Restaurant die-off is first course of California’s $15 minimum wage

If you remove Mortgage Equity Withdrawals (people using their homes as ATMs) from Bush's GDP figures, it seems as though he had the worst growth in 80 years:

Wings-S.jpg

1. Been around, I hope things are going well for you. How do you drive an extra 40 to 70 customers a day?

2. The average profit margin of a restaurant is 3.6% to make up $192.50 in costs a restaurant needs to generate over $5300 a day in revenue to maintain the slim 3.6% in profit.
3. If you increase customers you will increase food costs, you increase labor, water, sewer, lights and so on. So a business owner would need to look at the impact of a wage increase and find ways to off set the expense. The ways to do that are limited. Increase menu prices, look at the restaurant hours and cut back on slow business hours, layoff workers and short staff, get lower quality food, cut back on portions, there are other ways but those are most of them. Most small businesses don't have a lot of areas to cut back.

1. Health and business been good can't complain. Just returned from a summer Hawaiian vacation with my entire clan for 8 days.

2. The 35 number of customers I gave for lunch and dinners is the minimum. There are no such restaurants that only have 35 customers for lunch and dinners. Otherwise they are not in business to begin with. I gave a minimum $5.50 per person increase from old menu x 35 customers to cover $192. They do these all the time. That kind of increase will not result in lay off, cut back hours, short staff or lower quality food. Otherwise all famous and big restaurants are closed a long time ago.
There are tons of small businesses here that are operational and successful. They do give raises to their current employees, a lot of them are making over $16/hour. I do not expect a lot or any business that will close because of MW hike. If business is good business will survive----- If business is sucks like food you don't expect to survive.

My favorite taco stand here in San Diego normally cost me $3.15 for one taco asada. I know the owner for many years. She increased the price of taco asada to $3.65 and so the rest of the menu across the board including soda effective last June 5. Not sure what and how much she increases across the board
I ate 4 taco asada today no soda ( too much sugar) just water. That is when I asked her ------ Why is the increase? She said MW increase amigo and the place was packed as always.
With low unemployment rate businesses are force to hire the rejects and higher rates than $12.

Glad you had a great vacation, we just did a drive from Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower and Yellowstone, this fall we are taking a cruise.

I'm just saying that additional costs are not simply offset by raising prices. If a business has an increase of costs by $192, the offset has to be a lot more than $192. The actual cost is not $192, however it is closer to $5000, otherwise the profit margin goes down. Most restaurants work off a 3.6% profit margin. To produce more food, you would have to buy more food, use more electric, clean more dishes etc, etc. so it always isn't easy to do. You do have to raise food prices but it isn't the only way you can recoup a labor increase.

'Most restaurants work off a 3.6% profit margin.'

Not including;

-The owners payroll.
-The owners families payroll.
-The company car (s).
-The owners girlfriend/Sugar Baby.
-The owners vacation property.

Much, much, more than 3.6%

The first three are not part of profit margin.
Last two are part of the first one.

Therefore PG is right.

It's ALL profit. The five that I wrote are the best profit of all......deductible profit.

You got no clue what is the profit, payroll or deductions.

You're a bigot. Your definition of smart and dumb differ from mine. Your traveling salesman job doesn't qualify as a business owner. No successful owner would trash such a large segment of the population.

How is pointing out and proving that if you're middle class voting Republican is voting against your own best interest 'bigoted?'

Your proof is lacking.

Since 1970, name one Republican sponsored bill that helped the middle class without giving a huge boost to the rich.

Depends on what you define "huge boost" is.

My taxes went from 70% to 26%. YOU got a tax increase.

There is no 26% tax bracket.

Why would you ignore bills that help the middle class and the rich?

Non-answer for there aren't any.

Reagan's tax cuts helped the rich and the middle class.

Reagan's tax cuts helped the rich, the middle class paid for. Trickle down sound failure?

Who, percentually, got larger tax cut, middle class or rich?

Actual (real dollars) the rich.

You're dodging the question.

Again. Who, percentually, got larger tax cut, middle class or rich?

How is pointing out and proving that if you're middle class voting Republican is voting against your own best interest 'bigoted?'

Your proof is lacking.

Since 1970, name one Republican sponsored bill that helped the middle class without giving a huge boost to the rich.

There is, however, an effective tax rate, which is the final percent of income paid. How much do you understand about how the tax rates work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Health and business been good can't complain. Just returned from a summer Hawaiian vacation with my entire clan for 8 days.

2. The 35 number of customers I gave for lunch and dinners is the minimum. There are no such restaurants that only have 35 customers for lunch and dinners. Otherwise they are not in business to begin with. I gave a minimum $5.50 per person increase from old menu x 35 customers to cover $192. They do these all the time. That kind of increase will not result in lay off, cut back hours, short staff or lower quality food. Otherwise all famous and big restaurants are closed a long time ago.
There are tons of small businesses here that are operational and successful. They do give raises to their current employees, a lot of them are making over $16/hour. I do not expect a lot or any business that will close because of MW hike. If business is good business will survive----- If business is sucks like food you don't expect to survive.

My favorite taco stand here in San Diego normally cost me $3.15 for one taco asada. I know the owner for many years. She increased the price of taco asada to $3.65 and so the rest of the menu across the board including soda effective last June 5. Not sure what and how much she increases across the board
I ate 4 taco asada today no soda ( too much sugar) just water. That is when I asked her ------ Why is the increase? She said MW increase amigo and the place was packed as always.
With low unemployment rate businesses are force to hire the rejects and higher rates than $12.

Glad you had a great vacation, we just did a drive from Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower and Yellowstone, this fall we are taking a cruise.

I'm just saying that additional costs are not simply offset by raising prices. If a business has an increase of costs by $192, the offset has to be a lot more than $192. The actual cost is not $192, however it is closer to $5000, otherwise the profit margin goes down. Most restaurants work off a 3.6% profit margin. To produce more food, you would have to buy more food, use more electric, clean more dishes etc, etc. so it always isn't easy to do. You do have to raise food prices but it isn't the only way you can recoup a labor increase.

'Most restaurants work off a 3.6% profit margin.'

Not including;

-The owners payroll.
-The owners families payroll.
-The company car (s).
-The owners girlfriend/Sugar Baby.
-The owners vacation property.

Much, much, more than 3.6%

The first three are not part of profit margin.
Last two are part of the first one.

Therefore PG is right.

It's ALL profit. The five that I wrote are the best profit of all......deductible profit.

You got no clue what is the profit, payroll or deductions.

Answer this; Where does a business owner derive their monies?

Your proof is lacking.

Under Reagan?

Your proof is lacking.

Under Reagan?

Nope.

Under Reagan?

Nope.

Rat's! It was 28%!

'In 1981, Reagan significantly reduced the maximum tax rate, which affected the highest income earners, and lowered the top marginal tax rate from 70% to 50%; in 1986 he further reduced the rate to 28%.'

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Under Reagan?

Nope.

Rat's! It was 28%!

'In 1981, Reagan significantly reduced the maximum tax rate, which affected the highest income earners, and lowered the top marginal tax rate from 70% to 50%; in 1986 he further reduced the rate to 28%.'

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

I corrected you once before, at least, when you made that error.
Too much weed?

Under Reagan?

Nope.

Rat's! It was 28%!

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Too much weed?

I think he is higher than a kite 24/7, it would explain a lot of his lies and total BS!

Under Reagan?

Nope.

Rat's! It was 28%!

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Too much weed?

You corrected me but I still made my point.

Rat's! It was 28%!

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Too much weed?

I think he is higher than a kite 24/7, it would explain a lot of his lies and total BS!

Reagan lowered my taxes from 70% to 28% and he raised yours. Prove me wrong.

The percentage of profit that well plan/financed restaurants make is 20%+/-. Remember, profit is more than just post tax net.

Rat's! It was 28%!

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Too much weed?

Reagan lowered my taxes from 70% to 28% and he raised yours.

Your claim, post your proof.

Rat's! It was 28%!

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Too much weed?

I already did.

Rat's! It was 28%!

Reaganomics - Wikipedia

Too much weed?

I already did.

You posted proof that middle class taxes were higher in 1988 than in 1980?
That's funny.

Forum List

Back