Reshaping US aid to the Palestinians

T
That would be like saying send the Jews back to Europe so they can settle among those from whom they are in distinguishable.

Basicaly Team Israel seems to be promoting uprooting Palestinians from their homeland. How convenient.
False equivalency. No other mostly Jewish nations.
Doesnt matter if you are promoting expulsions ... Jews that came from Europe share a common European culture. Given the heavy handed approach of denying identity in order to get rid of people why not?

Doesnt matter if you are promoting expulsions ... Jews that

Now don't you fall for this "Jews are Europeans" crap and start repeating it.

The common culture the Jewish people have in Israel is the Jewish culture. That's what binds them together and makes them the Jewish people.[/ is a common theme on the pro-terrorist propaganda sites.
Doesnt matter if you are promoting expulsions ... Jews that came from Europe share a common European culture. Given the heavy handed approach of denying identity in order to get rid of people why not?

The common culture the Jewish people have in Israel is the Jewish culture. That's what binds them together and makes them the Jewish people.
Judaism, its history, culture, everything is what has always bound all Jews together.

Israel is the place where they have always belonged, anytime they lived away from that land.

When people fill their heads with the propaganda they find at pro- terrorist and antisemitic websites, this Jews as Europeans theme is one they pick up.

Offering this theme says a lot about a person's internet habits.
What are you talking about?
I wrote in plain English.

The theme you offered is only found at terrorist and neo Nazi type sites.
Untrue.

Israel is much like the US, in that it has a culturally diverse immigrant. population from around the world who’s only point of commonality is that they are Jewish. Their cultural backgrounds vary from Arabicized to European in origin, American, African and Indian. This diversity does not necessarily create harmony, in fact Israel has a lot of cultural divisions among these groups including discrimination. Again like America. Acknowledging that, acknowledging the immigrant nature of A portion of Israel’s population is no different than acknowledging our American heritage. In fact it gives Israel a culturally rich diversity that is refreshing. I don’t see how that can be attributed to hate sites frankly nor do I peruse them.

I have no issue with recognizing Jewish identity and rights AND Palestinian identity and rights, and if you think otherwise after years of posting then I am sorry.
Ditto.
You seem to be arguing against recognizing Palestinian identity and agreeing with those who deny it.

On the contrary, I simply think we should honest about what it is.

It exists. But it was not a natural outgrowth of a unique culture which developed in place. It arose within a specific political context as a direct response to other political events. And it still is not strong enough as a culture to bring about a unified nationality and liberation movement.

Does that mean Arab Palestinians have no identity? Of course not.

Most of us on Team Israel can see the reality and express it as such. And discuss it.

Without that strong development of a national identity, I think it likely the Palestinians will eventually be re-absorbed into the surrounding nations. In fact, I've expressed several times that might be the best solution to the conflict.

I have indicated no such thing. Stop lying.

I fear you have been hacked, then, Coyote, because as all the good posters in this thread can see, the Islamist poster called Coyote DID say so right here:

Trump freezes Palestinian Authorities BANK ACCOUNTS

Are there two of you running around?
You are such a liar. You are taking what I said in relation to AID and using it to imply I feel Palestinians do nothing wrong in any context. You dishonest piece of shit. I should not be surprised.

You said they have done nothing wrong so should continue to get aid.

It was as clear cut as all get up.
I said they have done nothing wrong to cause a total cessation of aid and I went on to support my points through multiple posts by providing examples of countries with similar issues who continue to receive aid.

Are you continue down this dishonest path? Were you able to refute any of the points I made or are you limited to taking a statement out of context and lying about it?

I have no issue with recognizing Jewish identity and rights AND Palestinian identity and rights, and if you think otherwise after years of posting then I am sorry.
Ditto.
You seem to be arguing against recognizing Palestinian identity and agreeing with those who deny it.

It exists. But it was not a natural outgrowth of a unique culture which developed in place. It arose within a specific political context as a direct response to other political events. And it still is not strong enough as a culture to bring about a unified nationality and liberation movement.

Most of us on Team Israel can see the reality and express it as such. And discuss it.

Without that strong development of a national identity, I think it likely the Palestinians will eventually be re-absorbed into the surrounding nations. In fact, I've expressed several times that might be the best solution to the conflict.
Does it matter how it arises? Because we don’t know how most identities arose. How came into being as a result of conflict?

You can make a valid argument that while Jews share common culture based in Judiasm,

Error #1. The Jewish people share a common culture, history and heritage which is based, only in part, on a shared and unique religion. The culture, customs and traditions exist outside and alongside the religion.

they are also a diverse population from around the world
...because they were ethically cleansed from their own historical, indigenous lands and who managed to avoid assimilate and retain their own culture, customs and traditions over the space of 3000 years in Diaspora.

who share as much if not more in some cases with those cultures than with each other.
Is there some sort of problem with having more than one cultural heritage? How is this relevant? It comes perilously close to the canard of "its just a religion" which delegitimizes the Jewish people, their identity and their history.

French Jews consider themselves French.
French Jews ARE French -- as in they are nationals of France. They also have some cultural attributes - notably language - of being French. Again, so what? This slides by the "are Jews more loyal to Israel or their country". Why would the adoption of another culture in any way change their Jewish identity. Are Palestinian Americans no longer Palestinian?

Jews from Arabicized cultures are considered Arab.
Not by the Jews themselves.

If you say a Palestinian could be dumped in Syria and no one could tell the difference...
WE are not the ones saying that. That originates with the people themselves. They do not consider themselves different from Syrians and Jordanians. They consider themselves one people. That is even evident in the various charters and basic laws.

The people here who work very hard to deny the Palestinians their identity are no different from their ideological opposites who put their energy into denying Jews their unique identity.
I disagree. There is a very great difference between denying the Jewish identity and acknowledging the emergence of the Palestinian identity at a certain place and in a certain time. Especially as this reflects the expressions of the Palestinian people themselves.

The question I have to ask is this : why do both sides view this as a zero sum equation where one sides identity has to be demolished in order to "win"?
Both sides do not view it as a zero sum equation. Only one side does that. That is why things like the withdrawal from Gaza can happen.
Much of that can be applied to the Palestinians but isn’t. I have no issue with recognizing Jewish identity and rights AND Palestinian identity and rights, and if you think otherwise after years of posting then I am sorry.

Read this thread and tell me WHO is recognizing the identity of the other.

Sixties?
Dogmaphobe?
Member?
Independent?
Rylah?

There is a very clear double standard at play here, where in order to validate Jewish rights Palestinian identity must be marginalized and the must be turned into a fictional people who can never gain an identity because of their beginnings. That of course makes it easier to dismiss them and their rights and support expelling them to other Arab countries.

It is not just team Palestine that has problems accepting the right to identity of the other. As far as some here are concerned they are just Arab Muslims.

And no one seems able to define the magical point where they become accepted as a people.

Talking about "teams" is very childish. This isn't about teams, but about intellectual honesty.

There is a bigger cultural difference between People living in New York and Texas than there is between these "Palestinians" and any other Arabs. They are Arabs. That's what they are. They speak Arabic, follow Arabic culture, and did not think of themselves as anything BUT Arabs until encouraged to do so 50 years ago. Why this is important has been explained to you AD NAUSEUM over the years, but you still cling to your childish blather about "Teams"

700000 Arabs left what is now Israel in 1948. 900,000 Jews were summarily expelled from Arab lands soon thereafter. The invention of these "Palestinians" (and by an Egyptian, no less) is just a way to hoodwink childish people who speak in terms of "teams" into supporting the Arabs by creating the illusion of victimhood.

Intelligent and intellectually honest people see through the ruse.

To be fair to Coyote, I believe I am the one who instituted the "Team" phrasing.

It arose on another board which I participated in for years. It was specifically used to avoid having to constantly type pro-Palestinian or anti-Israel.

It's a convenient shorthand for me and you should properly blame me for it rather than Coyote.

Ditto.

Does it matter how it arises? Because we don’t know how most identities arose. How came into being as a result of conflict?

Yes. It does matter.

Else I wouldn't be arguing for the honesty.

Ditto.

Most of Team Israel is flat out denying identity every time the refer to them as Arab Mosley’s. Just like when Team Palestine refers to European Invaders.

Look at this thread and the names I mentioned a few posts earlier.

Who among them is recognizing a seperate Palestinian identity?

Ditto.

Yes. It does matter.

No, I disagree. Saying it matters is just a subtle way of denying it..

The common culture the Jewish people have in Israel is the Jewish culture. That's what binds them together and makes them the Jewish people.[/ is a common theme on the pro-terrorist propaganda sites.

The common culture the Jewish people have in Israel is the Jewish culture. That's what binds them together and makes them the Jewish people.
Judaism, its history, culture, everything is what has always bound all Jews together.

Israel is the place where they have always belonged, anytime they lived away from that land.

When people fill their heads with the propaganda they find at pro- terrorist and antisemitic websites, this Jews as Europeans theme is one they pick up.

Untrue.

Israel is much like the US, in that it has a culturally diverse immigrant. population from around the world who’s only point of commonality is that they are Jewish. Their cultural backgrounds vary from Arabicized to European in origin, American, African and Indian. This diversity does not necessarily create harmony, in fact Israel has a lot of cultural divisions among these groups including discrimination. Again like America. Acknowledging that, acknowledging the immigrant nature of A portion of Israel’s population is no different than acknowledging our American heritage. In fact it gives Israel a culturally rich diversity that is refreshing. I don’t see how that can be attributed to hate sites frankly nor do I peruse them.

The Jewish people are the indigenous people. Not colonizers. Not invaders. So no, not like America at ALL.

Yes. It does matter.

No, I disagree. Saying it matters is just a subtle way of denying it..

It matters because it has not presented itself as a viable national identity. Yet. Hope endures.

You can make a valid argument that while Jews share common culture based in Judiasm,

Error #1. The Jewish people share a common culture, history and heritage which is based, only in part, on a shared and unique religion. The culture, customs and traditions exist outside and alongside the religion.

they are also a diverse population from around the world
...because they were ethically cleansed from their own historical, indigenous lands and who managed to avoid assimilate and retain their own culture, customs and traditions over the space of 3000 years in Diaspora.

who share as much if not more in some cases with those cultures than with each other.
Is there some sort of problem with having more than one cultural heritage? How is this relevant? It comes perilously close to the canard of "its just a religion" which delegitimizes the Jewish people, their identity and their history.

French Jews consider themselves French.
French Jews ARE French -- as in they are nationals of France. They also have some cultural attributes - notably language - of being French. Again, so what? This slides by the "are Jews more loyal to Israel or their country". Why would the adoption of another culture in any way change their Jewish identity. Are Palestinian Americans no longer Palestinian?

Jews from Arabicized cultures are considered Arab.
Not by the Jews themselves.

If you say a Palestinian could be dumped in Syria and no one could tell the difference...
WE are not the ones saying that. That originates with the people themselves. They do not consider themselves different from Syrians and Jordanians. They consider themselves one people. That is even evident in the various charters and basic laws.

The people here who work very hard to deny the Palestinians their identity are no different from their ideological opposites who put their energy into denying Jews their unique identity.
I disagree. There is a very great difference between denying the Jewish identity and acknowledging the emergence of the Palestinian identity at a certain place and in a certain time. Especially as this reflects the expressions of the Palestinian people themselves.

The question I have to ask is this : why do both sides view this as a zero sum equation where one sides identity has to be demolished in order to "win"?
Both sides do not view it as a zero sum equation. Only one side does that. That is why things like the withdrawal from Gaza can happen.
Much of that can be applied to the Palestinians but isn’t. I have no issue with recognizing Jewish identity and rights AND Palestinian identity and rights, and if you think otherwise after years of posting then I am sorry.

Read this thread and tell me WHO is recognizing the identity of the other.

Sixties?
Dogmaphobe?
Member?
Independent?
Rylah?

There is a very clear double standard at play here, where in order to validate Jewish rights Palestinian identity must be marginalized and the must be turned into a fictional people who can never gain an identity because of their beginnings. That of course makes it easier to dismiss them and their rights and support expelling them to other Arab countries.

It is not just team Palestine that has problems accepting the right to identity of the other. As far as some here are concerned they are just Arab Muslims.

And no one seems able to define the magical point where they become accepted as a people.

Talking about "teams" is very childish. This isn't about teams, but about intellectual honesty.

There is a bigger cultural difference between People living in New York and Texas than there is between these "Palestinians" and any other Arabs. They are Arabs. That's what they are. They speak Arabic, follow Arabic culture, and did not think of themselves as anything BUT Arabs until encouraged to do so 50 years ago. Why this is important has been explained to you AD NAUSEUM over the years, but you still cling to your childish blather about "Teams"

700000 Arabs left what is now Israel in 1948. 900,000 Jews were summarily expelled from Arab lands soon thereafter. The invention of these "Palestinians" (and by an Egyptian, no less) is just a way to hoodwink childish people who speak in terms of "teams" into supporting the Arabs by creating the illusion of victimhood.

Intelligent and intellectually honest people see through the ruse.
I am going to simplify this for you because I think your statement reveals a depth of cultural ignorance when people try to talk about the areas such as the Middle East or Africa or Latin America as if they were all culturally the same while claiming Texas and New York are more different. Talk to the people there and they would point out huge differences, prejudices, dialects and culture. Morocco is not like Saudi Arabia and neither are like Egypt but all are part of the Arab world like Sweden, Italy and Belgium are part of the European world. Honestly it is the height of cultural ignorance and arrogance to assume they are all the same because you are to lazy to learn anything about them.

Untrue.

The Jewish people are the indigenous people. Not colonizers. Not invaders. So no, not like America at ALL.
yes like America. They have been gone for thousands of years. The peop,e immigrating to or returning to (which ever way you look at it) are not the same people who left and in their immigration or return, they brought with them the cultures they had become in other lands.

Untrue.

I enjoy seeing those who are not Jews tell me what real Jews are....

Untrue.

I am not telling you who is or isn’t a real Jew. As far as I am concerned anyone who self identifies as Jewish, is. Does that cause problems for you?

Untrue.

I am not telling you who is or isn’t a real Jew. As far as I am concerned anyone who self identifies as Jewish, is. Does that cause problems for you?

But you are. Reciting history, stating the difference between ME Jews and EUR Jews. LOL.

There is a reason Jews persevere despite our small numbers. We don't have wars and try to kill one another. We help one another at all costs and stand together unified. At least 99% of us do. We all suffered a similar despair not all that long ago. Those who are not Jews simply do not grasp this bond. And every time they denounce Israel and applaud the terror territory of Gaza and Fatah controlled West Bank we just shake our heads.

Untrue.

But you are. Reciting history, stating the difference between ME Jews and EUR Jews. LOL.

There is a reason Jews persevere despite our small numbers. We don't have wars and try to kill one another. We help one another at all costs and stand together unified. At least 99% of us do. We all suffered a similar despair not all that long ago. Those who are not Jews simply do not grasp this bond. And every time they denounce Israel and applaud the terror territory of Gaza and Fatah controlled West Bank we just shake our heads.
Christians in Egypt are different than Christians in France are different than Christians in Mexico. Muslims in the US are different than Muslims in Saudi are different than Muslims in China.

Are you saying that all Jews are are the same? They share a common heritage and the culture that comes with that heritage but they are also very diverse. That shouldn’t be seen as a negative.

Untrue.

Christians in Egypt are different than Christians in France are different than Christians in Mexico. Muslims in the US are different than Muslims in Saudi are different than Muslims in China.

Are you saying that all Jews are are the same? They share a common heritage and the culture that comes with that heritage but they are also very diverse. That shouldn’t be seen as a negative.

They share the same will to survive and thrive in a world where people despise them. Are you American?

Untrue.

They share the same will to survive and thrive in a world where people despise them. Are you American?
Yes.

Yes.

Jews are 3% of the population but statistically are the wealthiest. Also can you name one mostly Jewish neighborhood that is a bad neighborhood? We succeed despite the blatant antisemitism in this country. Why do you think that is?

Yes.

Jews are 3% of the population but statistically are the wealthiest. Also can you name one mostly Jewish neighborhood that is a bad neighborhood? We succeed despite the blatant antisemitism in this country. Why do you think that is?
What is your point?

I oppose antisemitism.

And Islamophobia.

And racism.

Forum List

Back