Responsible concealed carry permit holder doesn't shoot back...another anti gun myth busted...

Had the gunman fired in the direction of a cop and ran, the cop would have opened fire on the fleeing criminal.

Sorry officer but after the dead guy fired at me 5 times and ran I wasn't sure if he would turn around and fire more rounds.

Sorry officer but after the dead guy fired at me 5 times and ran I wasn't sure if he would turn around and fire more rounds.
The SCOTUS already addressed that and ruled that the weapons could keep up with the times. Oh yeah, do your own research and find it.

So...this concealed carry permit holder gets shot at 5 times in quick succession and the shooter immediately runs...the permit holder...doesn't shoot back because the guy is already fleeing.......

Yes....people who carry guns are majority, responsible people who don't want to shoot anyone.....
Did he stand down because he doesn't want to shoot anyone -- or because he knows what he's in for if he shoots a fleeing subject? He's probably well-trained.

The SCOTUS already addressed that and ruled that the weapons could keep up with the times. Oh yeah, do your own research and find it.
What ? The point I'm making is that if someone fires shots at me I have every intention of putting them in the ground I don't care if they are running away after firing.

If the cops shoot a fleeing criminal with a gun in hand that had just shot at them, the police department would call the shooting justified. If a civilian would have done exactly the same thing, the civilian would have been locked up.

What ? The point I'm making is that if someone fires shots at me I have every intention of putting them in the ground I don't care if they are running away after firing.
Thunderkiss1965, I actually agree with you on this topic. If they shoot at you, shoot back. However, use enough judgement to be aware of who and what is around the shooter. Once he's running, he's likely to be running in a straight line, minus obstacles, so take careful aim and then pop him.

Thunderkiss1965, I actually agree with you on this topic. If they shoot at you, shoot back. However, use enough judgement to be aware of who and what is around the shooter. Once he's running, he's likely to be running in a straight line, minus obstacles, so take careful aim and then pop him.
I have some skills in that area.

I have some skills in that area.
Yeah. I always hit what I aim at and if the shooter is running away, take a couple of slow deep breaths, hold it and squeeze the trigger and down he'll go.

If the cops shoot a fleeing criminal with a gun in hand that had just shot at them, the police department would call the shooting justified. If a civilian would have done exactly the same thing, the civilian would have been locked up.
Under some circumstances you are right. But there are exceptions, such as the somewhat recent example (I believe in South Carolina) in which a cop who chased a non-violent subject shot him in the back seven times, killing him, has been criminally charged. The pivotal factor in such situations is whether or not the fleeing subject represents a clear and present danger to others -- such as in the example of Michael Brown, in Ferguson, MO. Brown wasn't shot in the back but killing him was justified because he had clearly demonstrated his intention and potential for lethal violence.

The same circumstances would apply in the example of a civilian shooting a fleeing or unarmed subject, but the civilian would have a much harder time making his case than a cop would. Because while a police officer is endowed with a specific level of authority and lawful justification for the use of deadly force a civilian is not.

Under some circumstances you are right. But there are exceptions, such as the somewhat recent example (I believe in South Carolina) in which a cop who chased a non-violent subject shot him in the back seven times, killing him, has been criminally charged. The pivotal factor in such situations is whether or not the fleeing subject represents a clear and present danger to others -- such as in the example of Michael Brown, in Ferguson, MO. Brown wasn't shot in the back but killing him was justified because he had clearly demonstrated his intention and potential for lethal violence.

The same circumstances would apply in the example of a civilian shooting a fleeing or unarmed subject, but the civilian would have a much harder time making his case than a cop would. Because while a police officer is endowed with a specific level of authority and lawful justification for the use of deadly force a civilian is not.
You mean that fat 50 year old black man that the cop ventilated as he was running away?

Forum List

Back