Researchers claim satellite data proves global warming caused by humans

Ol' Daveboy is one ignorant ass, and determined to stay that way. Absolutely never seen an intelligent post from him. Skooker does better. At least some of the girls in his posts are good looking.

We use computer models for chemical reactions, engineering, aircraft design, weather forecasting, and so many other things. That ignoramouses like Daveboy want to go back to slide rules is simply a reflection of his inability to deal with modern devices. In fact, so much of the 'Conservatives' whining is do to their own deficiences in dealing with good change.

The difference is those are modelling far smaller systems, with far more detailed input data, a smaller time frame, and often can be directly compared to the system they are trying to reproduce. They are not trying to model a 2-3 billion year old climate system using 30 years of data (in this case).

Models are tools, and as tools can be used correctly, or misused negligently (or maliciously).

No one is running climate models for 2-3 billion years. Perhaps a hundred, tops.

The system they are modelling is 2-3 billion years old, assuming you discount the time the atmosphere was much hotter, and less oxygen-rich and most of the crust had not cooled.

The difference is those are modelling far smaller systems, with far more detailed input data, a smaller time frame, and often can be directly compared to the system they are trying to reproduce. They are not trying to model a 2-3 billion year old climate system using 30 years of data (in this case).

Models are tools, and as tools can be used correctly, or misused negligently (or maliciously).

No one is running climate models for 2-3 billion years. Perhaps a hundred, tops.

The system they are modelling is 2-3 billion years old, assuming you discount the time the atmosphere was much hotter, and less oxygen-rich and most of the crust had not cooled.

LOLOL....you only demonstrate how little you understand about this when you spew idiotic nonsense like that, moldybacon. You have no idea what is relevant and what is irrelevant in the scientific analysis of just what is currently happening with the Earth's climate patterns and average temperatures.

I'd like to be able to compliment an active imagination, but your lack is extensive. The evidence that global warming is taking place is overwhelming and beyond dispute. The theory that its cause is the concurrent rise in atmospheric greenhouse gases also has no contenders. And that the source of the excess GHGs in our atmosphere has been the combustion of fossil fuels has been demonstrated repeatedly by isotopic analysis and simple bookkeeping.

If you want to make a case for a decades-long and world-spanning conspiracy among thousands of scientists from all over the world, you are going to have to make a much better case than this assemblage of maundering, metaphorical claptrap. Let's see some evidence Sherlock.

The "evidence" for AGW is exactly like the "evidence" for creationism. When engaging a fanatic, there is nothing that will convince them that there is anything besides absolute proof. The overwhelming fraud, the thousands of failed predictions, the high priest (Aljazeera Gore) selling out to big oil - none of it matters, because the fanatics are not driven by fact.

Oh to be sure, you would LOVE to engage me in minutia of your doctrine, debating the meaning of each verse and why fraud by Michael Mann is actually correct, etc.

Nothing a fanatic loves more than to delve into the tar pit of their sacred dogma.

I don't play that game anymore. What you practice is voodoo, not science. Mann, Hansen, et al. are Shaman, not scientists.

There are two groups pushing AGW - frauds and morons.

ANYONE promoting the New Age idiocy of AGW is one or the other.

I'd like to be able to compliment an active imagination, but your lack is extensive. The evidence that global warming is taking place is overwhelming and beyond dispute. The theory that its cause is the concurrent rise in atmospheric greenhouse gases also has no contenders. And that the source of the excess GHGs in our atmosphere has been the combustion of fossil fuels has been demonstrated repeatedly by isotopic analysis and simple bookkeeping.

If you want to make a case for a decades-long and world-spanning conspiracy among thousands of scientists from all over the world, you are going to have to make a much better case than this assemblage of maundering, metaphorical claptrap. Let's see some evidence Sherlock.

The "evidence" for AGW is exactly like the "evidence" for creationism. When engaging a fanatic, there is nothing that will convince them that there is anything besides absolute proof. The overwhelming fraud, the thousands of failed predictions, the high priest (Aljazeera Gore) selling out to big oil - none of it matters, because the fanatics are not driven by fact.

Oh to be sure, you would LOVE to engage me in minutia of your doctrine, debating the meaning of each verse and why fraud by Michael Mann is actually correct, etc.

Nothing a fanatic loves more than to delve into the tar pit of their sacred dogma.

I don't play that game anymore. What you practice is voodoo, not science. Mann, Hansen, et al. are Shaman, not scientists.

Just more insane nonsense and ignorant denier cult myths from ol' Unhinged. About as meaningful as a fart in a hurricane.

Just more insane nonsense and ignorant denier cult myths from ol' Unhinged. About as meaningful as a fart in a hurricane.

You cult morons are interchangeable with YouWereCreated.

Substitute "Creationism" with "Warming," and your arguments are his arguments.

Mindless fanatics driven by idiotic religious faith in direct contradiction to availible evidence.

The "evidence" for AGW is exactly like the "evidence" for creationism.

They are nothing alike.

When engaging a fanatic, there is nothing that will convince them that there is anything besides absolute proof.

Having a familiarity with the practice of the scientific method, I have never once claimed proof. I am convinced that the evidence for AGW is overwhelming.

The overwhelming fraud, the thousands of failed predictions, the high priest (Aljazeera Gore) selling out to big oil - none of it matters, because the fanatics are not driven by fact.

I've got facts: higher temperatures of air, land and sea, melting ice from pole to pole. Your list is lacking.

I've got some news for you. NO ONE - ABSOLUTELY NO ONE - believes anything BUT the fact that you won't debate because you're scared shitless at the thought; you know full well you have absolutely squat for a case and that any discussion is going to make you look like a complete idiot.

Sheesh, what a maroon.

Researchers claim satellite data proves global warming caused by humans

(Phys.org) —A team of climatologists with members from the U.S., Australia, Canada and Norway is claiming in a paper they've had published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, that they have found proof that global warming is being caused by human influences. They are basing their claims on computer simulations they've run and data obtained from three decades' worth of satellite observations[

Most of the world's scientists agree that our planet is experiencing global warming. Most also generally support the theory that the cause of global warming is due to an increase in greenhouse gasses, primarily carbon dioxide. And while many also support the notion that the increase in greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere is likely due to human emissions, few are willing to go on record claiming that global warming is due directly to human activities. The researchers in this new effort are one such group and they claim they have proof

Read more at: Researchers claim satellite data proves global warming caused by humans

Oh goody! Yet more science fiction!

Ol' Daveboy is one ignorant ass, and determined to stay that way. Absolutely never seen an intelligent post from him. Skooker does better. At least some of the girls in his posts are good looking.

We use computer models for chemical reactions, engineering, aircraft design, weather forecasting, and so many other things. That ignoramouses like Daveboy want to go back to slide rules is simply a reflection of his inability to deal with modern devices. In fact, so much of the 'Conservatives' whining is do to their own deficiences in dealing with good change.

I have to disagree with you just a wee bit. I don't think the problem is an overarching antipathy towards technology and science. His problem is that he has to reject models to argue that AGW is false. I don't know if it's the best way for him to do it, but it IS certainly the easiest.

We don't have to reject the computer models at all. As soon as you have a model that can recreate the weather we had yesterday I will be all ears.

The solution is clear... get rid of humans. Save the planet at any cost.

In the meantime... the U.S. plasters 39 million acres of formerly verdant oxygen-producing and Co2 reducing land with... corn.

Because more corn makes more farmers more wealthy.

Fuck the agriculture industry, for they are fucking us.

I'm for that whether they're responsible or not.

Fine, you lead the way....

Forum List

Back