Results of the "Million Muslim March" and "2 Million Bikers" events in Wsh DC

"...September 11th is not a Holy Day, nor is it a holiday. So as far as I am concerned, it is just another day legally..."
Insofar as you can call a Popular (Grassroots) Day-of-Remembrance and Grieving in a Secular Republic to be a Holy Day, it's getting there, I believe... it's getting there...

Almost on a par with December 7th (Pearl Harbor Day)...

It might not be a Holy Day or Holiday, and it might be just another day legally, but in the hearts and minds and spirits of your fellow countrymen, it is a Special Day in its own right, and is fast taking-on an even more deeply felt and manifested meaning to American at large...

That is sufficient for our purposes here, as a baseline against which to gauge the sensibilities and common sense of those who seek to undertake activism on such a day on the part of a broader group that is closely connected in some way with the massive and historic tragedies that occurred on that day.

I, too, see the choice of dates for the so-called Million Muslim March to have been the height of insensitivity and contempt and disdain, and a staggering failure of common sense on the part of the Muslim organizers.

Merely one man's opinion, but mine own.

There is something rather unsurprising going on here.

For several pages now I have been trying to ask those in here who are so vocal against the march why.

I have gotten that it wastes gas, that it would have snarled traffic, even that the bikers were all Nazi racists.

If those are the only things that you all can come up with, that is really really sad.

I hate to say this but my older brother said there would never be a million bikers and has since ignored everything I've said on the subject. He's an Obamabot but refuses to acknowledge the fact. I'm a moderate and I know this because the cons call me a liberal and the liberals call me a con. Heck, in one thread I went from being a neo conservative to a flaming liberal according to the same person. Facts are facts, I wish everyone would acknowledge them instead of blindly following their parties.

I can't agree. I think it was in about the same bad taste for muslims to have a rally on September 11 as it would be for the KKK to have one on August 8.

And you seem to entirely miss the point once again.

I have no issue if it is Muslims, or Jews, or Zoro-Astrans, or Wiccans. They have a right to have a rally.

However, I take exception to this group because of their extremist views. Taking this group and trying to compare it to all Muslims is like taking the Westboro Baptist Church and using them as an example of all Christians.

And in fact, if this had not been a "Million Muslim March" but a march of Westboro Baptists who had been gathering on 11 September to preach their vial messages, you might have had an even larger turnout. And with their vile "God hates fags" type messages I bet a lot on the Left would have applauded the bikers.

And if this had been "Muslims For Peace", I bet the turnout would have been much larger, and almost no protest. That is because MFP is an interdenominational interfaith organization, which does not have a political agenda and is very active in disaster relief fundraising and blood drives, regardless of the faith of those who need the aid.

"...September 11th is not a Holy Day, nor is it a holiday. So as far as I am concerned, it is just another day legally..."
Insofar as you can call a Popular (Grassroots) Day-of-Remembrance and Grieving in a Secular Republic to be a Holy Day, it's getting there, I believe... it's getting there...

Almost on a par with December 7th (Pearl Harbor Day)...

It might not be a Holy Day or Holiday, and it might be just another day legally, but in the hearts and minds and spirits of your fellow countrymen, it is a Special Day in its own right, and is fast taking-on an even more deeply felt and manifested meaning to American at large...

That is sufficient for our purposes here, as a baseline against which to gauge the sensibilities and common sense of those who seek to undertake activism on such a day on the part of a broader group that is closely connected in some way with the massive and historic tragedies that occurred on that day.

I, too, see the choice of dates for the so-called Million Muslim March to have been the height of insensitivity and contempt and disdain, and a staggering failure of common sense on the part of the Muslim organizers.

Merely one man's opinion, but mine own.

Mine too.

I hate to say this but my older brother said there would never be a million bikers and has since ignored everything I've said on the subject. He's an Obamabot but refuses to acknowledge the fact. I'm a moderate and I know this because the cons call me a liberal and the liberals call me a con. Heck, in one thread I went from being a neo conservative to a flaming liberal according to the same person. Facts are facts, I wish everyone would acknowledge them instead of blindly following their parties.

Don't worry about it. I very much consider myself a "Moderate Conservative". And all that means is that you get run over by both sides. But I really do not care, I have my convictions and beliefs, and I am not going to bend them for anybody.

Personally, I have disdain and contempt for the extremists on both sides politically. I see little difference between the Far Right or the Far Left, and both commonly use intimidation and fear to try and get their message across.

For several pages now I have been trying to ask those in here who are so vocal against the march why.

I have gotten that it wastes gas, that it would have snarled traffic, even that the bikers were all Nazi racists.

If those are the only things that you all can come up with, that is really really sad.

Do yourself a favour and enjoy some entertainment. Youtube Rolling Thunder DC. You will find an almost endless supply of video's of what 300,000 to 500.000 motorcycles look like as they ride through DC. A line of bikes 4 abreast that stretchs from the Pentagon parking lots, completely circles the Mall and last for hours. Bikes are parking near the Jefferson, FDR Memorials and the park that stretchs from the River to the Tidal Basin as bikes continue to leave the Pentagon. The event has been going on for 25 years. After viewing these video's, check out the couple they have up for the 9/11 run. Most of the still photo's of that event are pirated from Rolling Thunder envents. They are even pirating some of the video clips. It will be clear once you check them out. Make up with your brother. He was right.

Have the Bike Ride organizers put up reliable guess-timates yet of the turnout?

My own soft-and-fuzzy impression, after watching various YouTube videos and still-shots, is that they probably did not field more than something between 5,000 and 10,000 people; with my own guess landing closer to the 5,000 mark.

Still, that probably wasn't bad, for something cobbled-together at the last minute and not marketed very well in the lead-up to that date.

Some bikers are either unemployed or retired but the majority hold jobs just like anybody else.

Kinda difficult to get 3-5 or more days off-work on short-notice, for a lot of folks.

This was Year One, according to the organizers.

We'll see whether this is the modest start of something bigger or whether it's going to fizzle.

Look like we'll have to wait until September 11, 2014, for the next installment.

Still, that probably wasn't bad, for something cobbled-together at the last minute and not marketed very well in the lead-up to that date.

Some bikers are either unemployed or retired but the majority hold jobs just like anybody else.

Kinda difficult to get 3-5 or more days off-work on short-notice, for a lot of folks.

I am considering trying to get the time off to go next year. Living on the Left Coast and having a full time job +, it was not like I could just take off and go.

Of course, I am hoping instead they try and arrange it regionally, with multiple satellite rallies across the country. Maybe even one here down Market Street, that would be a sight.

Do yourself a favour and enjoy some entertainment. Youtube Rolling Thunder DC. You will find an almost endless supply of video's of what 300,000 to 500.000 motorcycles look like as they ride through DC. A line of bikes 4 abreast that stretchs from the Pentagon parking lots, completely circles the Mall and last for hours. Bikes are parking near the Jefferson, FDR Memorials and the park that stretchs from the River to the Tidal Basin as bikes continue to leave the Pentagon. The event has been going on for 25 years. After viewing these video's, check out the couple they have up for the 9/11 run. Most of the still photo's of that event are pirated from Rolling Thunder envents. They are even pirating some of the video clips. It will be clear once you check them out. Make up with your brother. He was right.

My brother was not right and I don't have to make up with him. I love my brother. We grew up in a family that taught us to think for ourselves and to allow others their viewpoint. Just because I disagree with him doesn't mean I'm fighting with him or not talking to him. We get along just fine when we don't talk politics. Sometimes we enjoy our political fights. He who yells the loudest wins. :D

I am considering trying to get the time off to go next year. Living on the Left Coast and having a full time job +, it was not like I could just take off and go.

Of course, I am hoping instead they try and arrange it regionally, with multiple satellite rallies across the country. Maybe even one here down Market Street, that would be a sight.

I've been thinking about getting a bike and joining them next year. My son is trying to talk me out of it due to my health. Heck, even an attempt is better than not doing anything. As my father once told me, everyone has a right to fail, it's the one who doesn't try that is the true failure.

The DC cops claim there were 1.2 million bikers.

I doubt we will ever really know. I have seen estimates that range from 3,000 to 800,000 and 1.2 million.

Part of the problem with the estimates is that there was no actual "route", they were riding in groups of 25-100 all over town with some circling around to go 2 and 3 times. However, I tend to believe the numbers between 100-2500,000 are probably the closest.

And one thing I find striking is that most articles I have read have not actually tried to give a number at all, most simply saying "nowhere near 2 million showed up". However, the UPI states that there were "more then 75,000", which is considerably higher then estimates by NBC and other news organizations have stated (even though one report described bikers passing on the freeway for over 30 minutes).

'Million Muslim March' 2013 has low turnout, lost in sea of motorcyclists - UPI.com

This is actually one of my favorite reports, even though they do not give any numbers at all other then "thousands".

The bikes rolled in a steady stream for 50 straight minutes before heading to the Beltway
"Two Million Bikers" Rally Roars Into D.C. Area for 9/11 | NBC4 Washington

Now as a comparison, a freeway with a 50 mph speedlimit has a capacity of 1,500 cars per hour. And if you watch that video clip (which the article states went on for over 50 minutes), you can see that the density is probably at least 5-10 times the capacity then if they were cars.

Video: Motorcycles Rumble Through on the Way to D.C. for 9/11 Rally | Video | TheBlaze.com

Have the Bike Ride organizers put up reliable guess-timates yet of the turnout?

My own soft-and-fuzzy impression, after watching various YouTube videos and still-shots, is that they probably did not field more than something between 5,000 and 10,000 people; with my own guess landing closer to the 5,000 mark.

This was Year One, according to the organizers.

We'll see whether this is the modest start of something bigger or whether it's going to fizzle.

Look like we'll have to wait until September 11, 2014, for the next installment.

im not so sure about that

i have seen photos in the Sturgis in size range

No they don't. You are repeating a lie. Not saying you are a liar, but you can not find a link or the name of a spokesman for any DC law enforcement agency that says that. You can not give a link to that claim. No one can. It's bs. If I am wrong please, please show me. ANYONE, PLEASE SHOW AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IN THIS EVENT.
Thousands of veterans have worked for 25 years to put together a motorcycle event in Wahington, DC to honor veterans. Millions have rode across the country over the years to make this event happen. Rolling Thunder brings hundreds of thousands of patriots and vet's to the nations capitol on Memorial Day Weekend. Now along comes some exploitive liars with a specific political agenda who are making a claim that they organized even more bikers in just a few weeks to do the same thing and even more. A few thousand bikes are being turned into 800,000 riders. And assholes look at photo's of the Pentagon parking lot full of bikes and photo's of previous Rolling Thunder runs and don't have the sense to realize they are being scamed and snookered. Let's just kick all those biker vets that rode for POW/MIA's and agent orange justice and veteran rights to the curb. Fuck what they fought and rode for. Let's support the muslim haters instead. Lets support the new promoters and buy their patchs and t-shirts and make being a biker vet a true American muslim hater in the eyes of the world. Follow those assholes. It's just great PR for veterans and veteran issue's. Sure to bring all kinds of support for vet's.

No they don't. You are repeating a lie. Not saying you are a liar, but you can not find a link or the name of a spokesman for any DC law enforcement agency that says that. You can not give a link to that claim. No one can. It's bs. If I am wrong please, please show me. ANYONE, PLEASE SHOW AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IN THIS EVENT.
Thousands of veterans have worked for 25 years to put together a motorcycle event in Wahington, DC to honor veterans. Millions have rode across the country over the years to make this event happen. Rolling Thunder brings hundreds of thousands of patriots and vet's to the nations capitol on Memorial Day Weekend. Now along comes some exploitive liars with a specific political agenda who are making a claim that they organized even more bikers in just a few weeks to do the same thing and even more. A few thousand bikes are being turned into 800,000 riders. And assholes look at photo's of the Pentagon parking lot full of bikes and photo's of previous Rolling Thunder runs and don't have the sense to realize they are being scamed and snookered. Let's just kick all those biker vets that rode for POW/MIA's and agent orange justice and veteran rights to the curb. Fuck what they fought and rode for. Let's support the muslim haters instead. Lets support the new promoters and buy their patchs and t-shirts and make being a biker vet a true American muslim hater in the eyes of the world. Follow those assholes. It's just great PR for veterans and veteran issue's. Sure to bring all kinds of support for vet's.

They are saying over 1 million, officially. No one went out there and counted though.

This event was a blatant exploitation of veterans and bikers. Those that are doing the exploiting are using blatant and obvious lies to fullfill their mission. The misguided people who are sucked into this gross injustice to veterans should be ashamed of themselves and pissed off at those who are doing the exploiting.

Last edited:

1234506_585158261547024_602253827_n.jpg

1186168_584794024916781_931499103_n.jpg

55 MILES LONG, 4 LANES WIDE, NO WONDER THE NEWS IS SILENT ON THIS REVOLUTION!! | The Wilderness of Mirrors

For additional perspective consider that the group from Los Angeles alone was 55 miles long. 55 miles of four lane highway – from ONE CITY:

19th Ward Chicago: 1.2 million bikers ride and hardly a mention in the media. Wake up America..

Take this for what it’s worth, the DC Police, notorious for under reporting the numbers of conservative patriotic American’s that show up for rallies in DC, admitted that 1.2 million bikers showed up.

They are saying over 1 million, officially. No one went out there and counted though.

Who are "They". Show a damn link or legitimate source. Show something official. Enough with the blog, facebook, bs, show an actual source.

1234506_585158261547024_602253827_n.jpg

1186168_584794024916781_931499103_n.jpg

55 MILES LONG, 4 LANES WIDE, NO WONDER THE NEWS IS SILENT ON THIS REVOLUTION!! | The Wilderness of Mirrors

For additional perspective consider that the group from Los Angeles alone was 55 miles long. 55 miles of four lane highway – from ONE CITY:

19th Ward Chicago: 1.2 million bikers ride and hardly a mention in the media. Wake up America..

Take this for what it’s worth, the DC Police, notorious for under reporting the numbers of conservative patriotic American’s that show up for rallies in DC, admitted that 1.2 million bikers showed up.

That is a picture of the north Pentagon parking lot with Crystal City in the background. It is the assembly area for the Rolling Thunder Ride For Freedom event. Show or tell where you got the DC police estimate. I double dare ya.

Last edited:
You want to see pure propaganda bull crap. Look at the huge assembly of bikes. That is the Pentagon parking lot. Note in the lower right corner the parking spaces that are empty. Note the space between the parking spaces. You can clearly see the drainage culvert between the row of spaces. See it, one row of spaces ends, there is a space and than the other spaces are painted in. The culverts are unique to the Pentagon parking lots. Where do you suppose the Pentagon employee's parked on that day? Can you find one single mention of the bikers assembling in the Pentagon parking lotin the bull crap that has been put out by blogs, etc.? Ofcourse not. They didn't. A photo was pirated from the Rolling Thunder event and used to scam people into believing there was a massive event in Washington, DC by veterans and bikers for a specific political event. It's a huge scam to benifit people with a specific political agenda.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back