Response: Katrina vs Haiti Quake

Some people really don't know the meaning of weakness.

LOL!!!
roflmao.gif

really?

Liberalism is not to be confused with progressivism.

Distinctions with a difference. Nuance. Reality. Strength.
:cool:

Another way to look at Obama's response could be like...

There was a major earthquake and massive loss of life in Haiti. News organizations will be focused on that 24/7. Anything we want to do that is not related to relief efforts will not make the news. Call back Hillary and Gates since they won’t be making the news. I have the USAID (U.S. Agency for International Development) department and they are trained for this type of response. The best thing I can do is announce my support for the relief efforts and the men and women who are trained to do it. Also, for political points let’s see if we can get some. Bush announced $35M initial response for the 2004 tsunami and got grief from the press so triple his initial offer. People are enamored by numbers even if they know nothing about how relief will work. Do people really think you can spend $100M in a day? I know the USA will commit more than $100M over the long term but a number needs to be thrown to the people.

You DO have a reading comprehension issue.
I made it quite clear that the left AND the right tend to blame each other for things that are not left and right issues.

As for Obama acting swiftly with an international disaster.....yes, he did.

Just as Bush did with the Tsunami.

Just as Bush did with every hurricane AFTER seeing the flaws in the system during Katrina.

And just as Obama did when he saw the flaws in our system a la the underwear bomber.

Learn to read and comprehend. It is not a good idea to simply assume someone is arguing your point.

In other words...you will learn a lot more if you stop assuming everyone is like you....partisan.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

What Bush did in those other instances is what the government had done before him.

The GOP admin learned n-o-t-h-i-n-g. Get IT? They merely went back to what should have been done.

Your myopic view from the fence is side blinding you.

Giving credit for doing what is expected?

yeah, you're non partisan alright...and stupid.

Oh...I see. You are just an asshole.

My apologies. I did not know you were an asshole. I have received the PM's telling me you were an asshole, buit I like to find these things out myself.

Yep. They were right. You are an asshole.

So what you, an asshole, is saying is that Bush INTENTIONALLY had a poor response to Katrina....and when he realized that the people did not like that, he decided to do the right thing and have better responses to Rita and the others.

Got it.

And thus you are an asshole.

You DO have a reading comprehension issue.
I made it quite clear that the left AND the right tend to blame each other for things that are not left and right issues.

As for Obama acting swiftly with an international disaster.....yes, he did.

Just as Bush did with the Tsunami.

Just as Bush did with every hurricane AFTER seeing the flaws in the system during Katrina.

And just as Obama did when he saw the flaws in our system a la the underwear bomber.

Learn to read and comprehend. It is not a good idea to simply assume someone is arguing your point.

In other words...you will learn a lot more if you stop assuming everyone is like you....partisan.

What Bush did in those other instances is what the government had done before him.

The GOP admin learned n-o-t-h-i-n-g. Get IT? They merely went back to what should have been done.

My apologies. I did not know you were an asshole. I have received the PM's telling me you were an asshole, buit I like to find these things out myself.

So what you, an asshole, is saying is that Bush INTENTIONALLY had a poor response to Katrina....and when he realized that the people did not like that, he decided to do the right thing and have better responses to Rita and the others.

Got it.

wrong. you are stuck on stupid.

you imagine you are being fair and balanced. you are not. you are deluded.

don't blame me. I voted Hillary

There was a major earthquake and massive loss of life in Haiti. News organizations will be focused on that 24/7. Anything we want to do that is not related to relief efforts will not make the news. Call back Hillary and Gates since they won’t be making the news. I have the USAID (U.S. Agency for International Development) department and they are trained for this type of response. The best thing I can do is announce my support for the relief efforts and the men and women who are trained to do it. Also, for political points let’s see if we can get some. Bush announced $35M initial response for the 2004 tsunami and got grief from the press so triple his initial offer. People are enamored by numbers even if they know nothing about how relief will work. Do people really think you can spend $100M in a day? I know the USA will commit more than $100M over the long term but a number needs to be thrown to the people.

That is kind of a sick view of the President.

And that is coming from me! I am not a fan of the President or either political party.

Immie

That is kind of a sick view of the President.

And that is coming from me! I am not a fan of the President or either political party.

Immie

Perhaps, but I don't doubt for one second that the administration will be looking with interest about what the public's reaction is to the way Obama has handled this.

Got it.

wrong. you are stuck on stupid.

you imagine you are being fair and balanced. you are not. you are deluded.

don't blame me. I voted Hillary

Dam...she had my vote if she made it to November.
Hate it when I agree with assholes.

Should've have made a bet as to how soon the lefty cranks started making this stupid comparison....Would've made bank.

BTW...How long did it take the Ossiah to come out with any reaction to the knickerbomber...Like three days?!?!??

6 days for Bush with the Shoe Bomber. :eek:

Dope! stop smoking it and you may stop being one.:lol:

Should've have made a bet as to how soon the lefty cranks started making this stupid comparison....Would've made bank.

BTW...How long did it take the Ossiah to come out with any reaction to the knickerbomber...Like three days?!?!??

Mocks making comparisons, then makes a comparison.

go figure

that what happens when you get your talking points fed to you.

So you are saying that Obama is only half as bad as Bush?

I thought Obama was the greatest President of all time and Bush was the worst. But everytime Obama makes a mistake, alll I hear about is how he is no different than Bush.

Call me nuts....but the last person I would compare my idol to is the person I hate the most.
Kind of ironic if you think about it.

I mocked a specific and absurd comparison, not a blanket disparagement of all comparisons, dipshit.

Wile I'm at it here, it cost neither Obammy or anyone else anything, in time money or expended effort, at all for him to come out and say something after the failed bombing....But give that asshole a chance to spend everyone else's money and order people around, under the faux rubric of "compassion", and that little twirp doesn't spare a moment.

Notice how this incompetent debater attempts to counter my factual statements with a personal attack.

ROTFLMAO - you actually think the following qualifies as a "factual statement" ? Really? Seriously?

"The ENTIRE disaster could have been mitigated had these 2 inept fucking morons acted. There would have been ZERO DEATHS." PatekPhilippe

Really?

Sorry Patek, if you think Katrina could have rolled through NOLA and the north shore with ZERO deaths just because 2 people "act" - then you're an idiot. If you further consider your ridiculous claim to be a "factual statement" rather than just your idiotic opinion, then you are not only an idiot, but brain dead.

Once again your ignorance is showing....you see...they had this thing called AN EVACUATION PLAN that they NEVER PUT INTO ACTION until Bush called Blanco and literally ordered her to evacuate...but by then the cities DISASTER PREPAREDNESS PLAN WAS EXPOSED FOR THE JOKE IT WAS....Nagin FAILED, Blanco FAILED...yet in your supreme dishonesty you give them a pass for no other reason than they are Democrats.

You're pathetic.

LOL look at PP engage in personal attacks as he avoids offering proof to substantiate his claims. Yet based on his previous post you would see that he is allegedly against such things. LOL Oh and when did bush call blanco?? Got any proof that shows it happened as you claim??
You claim to present facts and yet your 4 days claim was proven false by the fact that 4 days before it was over florida and predicted to hit the florida panhandle. Then to top it off the other poster asked you to prove one of the other things you claimed was fact and you fail to substantiate it. So can you prove ZERO people would have died or not??

Call me nuts....but the last person I would compare my idol to is the person I hate the most.
It's the only way anyone as hopelessly inept and incapable as the stooges the left supports can be made to look good.

Kinda like Barry Obolshevik comparing his bowling skills with those of Special Olympics kids. ;)

So you are saying that Obama is only half as bad as Bush?
Nope. But I saw the correlation there as I posted it. If I were using a standard of how bad people were, I'd have to say Bush was half assed as opposed to Obama.

thought Obama was the greatest President of all time and Bush was the worst. But everytime Obama makes a mistake, alll I hear about is how he is no different than Bush.
I didn't vote for Obama...twice.

But that was what the GOP did with CLinton. They talked about what Clinton did with everything. I was only pointing out a comparison, not an excuse for what Obama might have done wrong.

The right engaged in mentioning Clinton only as a cover for Bush. I did not mention Bush as a cover for Obama's actions, did I?

me nuts....but the last person I would compare my idol to is the person I hate the most.

I did not compare Bush and Obama and Obama was not my choice for either DNC Presidential candidate or for President.

I did compare the actions of a self professed compassionate conservative, Bush, who you excuse for later on doing what was expected...the norm..nothing exceptional, with the swift response of Obama on his first crisis of this nature.

btw, what was it such big news that Bush insisted he was a compassionate conservative? could it be an acknowledgement on his part that conservatives historically lacked compassion?

It's the only way anyone as hopelessly inept and incapable as the stooges the left supports can be made to look good.

Kinda like Barry Obolshevik comparing his bowling skills with those of Special Olympics kids. ;)

only problem here is when you sober up you'll notice I didn't vote for Obama.

and when your head clears up you'll notice I go after leftists and progressives with as much as I go after morons like you.

swede, eh?
:eusa_whistle:

go figure

You become a Liberal.......and vote for Obama....

go figure

You become a Liberal.......and vote for Obama....

I left the Democratic party. I am a liberal. Never cared for progressives or populists. I've voted for a few liberal Republicans. I never voted for Obama, though if he does well this term I will most likely vote for him having a second term. I like success and experience.

only problem here is when you sober up you'll notice I didn't vote for Obama.

and when your head clears up you'll notice I go after leftists and progressives with as much as I go after morons like you.

swede, eh?
:eusa_whistle:
I know you didn't vote for Boyking, any more than I have any talking points fed to me.

Face it....I'm simply much smarter than you are, and you know it.

Forum List

Back