestinians when it was founded? Right.

The only country still stuck with them is Lebanon , every other country rightfully finally booted their asses out because they tried overthrowing the Governments of those Countries.

tsk...facts are pesky things.

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_08/11cfrv1_08.html

But I'm sure the rest of your arguments are soundly grounded on other firm facts that are actually true, right ? :cuckoo:

Lebanon sunk into a 25 year civil war and was never able to expel them. And who was involved in that Civil War? Why the Pals of course.

There are 300,000 Palestinians in Lebanon. Of course they were involved in the civil war.

They don't have the vote. They aren't citizens. Jordan is the only country that gave them citizenship, and they stopped that a while back.

Forum List

Back