Retired Lt Gen Gary Volesky, Army's ex-top spokesman, suspended after mocking Jill Biden tweet saying rights of women had been stolen in Roe decision

I do not care.

Somebody did, or we would not be talking about it.

You have to realize, that when somebody retires and takes an additional position (with compensation or not), they are serving it at the will and discretion of those above them. Do not do what they like, and you are removed.

Is his retirement affected in any way? If not, I see this entirely as a non-issue. He has not been harmed in any way, and I do not even see why we are talking about it.

The same way as somebody in a similar position in the civilian world can lose it.

Don't want to lose your position as the Hertz spokesman? Then don't find yourself tied up in a bloody double murder.

Nice deflection. Why are you dwelling on things I did not say?

What did he say that was wrong or disparaging about the First Lady? If you can't answer the question, that is OK, just say so.

Suspended while the investigation is underway.
"mock" would appear to be a subjective opinion.
EXCERPT:
The big picture: Retired Lt. Gen. Gary Volesky, the Army's former top spokesman, responded to a tweet from Biden that said the rights of women had been stolen in the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

• "For nearly 50 years, women have had the right to make our own decisions about our bodies. Today, that right was stolen from us," Biden tweeted.
  • "Glad to see you finally know what a woman is," Volesky said.
Details: Lt. Gen. Theodore Martin, commander of the Combined Arms Center, suspended Volesky while the investigation is underway, Cynthia Smith, an Army spokesperson, told USA Today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've a slight connection to Volesky, as he was the commander of my son's battalion, 2-5 Cav, of the 1st Cav Division in Sadr City on April 4, 2004 when Iraq erupted into renewed conflict. An interesting book, also made into a short TV series, chronicles this "Black Sunday" as it was known.

The Long Road Home: A Story of War and Family​

Amazon product
Also:
From ABC White House correspondent Martha Raddatz, the story of a brutal forty-eight-hour firefight that conveys in harrowing detail the effects of war not just on the soldiers but also on the families waiting back at home.
In April 2004, soldiers from the 1st Cavalry Division were on a routine patrol in Sadr City, Iraq, when they came under surprise attack. Over the course of the next forty-eight hours, 8 Americans would be killed and more than 70 wounded. Back home, as news of the attack began filtering in, the families of these same men, neighbors in Fort Hood, Texas, feared the worst. In time, some of the women in their circle would receive "the call"-the notification that a husband or brother had been killed in action. So the families banded together in anticipation of the heartbreak that was certain to come.
The firefight in Sadr City marked the beginning of the Iraqi insurgency, and Martha Raddatz has written perhaps the most riveting account of hand-to-hand combat to emerge from the war in Iraq. This intimate portrait of the close-knit community of families Stateside-the unsung heroes of the military -distinguishes "The Long Road Home" from other stories of modern warfare, showing the horror, terror, bravery, and fortitude not just of the soldiers who were wounded and killed but also of the wives and children whose lives now are forever changed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, expecting a rather "peaceful" occupation role, 1st Cav was ordered to leave most of it's armor, Abrams MBT and Bradley APC, back at Ft. Hood, Texas. Many of these guys road into combat and the rescue in unarmored trucks and humvees. Needless to say, the armor got rushed to theater afterwards.

Forum List

Back