Republicans would rather default on US debts than raise taxes on billionaires

They are loyal lapdogs aren't they?

Read John W. Dean's book, "Conservatives Without Conscience," if you want some insight on how they think and why they do what they do. It's a real eye opener.

ooooooooooo, I bet a real eye opener.

anyone can write a book. I mean the Obama is supposed to have.:lol:

Anyone can write a book? You mean and get it published, right?

Interesting that Sarah Palin, a communications major in college, actually required a co-auther to write a book.

Obama wrote his own books. That shouldn't surprise anyone since he was the editor of the Harvard Law Review.

John W. Dean is a very respected author with over half a dozen titles to his credit. He's also seen the inner workings of the Nixon WH and the Republican Party. So, he's not just some academic who views events from a distance without any practical knowledge or experience.

It's the second book of his I've read. I'm sure I'll read more of his work.

Your thread title shows how little you really know about billionaires and taxes.

Billionaires don't pay taxes. The don't earn incomes. They live off foundations or interest or trusts.

It's the average Joe that makes about 350,000 that gets screwed and those are many of the people who also create jobs. They are the ones that pay the tax rate of billionaires while only being thousandaires and if you tax them they pay for those taxes by firing people and raising prices.

I'll reiterate the question.

Are we better off that the federal government is eating up 25% of GDP (on its way to 40% if you believe the projections) than when the federal government ate up 20% of GDP?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Beuller?

If people weren't dying in the streets when government ran at 20% of GDP what makes any of you idiots think it needs more than that?

We have given the wealthiest Americans a tax break for ten years. It hasn't worked. The economy tanked and no jobs were created. It was a noble experiment gone bad...all it did was add to our debt while the super wealthy got wealthier

Hasn't it been 12 years now? How many jobs did the Bush tax cuts create? Oh yeah...none.

I would think you know better than that.
Unemployment was at very acceptable and stable numbers for years following the Bush Cuts.

Despite:

1) an increase in the work force
2) decrease of needed head count due to increase in technology...i.e. research departments eliminated by search engines; mailrooms minimized by email; graphiocs departments minimized due to advanced copiers; receptionists minimized by voice mail; customer service minimized by touch tone response
3) the tens thousands of people who hit the job market due to the dot com bubble burst
What planet are you on???
Clinton handed Bush a stable 3.9% UE rate for the whole year of 2000 and Bush handed Obama a 7.6% UE rate that was skyrocketing at the time. Bush doubled the stable Clinton UE and passed a UE that would have doubled again if Obama had not slammed on the brakes.

Your thread title shows how little you really know about billionaires and taxes.

Billionaires don't pay taxes. The don't earn incomes. They live off foundations or interest or trusts.

It's the average Joe that makes about 350,000 that gets screwed and those are many of the people who also create jobs. They are the ones that pay the tax rate of billionaires while only being thousandaires and if you tax them they pay for those taxes by firing people and raising prices.

"Average" Joe's don't make $350,000 a year.

So let's punish them for being above average.

That's why we need a wealth tax instead of an income tax.

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007
RUSH: I've told you before: the income tax is designed to keep people like his [Buffett's] secretary from becoming wealthy! There is no "wealth" tax. So this is a big misnomer. ...
But there's no tax on wealth. There is a tax on income, and the tax on income is designed to keep everybody who is not wealthy from getting there.

I'm talking about genuine wealth, not the way Democrats define "rich."

Oh yeah? How about a rich Liberal like Warren Buffet! No way he avoids paying taxes, amiright?

That's why we need a wealth tax instead of an income tax.

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007
RUSH: I've told you before: the income tax is designed to keep people like his [Buffett's] secretary from becoming wealthy! There is no "wealth" tax. So this is a big misnomer. ...
But there's no tax on wealth. There is a tax on income, and the tax on income is designed to keep everybody who is not wealthy from getting there.

I'm talking about genuine wealth, not the way Democrats define "rich."

"Their pensions go first!" -- Joe Mao Biden on Executive pensions under the Obama Regime

So let's punish them for being above average.

Taxes aren't a punishment.

How much do you tax a billionaire? I believe the IRS code collects taxes on income. The ones that repeat the Obama mantra of taxing millionaires and billionaires are the uninformed loyal lapdogs.

Exactly. You can only tax the dollar, you cannot tax someone due to success. Everyone is entitled to equal protection under the law, and to tax anyone of wealth at a higher rate than any other citizen would violate that equal protection right.
But wealth is not taxed at all. So wouldn't not taxing the wealthy while taxing other citizens also violate the equal protection right???

You people really don't give a shit that it will be YOUR KIDS, YOUR GRANDKIDS that will be paying off this dept because a bunch of idiot politicians couldn't handle our TAX DOLLARS and are now turning on US by suggesting MORE TAXES to help them out the mess they created.

and you say YOU CARE more for people, my ass
When Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II borrowed $12 trillion, including interest, of the $14 trillion from YOUR KIDS, YOUR GRANDKIDS we were told that deficits don't matter, and St Ronnie is a GOD to CON$. Why does only the part of the debt run up by presidents other than the GOP affect our kids and grandkids?

'I don't worry about the deficit. It's big enough to take care of itself.'
Ronald Reagan

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."
Dick Cheney

I don't give a shit about some Bill Sammon.

so you got nothing, but go on and pat yourself on the back thinking you do. who cares.

:lol:What?!?!

Behold the Informed Curious Republican :lol: Only interested in leveling baseless charges instead of informing themselves what is true

Who cares?.... You do

Oh yawn, and you don't know my party affiliation so stop PRETENDING you do.
Now carry on patting yourself on the back. You're boring me.

I said nothing of party affiliation I said you were very informed. Welcome to the information age where you ignore information. What an awesome citizen you are!

Then why doesn't everybody pay them in equal proportion?

Good question...why are companies that make a profit, paying less in taxes than the ACTUAL average Joe AND getting government subsidies?

I'm not sure many people actually understand what "profits" are. Start ups don't make any profits at all, at least not at first.

see, right there, I thought you would answer that question. #disappointed

Dems have offered up trillions in spending cuts....what tax increases on Americas wealthiest have the Republicans offered up?

Hey Republicans...who's your daddy?

We already know

To them, apparently, "shared sacrifice" means the elderly & the poor.

Wheres the welfare recipients and those who never paid a tax in their life or paid into social securities shared sacrifice? I would say it's better to cut the benefits of those who never paid for them rather then those who have. Where is your outrage at the lazy?
So would you be for getting rid of the Bush tax cuts, which doubled the number of people paying no income tax to 47%?
Or are you a good little CON$ervative drone who wants to make the Bush tax cuts permanent so you can permanently whine about 47% of the people paying no income tax???

:lol:What?!?!

Behold the Informed Curious Republican :lol: Only interested in leveling baseless charges instead of informing themselves what is true

Who cares?.... You do

Oh yawn, and you don't know my party affiliation so stop PRETENDING you do.
Now carry on patting yourself on the back. You're boring me.

I said nothing of party affiliation I said you were very informed. Welcome to the information age where you ignore information. What an awesome citizen you are!

oh really?
Behold the Informed Curious Republican

And I take in what information interest me and I find might be useful. Bill Sammon isn't one of them. So now I'm off again cause you bore me.. see ya

To them, apparently, "shared sacrifice" means the elderly & the poor.

Wheres the welfare recipients and those who never paid a tax in their life or paid into social securities shared sacrifice? I would say it's better to cut the benefits of those who never paid for them rather then those who have. Where is your outrage at the lazy?
So would you be for getting rid of the Bush tax cuts, which doubled the number of people paying no income tax to 47%?
Or are you a good little CON$ervative drone who wants to make the Bush tax cuts permanent so you can permanently whine about 47% of the people paying no income tax???

They will whine about the 47% and how that is not FAIR. They will take back the tax cut for the working poor and keep it for billionaires

Forum List

Back