Republicans would rather default on US debts than raise taxes on billionaires

Are we talking about the tax deduction that allows corporations to accelerate the rate of depreciation on some assets, jets included?

Wasn't this put into the Stimulus Bill by Obama?

Is this the same Stimulus bill that was passed without one Republican voting for it?

Yep, Republicans pushed for those and more than half of the Stimulus was tax cuts the repubs wanted but because they must portray Obama as being radical by any means necessary they asked for those tax cuts then didnt vote for there owned proposed cuts

It's like a fat girl ordering cake then when it gets to the table says "Who ordered that,, you KNOW I'm trying to watch my Figure"

Actually....an analogy without YOUR spin.....

It is a like a fat girl ordering a salad and when the salad comes she is told she can only eat the salad if she ALSO eats the ice cream sundae, which she doesnt want....so she opts to pass on the salad....even though she originally wanted it.

Why must you spin to make a point? Are you that insecure with your position?

I'll reiterate the question.

Are we better off that the federal government is eating up 25% of GDP (on its way to 40% if you believe the projections) than when the federal government ate up 20% of GDP?

Anyone?

So we can't pay off $14 trillion in debt by just raising taxes?

What are you a rocket scientist? Meanwhille the Bush/Obama tax cuts are adding an additional $2.5 trillion to our debt. With Republicans celebrating cutting $20 mil from NPR and $50 mil from Planned Parenthood, $2.5 trillion comes in handy

Even Obama admitted that repealing the Bush tax cuts would mostly affect middle class Americans. Only a fool believes that only billionaires are affected by Democrat tax increases. That's just focus group tested propaganda. The Dims determined that repeating "millionaires and billionaires" over and over again plays well with the Oprah Winfrey set, no matter how idiotic and dishonest it actually is.

Lets make a deal....once the debt is paid off, Billionaires can have their tax breaks back. Maybe then they can actually trickle down some jobs

Here's the deal I'm offering: you can have your tax increases when hell freezes over.

We have given the wealthiest Americans a tax break for ten years. It hasn't worked. The economy tanked and no jobs were created. It was a noble experiment gone bad...all it did was add to our debt while the super wealthy got wealthier

Hasn't it been 12 years now? How many jobs did the Bush tax cuts create? Oh yeah...none.

Even Obama admitted that repealing the Bush tax cuts would mostly affect middle class Americans. Only a fool believes that only billionaires are affected by Democrat tax increases. That's just focus group tested propaganda. The Dims determined that repeating "millionaires and billionaires" over and over again plays well with the Oprah Winfrey set, no matter how idiotic and dishonest it actually is.

Here's the deal I'm offering: you can have your tax increases when hell freezes over.

We have given the wealthiest Americans a tax break for ten years. It hasn't worked. The economy tanked and no jobs were created. It was a noble experiment gone bad...all it did was add to our debt while the super wealthy got wealthier

Hasn't it been 12 years now? How many jobs did the Bush tax cuts create? Oh yeah...none.

I would think you know better than that.
Unemployment was at very acceptable and stable numbers for years following the Bush Cuts.

Despite:

1) an increase in the work force
2) decrease of needed head count due to increase in technology...i.e. research departments eliminated by search engines; mailrooms minimized by email; graphiocs departments minimized due to advanced copiers; receptionists minimized by voice mail; customer service minimized by touch tone response
3) the tens thousands of people who hit the job market due to the dot com bubble burst

Democrats would rather starve our seniors who depend on Social Security for food than cut funding to Global Warming Fraud and Union payoffs

Democrats would rather starve our seniors who depend on Social Security for food than cut funding to Global Warming Fraud and Union payoffs

Not on all 57 states

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama

That's going to make a really nice commercial some day real soon

Not on all 57 states

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama

Sure will.....especially when the public blames the Republicans for defaulting on our debt

Good ole Republicans ......always know how to throw taxpayers to the wolves

you do think you're cute, The Democrats have offered up BS and you eat up it just with a fork not a spoon.

Our president has said "Everything is on the table for cuts" It is the Republicans who ran away from the table when the time came to discuss tax increases for billionaires

good grief, I guess you're going for some record of HOW MANY time you can repeat the same shit over and over. I'm bored, see ya.

Shit...you just got owned bitch.

Not on all 57 states

Sure will.....especially when the public blames the Republicans for defaulting on our debt

Good ole Republicans ......always know how to throw taxpayers to the wolves

Why would they do that...?? It's 0bama's job to pass a budget.... And Article 14 guarentees we'll pay our debts before all other payments... Won't be a default...

They are loyal lapdogs aren't they?

No, not really. Just smart enough to know that if we confiscated 100% of their wealth we'd net less than $1 trillion.

We know a red herring when we see one. Ciao!
The top 1% possess 40% of the $56 trillion of this great country's wealth.
Only in CON$ervative fuzzy math is 40% of $56 trillion equal to $1 trillion. :cuckoo:

We know a completely brainwashed herring when we see one. Ciao!

Forum List

Back