Reservoir Dogs - Revisited

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
A landmark classic.
I watched it today again after not seeing it in 20 years.
If made today, the way the script talked about Blacks would guarantee that no distributor would release this movie, and if they did, it would bear the brunt of boycotts and protests.

it was a good movie for sure . But movie making sure seems to have gone downhill . I mostly watch news or televised TALK tv and listen to the radio . Sure seems to be a lots of stupid 'superhero' cartoons on TV and movies .

it was a good movie for sure . But movie making sure seems to have gone downhill . I mostly watch news or televised TALK tv and listen to the radio . Sure seems to be a lots of stupid 'superhero' cartoons on TV and movies .

Holy Cow I couldn't agree more.
I have never known a time when I couldn't find any movie I wanted to see in the VHR/DVD rent days or today's stream rents.
In the past couple of years it has gotten downright terrible. Remakes/shark jumping and one super hero movie after another. And nearly ALL of them injecting politics. Right now I can probably peruse the top 20 new featured Rentals on say VUDU and not see a damn thing I want to see.

I have never known a time when I couldn't find any movie I wanted to see in the VHR/DVD rent days or today's stream rents.
In the past couple of years it has gotten downright terrible. Remakes/shark jumping and one super hero movie after another. And nearly ALL of them injecting politics. Right now I can probably peruse the top 20 new featured Rentals on say VUDU and not see a damn thing I want to see.

Mediocre moviegoers are driving Hollywood's movie output of spandex clad superhero's.
It used to be the other way when Hollywood set the higher bar of creativity and great innovative story-telling.

Mediocre moviegoers are driving Hollywood's movie output of spandex clad superhero's.
It used to be the other way when Hollywood set the higher bar of creativity and great innovative story-telling.
There is truth in that.
Most of the better movies I see anymore are independent studios.
Holly weird is to busy doing remakes and cash cow superhero movie of the week.

There is truth in that.
Most of the better movies I see anymore are independent studios.
Holly weird is to busy doing remakes and cash cow superhero movie of the week.
-------------------------------------- my OPINION is that its probably cheap to make a Superhero cartoon movie and they make that type movie because its what dummy millennial and offspring will tolerate while smoking a joint . And mostly they all grew up on ' hey , hey , hey -- Its FAT ALBERT OR 'SCOOBY DOO ' 'IAm .

For Reservoir Dogs fans. Behind the scenes of Lawrence Tierney.

Forum List

Back