Restaurant die-off is first course of California’s $15 minimum wage

I corrected you once before, at least, when you made that error.
Too much weed?

I think he is higher than a kite 24/7, it would explain a lot of his lies and total BS!

Reagan lowered my taxes from 70% to 28% and he raised yours. Prove me wrong.

Reagan lowered my taxes from 70% to 28% and he raised yours.

Your claim, post your proof.

I already did.

You posted proof that middle class taxes were higher in 1988 than in 1980?
That's funny.

From what I read the tax rate went down for those making under $55,000. It went from 28% to 15%.

One percenter is again full of BS. I also suspect his 20% claim is also BS. The guy lies like no ones business.

Maybe they should not pass the wage increase on to the consumer. Sooner or later these business owners need to take the hit.
Sure, that always works great. Pretty soon, your consumer base decreases, sometimes significantly. That means you have fewer consumers to take up the slack. So, let's see: fewer businesses offering less product at a significantly higher price to a dwindling consumer base. All that means is there are fewer jobs, albeit at much greater pay. Unfortunately, the increased prices mean that your extravagantly paid, low-skill workers will still not be able to afford to live the lifestyle to which they would like to become accustomed.
If they want better pay, let them learn a skill or trade, get some kind of training. Then they can increase their income.
You do know that the restaurant business has one of the lowest net income compared to other endeavors.

Your proof is lacking.

Since 1970, name one Republican sponsored bill that helped the middle class without giving a huge boost to the rich.

Depends on what you define "huge boost" is.

My taxes went from 70% to 26%. YOU got a tax increase.

There is no 26% tax bracket.

There is, however, an effective tax rate, which is the final percent of income paid. How much do you understand about how the tax rates work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know enough to point that there is no 26% tax bracket.

When exactly did you pay 70% effective rate?

Glad you had a great vacation, we just did a drive from Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower and Yellowstone, this fall we are taking a cruise.

I'm just saying that additional costs are not simply offset by raising prices. If a business has an increase of costs by $192, the offset has to be a lot more than $192. The actual cost is not $192, however it is closer to $5000, otherwise the profit margin goes down. Most restaurants work off a 3.6% profit margin. To produce more food, you would have to buy more food, use more electric, clean more dishes etc, etc. so it always isn't easy to do. You do have to raise food prices but it isn't the only way you can recoup a labor increase.

'Most restaurants work off a 3.6% profit margin.'

Not including;

-The owners payroll.
-The owners families payroll.
-The company car (s).
-The owners girlfriend/Sugar Baby.
-The owners vacation property.

Much, much, more than 3.6%

The first three are not part of profit margin.
Last two are part of the first one.

Therefore PG is right.

It's ALL profit. The five that I wrote are the best profit of all......deductible profit.

You got no clue what is the profit, payroll or deductions.

Answer this; Where does a business owner derive their monies?

Payroll and stock.

Your proof is lacking.

Since 1970, name one Republican sponsored bill that helped the middle class without giving a huge boost to the rich.

Under Reagan?

Irrelevant. We're talking about today.

Under Reagan there was 26% tax bracket in 1986 for singles.

Rat's! It was 28%!

'In 1981, Reagan significantly reduced the maximum tax rate, which affected the highest income earners, and lowered the top marginal tax rate from 70% to 50%; in 1986 he further reduced the rate to 28%.'

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Too much weed?

I think he is higher than a kite 24/7, it would explain a lot of his lies and total BS!

You claimed earlier he lowered it to 26%. Make up your mind.

Or simply stop lying.

There is, however, an effective tax rate, which is the final percent of income paid. How much do you understand about how the tax rates work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know enough to point that there is no 26% tax bracket.

When exactly did you pay 70% effective rate?
That wasn't me.

Too much weed?

I already did.

That's funny.

What about payroll taxes?

I already did.

That's funny.

What about them?

The percentage of profit that well plan/financed restaurants make is 20%+/-. Remember, profit is more than just post tax net.

Do you have a link? The restaurants average according to government figures are a lot less than that.

I've already posted how it's done.

In this thread or where? If you already posted it, it should be easy for you to provide the link again.

There are different kinds of profit.

In both of the restaurants I've Angel Invested, profits averaged 19%. Remember, profit is revenue minus expenses. If you take the five examples I've already posted which benefit the owner AND are deductible, you'll be able to see the 20+/-% profit.

Think about this. If you have a million or more dollars, you can make 3.9% sitting at home in your underwear.

'Most restaurants work off a 3.6% profit margin.'

Not including;

-The owners payroll.
-The owners families payroll.
-The company car (s).
-The owners girlfriend/Sugar Baby.
-The owners vacation property.

Much, much, more than 3.6%

The first three are not part of profit margin.
Last two are part of the first one.

Therefore PG is right.

It's ALL profit. The five that I wrote are the best profit of all......deductible profit.

You got no clue what is the profit, payroll or deductions.

Answer this; Where does a business owner derive their monies?

Payroll and stock.

Revenue minus expenses.

I already did.

That's funny.

What about them?

Reagan raised payroll taxes partially to pay for trickle-down.

I already did.

That's funny.

What about them?

Reagan raised payroll taxes partially to pay for trickle-down.

Sounds horrible!
How much did Reagan raise them?
Must have been a lot, eh?

Coffee shop used to be 24/7. Now it's 18/7. Gone? total 3 jobs. Revenue loss? Not much. Higher prices went unnoticed by tourist customers; local regulars got discount cards. Side benefit? Fewer drunks staggering in causing trouble and fouling rest rooms with puke.

Coffee shop used to be 24/7. Now it's 18/7. Gone? total 3 jobs. Revenue loss? Not much. Higher prices went unnoticed by tourist customers; local regulars got discount cards. Side benefit? Fewer drunks staggering in causing trouble and fouling rest rooms with puke.

The middle class has less expendable income because they're not making enough money.

The middle class has less expendable income because they're not making enough money.

What's the income range that makes up the middle class?

Since you are unable to do the math yourself.....Which Income Class Are You?

Since you are unable to do the math yourself.....Which Income Class Are You?

I can do math just fine, thank you.

The Census Bureau says that 41.5% of American households brought in between $35,000 and $100,000 in 2015.

Do you agree that this is middle class?

The percentage of profit that well plan/financed restaurants make is 20%+/-. Remember, profit is more than just post tax net.

Do you have a link? The restaurants average according to government figures are a lot less than that.

In this thread or where? If you already posted it, it should be easy for you to provide the link again.

In both of the restaurants I've Angel Invested, profits averaged 19%. Remember, profit is revenue minus expenses. If you take the five examples I've already posted which benefit the owner AND are deductible, you'll be able to see the 20+/-% profit.

Think about this. If you have a million or more dollars, you can make 3.9% sitting at home in your underwear.

A million dollars and you think 3.8% is a good return? Okay, if you think that is a good return, bully for you. I think on a million that is pretty low.

A million dollars and you think 3.8% is a good return? Okay, if you think that is a good return, bully for you. I think on a million that is pretty low.

Your an idiot if you believe restaurants have a 3.9% profit.

Forum List

Back