Retired Lt Gen Gary Volesky, Army's ex-top spokesman, suspended after mocking Jill Biden tweet saying rights of women had been stolen in Roe decision

He signed a contract to be a spokesman. He then violated that, so was suspended.

He will lose no retirement pay or benefits, he only loses his position as spokesman.

This is not even "First Amendment". Would this be any different if somebody was a spokesman for Planned Parenthood, and spoke out against abortion?

He is free to say whatever he wants. But that does not mean what he says can not have consequences.

He signed a contract to be a spokesman. He then violated that, so was suspended.

He will lose no retirement pay or benefits, he only loses his position as spokesman.

This is not even "First Amendment". Would this be any different if somebody was a spokesman for Planned Parenthood, and spoke out against abortion?

He is free to say whatever he wants. But that does not mean what he says can not have consequences.
He was not a spokesman, but a mentor according to what I have read. He just points out the First Lady's use of the word "woman" which is not allowed by the "woke" liberals in this country.

He was not a spokesman, but a mentor according to what I have read.

Does not matter. He had a position, they felt he no longer qualified.

Is he being "punished"? Is his retirement pay being docked? had he lost any benefits?

When you accept a position, you accept the things that go with it. Do not stand up to your part, then out you go. He is not being punished in any way that I can see, so largely I do not care.

Does not matter. He had a position, they felt he no longer qualified.

Is he being "punished"? Is his retirement pay being docked? had he lost any benefits?

When you accept a position, you accept the things that go with it. Do not stand up to your part, then out you go. He is not being punished in any way that I can see, so largely I do not care.

What did he say that was wrong or disparaging about the First Lady?

What did he say that was wrong or disparaging about the First Lady?

I do not care.

Somebody did, or we would not be talking about it.

You have to realize, that when somebody retires and takes an additional position (with compensation or not), they are serving it at the will and discretion of those above them. Do not do what they like, and you are removed.

Is his retirement affected in any way? If not, I see this entirely as a non-issue. He has not been harmed in any way, and I do not even see why we are talking about it.

The same way as somebody in a similar position in the civilian world can lose it.

Don't want to lose your position as the Hertz spokesman? Then don't find yourself tied up in a bloody double murder.

Forum List

Back