Researchers claim satellite data proves global warming caused by humans

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Researchers claim satellite data proves global warming caused by humans

(Phys.org) —A team of climatologists with members from the U.S., Australia, Canada and Norway is claiming in a paper they've had published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, that they have found proof that global warming is being caused by human influences. They are basing their claims on computer simulations they've run and data obtained from three decades' worth of satellite observations[

Most of the world's scientists agree that our planet is experiencing global warming. Most also generally support the theory that the cause of global warming is due to an increase in greenhouse gasses, primarily carbon dioxide. And while many also support the notion that the increase in greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere is likely due to human emissions, few are willing to go on record claiming that global warming is due directly to human activities. The researchers in this new effort are one such group and they claim they have proof

Read more at: Researchers claim satellite data proves global warming caused by humans

The solution is clear... get rid of humans. Save the planet at any cost.

In the meantime... the U.S. plasters 39 million acres of formerly verdant oxygen-producing and Co2 reducing land with... corn.

Because more corn makes more farmers more wealthy.

Fuck the agriculture industry, for they are fucking us.

"Global warming" is caused by farms. Grain farms, cattle farms, and hog farms.

Yet here we sit, exporting tens of millions of metric tons of grains and millions of pounds of animal flesh every year... because of the power of the Agriculture lobby.

Fuck the American farmer, for he is fucking us and the planet as well.

Grocery prices at record levels?

No problem. Pay no attention.

Just pay the farmer and shut the fuck up.

Gas prices too high? Shut the fuck up, bitch!

Mandated ethanol blends are your friend, not your enemy!

Never mind that "blend wall". Nothing to see here folks. Nope, just move along and blame it on the oil industry.

I repeat... Fuck the American farmer for he is in fact, fucking you.

Wake UP... and smell the fucking roses.

Agriculture is destroying our environment. Land, sea, air....

Ooooh but wait... farmers are our fwiends. They are cute cuddly families with children romping amongst the clover. The heartland of America. Stwugging and fighting for survival.

My ass....

$5 corn... $13 beans.

Who is fucking whom?

They are basing their claims on computer simulations they've run...​

Dismissed as worthless.

Well, YOU have dismissed it as worthless. I'm sorry but I don't see a wave of people's minds changed by your decision.

And this is NOT the first time that models were unable to reproduce observations without assuming human influence. The IPCC included such data in their very first report.
Your objection to the use of models is dismissed as worthless. They are what they are, but they do have some value, particularly when used on a comparative basis.

You might as well reject all research in the natural sciences that makes use of computers. How can ANY researcher claim that they have successfully reduced some natural phenomenon to a mathematical equation (and then accurately coded it into computerese). Right?

Wrong. I don't know whether you are just grasping at straws or displaying your general ignorance, but I do know your opinion is deeply incorrect.

Last edited:
Ol' Daveboy is one ignorant ass, and determined to stay that way. Absolutely never seen an intelligent post from him. Skooker does better. At least some of the girls in his posts are good looking.

We use computer models for chemical reactions, engineering, aircraft design, weather forecasting, and so many other things. That ignoramouses like Daveboy want to go back to slide rules is simply a reflection of his inability to deal with modern devices. In fact, so much of the 'Conservatives' whining is do to their own deficiences in dealing with good change.

Ol' Daveboy is one ignorant ass, and determined to stay that way. Absolutely never seen an intelligent post from him. Skooker does better. At least some of the girls in his posts are good looking.

We use computer models for chemical reactions, engineering, aircraft design, weather forecasting, and so many other things. That ignoramouses like Daveboy want to go back to slide rules is simply a reflection of his inability to deal with modern devices. In fact, so much of the 'Conservatives' whining is do to their own deficiences in dealing with good change.

The difference is those are modelling far smaller systems, with far more detailed input data, a smaller time frame, and often can be directly compared to the system they are trying to reproduce. They are not trying to model a 2-3 billion year old climate system using 30 years of data (in this case).

Models are tools, and as tools can be used correctly, or misused negligently (or maliciously).

I have to disagree with you just a wee bit. I don't think the problem is an overarching antipathy towards technology and science. His problem is that he has to reject models to argue that AGW is false. I don't know if it's the best way for him to do it, but it IS certainly the easiest.

The difference is those are modelling far smaller systems, with far more detailed input data, a smaller time frame, and often can be directly compared to the system they are trying to reproduce. They are not trying to model a 2-3 billion year old climate system using 30 years of data (in this case).

Models are tools, and as tools can be used correctly, or misused negligently (or maliciously).

No one is running climate models for 2-3 billion years. Perhaps a hundred, tops.

Well, YOU have dismissed it as worthless. I'm sorry but I don't see a wave of people's minds changed by your decision.

Then you aren't paying attention.

Ah, but I think you DO know that the public is rejecting the con that you pull - I think you are filling your pockets from the con. I think you know that the jig is just about up.

And this is NOT the first time that models were unable to reproduce observations without assuming human influence. The IPCC included such data in their very first report.

Hmm

Say sparky, wasn't that IPCC data shown to be erroneous to the point of open fraud?

{The scientist behind the bogus claim in a Nobel Prize-winning UN report that Himalayan glaciers will have melted by 2035 last night admitted it was included purely to put political pressure on world leaders.

Dr Murari Lal also said he was well aware the statement, in the 2007 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), did not rest on peer-reviewed scientific research.

In an interview with The Mail on Sunday, Dr Lal, the co-ordinating lead author of the report’s chapter on Asia, said: ‘It related to several countries in this region and their water sources. We thought that if we can highlight it, it will impact policy-makers and politicians and encourage them to take some concrete action.}

Glacier scientists says he knew data had not been verified | Mail Online

Your objection to the use of models is dismissed as worthless. They are what they are, but they do have some value, particularly when used on a comparative basis.

You might as well reject all research in the natural sciences that makes use of computers. How can ANY researcher claim that they have successfully reduced some natural phenomenon to a mathematical equation (and then accurately coded it into computerese). Right?

Good point - open fraud isn't worthless to your con - it's vital. Without fraud, jargon, and intimidation - the fraud would have collapsed a decade back - with you leaving billions of dollars on the table.

Wrong. I don't know whether you are just grasping at straws or displaying your general ignorance, but I do know your opinion is deeply incorrect.

Actually, you know his opinion is entirely correct, and fear that many people are catching on to the fact that you are running a shell game, a con.

When your con was first used, and the Shaman pointed to the smoking volcano and demanded sacrifice from the villagers to appease the gods, there was some possibility that the volcano would erupt.

BUT the shaman had no real knowledge, and he SURE the fuck had no control, and the sacrifice of the villagers only served to enrich the shaman.

Your con has not changed - not one bit.

Ah, but I think you DO know that the public is rejecting the con that you pull - I think you are filling your pockets from the con. I think you know that the jig is just about up. Hmm
Say sparky, wasn't that IPCC data shown to be erroneous to the point of open fraud?
{The scientist behind the bogus claim in a Nobel Prize-winning UN report that Himalayan glaciers will have melted by 2035 last night admitted it was included purely to put political pressure on world leaders.
Dr Murari Lal also said he was well aware the statement, in the 2007 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), did not rest on peer-reviewed scientific research.
In an interview with The Mail on Sunday, Dr Lal, the co-ordinating lead author of the report’s chapter on Asia, said: ‘It related to several countries in this region and their water sources. We thought that if we can highlight it, it will impact policy-makers and politicians and encourage them to take some concrete action.}
Glacier scientists says he knew data had not been verified | Mail Online
Good point - open fraud isn't worthless to your con - it's vital. Without fraud, jargon, and intimidation - the fraud would have collapsed a decade back - with you leaving billions of dollars on the table.
Actually, you know his opinion is entirely correct, and fear that many people are catching on to the fact that you are running a shell game, a con.
When your con was first used, and the Shaman pointed to the smoking volcano and demanded sacrifice from the villagers to appease the gods, there was some possibility that the volcano would erupt.
BUT the shaman had no real knowledge, and he SURE the fuck had no control, and the sacrifice of the villagers only served to enrich the shaman.

Just out of curiosity, unhinged, can you recall the moment you went completely insane? Or is that memory lost in the swirling clouds of crazy crap that fills your head now? Were you always a conspiracy theory kook or did that happen after you went insane? Did your severe retardation contribute to your insanity or is being a clueless cretin just a sort of bonus for you on top of the insanity?

Another sweeping pronouncement squarely designed for publicity.

Part of our problem is the relatively SHORT PERIOD WEVE had for satellite observation. These yahoos stretch the truth to make an argment they really cant win. Yeah we, ve had sats up since 70 or so. But our ability to put realtime LONG TERM I STRUMENTS UP is more like 20 years not 50 as the morons assert.

20 years would be stretching the point. Less than ONE SINGLE solar cycle.

Please........ its just a bunch of leaping lemmings focused on the propaganda campaign..

Last edited:

Why are you such a lying sack of shit?

I love science. Science is the key to the survival of humanity.

But in case you haven't noticed (and you haven't, despite it being pointed out to you -- good ol' progressive willful ignorance!), your models are crap. Therefore, your predictions are crap.

Face it, Roxy -- your science is crap.

I have to disagree with you just a wee bit. I don't think the problem is an overarching antipathy towards technology and science. His problem is that he has to reject models to argue that AGW is false. I don't know if it's the best way for him to do it, but it IS certainly the easiest.
Are AGW cultists incapable of honesty?

I don't reject models -- if they're accurate.

Climate models are NOT accurate.

Climate models are NOT accurate.

That's the crackpot myth you denier cultists cling to no matter how many times it is shown to be complete bullshit. Endlessly repeating your myths won't magically make them true, davedumb, no matter how long you hold your breath.

The solution is clear... get rid of humans. Save the planet at any cost.

In the meantime... the U.S. plasters 39 million acres of formerly verdant oxygen-producing and Co2 reducing land with... corn.

Because more corn makes more farmers more wealthy.

Fuck the agriculture industry, for they are fucking us.

I'm for that whether they're responsible or not.

Ah, but I think you DO know that the public is rejecting the con that you pull - I think you are filling your pockets from the con. I think you know that the jig is just about up.

I'm filling MY pockets? What would make you believe that? I am a defense contractor and have been for over 30 years. Are you filling your pockets with the profits from fossil fuels?

Hmm

No. The comments about the melt rate of Himalayan glaciers occupied a portion of a single paragraph on a single page in a document several hundred pages in length. It was not repeated in the documents summary and the error was fully admitted and corrected. That you should react so hyperbolically is laughable.

Besides being unsupported by any evidence you've presented, your point here is a complete non-sequitur.

I'd like to be able to compliment an active imagination, but your lack is extensive. The evidence that global warming is taking place is overwhelming and beyond dispute. The theory that its cause is the concurrent rise in atmospheric greenhouse gases also has no contenders. And that the source of the excess GHGs in our atmosphere has been the combustion of fossil fuels has been demonstrated repeatedly by isotopic analysis and simple bookkeeping.

If you want to make a case for a decades-long and world-spanning conspiracy among thousands of scientists from all over the world, you are going to have to make a much better case than this assemblage of maundering, metaphorical claptrap. Let's see some evidence Sherlock.

faces-of-china-old-man-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum List

Back