Eastwood ...The Mule ...WTF?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Apparently Eastwood directed the movie but what the hell did it mean? A horticulturist is down on his luck (in his late 80's?) and he doesn't understand that he is being used by Mex. drug cartels to transport huge amounts of cocaine or maybe he understands it but he doesn't give a shit. Either way nobody who watches the movie gives a damn what happens to him. (spoiler) he goes to prison.

God bless the old geezer, but he lost me at Gran Torino.

In High Plains Drifter, his character rapes a woman.
After the babe takes a shot at the Eastwood character while he is taking a bath the next day he says "I wonder why it took her so long to get mad". Anyway the Eastwood "Mule" character seems clueless about the fact that he is transporting pounds of cocaine when the money and the babes are good. A far cry from Dirty Harry.

Apparently Eastwood directed the movie but what the hell did it mean? A horticulturist is down on his luck (in his late 80's?) and he doesn't understand that he is being used by Mex. drug cartels to transport huge amounts of cocaine or maybe he understands it but he doesn't give a shit. Either way nobody who watches the movie gives a damn what happens to him. (spoiler) he goes to prison.
I watched it. Your explanation of the movie is wrong. The guy actually existed and knew they were drug dealing. Too bad.

I watched it. Your explanation of the movie is wrong. The guy actually existed and knew they were drug dealing. Too bad.
What?

What?

It was inspired by a true story...

Leo Sharp - Wikipedia

‘The Mule’ Eastwood Movie: The Real Story of Leo Sharp | Heavy.com

Prosecutor shares details of drug case that inspired 'The Mule'

There’s a True Story Behind ‘The Mule’: The Sinaloa Cartel’s 90-Year-Old Drug Mule

91-year-old drug mule Leo Sharp released early from prison

What’s Fact and What’s Fiction in The Mule?

It wasn't bad. Not going to knock anyone's socks off or anything, but still a far cry better than 80% of the drivel and redos that floods the market.

Forum List

Back