Republicans would rather default on US debts than raise taxes on billionaires

eat-more-chikin.jpeg

Replace the Cows with Rich Guys and change the topic to raising taxes.

So we can't pay off $14 trillion in debt by just raising taxes?

What are you a rocket scientist? Meanwhille the Bush/Obama tax cuts are adding an additional $2.5 trillion to our debt. With Republicans celebrating cutting $20 mil from NPR and $50 mil from Planned Parenthood, $2.5 trillion comes in handy

Even Obama admitted that repealing the Bush tax cuts would mostly affect middle class Americans. Only a fool believes that only billionaires are affected by Democrat tax increases. That's just focus group tested propaganda. The Dims determined that repeating "millionaires and billionaires" over and over again plays well with the Oprah Winfrey set, no matter how idiotic and dishonest it actually is.

Lets make a deal....once the debt is paid off, Billionaires can have their tax breaks back. Maybe then they can actually trickle down some jobs

Here's the deal I'm offering: you can have your tax increases when hell freezes over.

We have given the wealthiest Americans a tax break for ten years. It hasn't worked. The economy tanked and no jobs were created. It was a noble experiment gone bad...all it did was add to our debt while the super wealthy got wealthier

I disagree....

It worked extremely well.

During that time (and before the recession)...

Population increased meaning more in the workforce

Technological advances gave corporations reasons to NOT to have to hire as many people
(i.e.......voice mail replaces swtchboard staffs; boolean search engines replaced research departments; emial replaced large mailrooms, advanced copiers replaced graphics departments; dial response replaced slews of customer service people...

Yet unemployment remained at a very acceptable rate.

There was not an increase but every reason for a decrease in employment ratios...yet there werent

Heard the markets aren't stagnant because of possible taxes, but because the Republicans don't appear to be serious about decreasing the debt. They've painted themselves into a corner and now they're going to OWN anything bad that comes of it. Everyone knows we're not going to get out of this situation by cutting costs alone!!! Who are they trying to fool?

They are trying to fool no one.

Whether you agree or not, the GOP beleives that raising taxes on those that create the jobs will stymie job growth at a time when we deperately need job growth.

So they are pushing alternative ideas.

Sure...raising taxes is a no brainer to minimize the debt......

But to do it when unemployment is at 9.2%?

THAT is the real debate....not the spin that the GOP isnt interested in minimizing the debt.

That is pure BS and gets us no where.

We didn't let the Bush cuts expire and the Reps have been blocking the closing of loopholes, so where are the jobs? Anyone on Wall Street will tell you that defaulting will do more to hurt the job picture than closing a few loopholes. We shouldn't be held hostage by people who tie there own hands by signing a ridiculous pledge that equates closing egregious loopholes with the raising of rates. This is not amateur hour, but that's who'd be running things, if the Tea Partiers don't start using their brains..

Heard the markets aren't stagnant because of possible taxes, but because the Republicans don't appear to be serious about decreasing the debt. They've painted themselves into a corner and now they're going to OWN anything bad that comes of it. Everyone knows we're not going to get out of this situation by cutting costs alone!!! Who are they trying to fool?

Whether you agree or not, the GOP beleives that raising taxes on those that create the jobs will stymie job growth at a time when we deperately need job growth.

THAT is the real debate....not the spin that the GOP isnt interested in minimizing the debt.

But doesn't slashing Government spending also add to unemplyment? If we are interested in creating jobs, none of this debt reduction is going to help. Cut the number of Government jobs and unemployment will go up, cut Government procurement and unemployment goes up, cut the amount of money the Govt adds to the economy (SS and Medicare) and unemployment will go up

We have to cut debt because it is the right thing to do. It will involve sacrifice by everyone and additional unemployment is one of those sacrifices

But doesn't slashing Government spending also add to unemplyment? If we are interested in creating jobs, none of this debt reduction is going to help. Cut the number of Government jobs and unemployment will go up, cut Government procurement and unemployment goes up, cut the amount of money the Govt adds to the economy (SS and Medicare) and unemployment will go up

We have to cut debt because it is the right thing to do. It will involve sacrifice by everyone and additional unemployment is one of those sacrifices

it is not an issue of sacrifice.
Yes...cutting spending will cut jobs in the government....buy to ALSO rsik NOT giving those government employees a place to go in the private sector will dramativally add to the unemployment issue that we have right now.

Look...as I said...in a normal economy, raising taxes is a no brainer.

But right now? Unemployment at 9.2% AND the liklihood of thousands of government employees hitting the unemployment ranks......increasing taxes on the only ones that MAY create jobs is a dangerous move.

WTF? so I don't WATCH Fox news. gawd you people and your gottchas

Funny, you dont read either. Bill Sammon talking points google it

....Gottcha!?!?:lol:

I don't give a shit about some Bill Sammon.

so you got nothing, but go on and pat yourself on the back thinking you do. who cares.

:lol:What?!?!

Behold the Informed Curious Republican :lol: Only interested in leveling baseless charges instead of informing themselves what is true

Who cares?.... You do

Even Obama admitted that repealing the Bush tax cuts would mostly affect middle class Americans. Only a fool believes that only billionaires are affected by Democrat tax increases. That's just focus group tested propaganda. The Dims determined that repeating "millionaires and billionaires" over and over again plays well with the Oprah Winfrey set, no matter how idiotic and dishonest it actually is.

Here's the deal I'm offering: you can have your tax increases when hell freezes over.

We have given the wealthiest Americans a tax break for ten years. It hasn't worked. The economy tanked and no jobs were created. It was a noble experiment gone bad...all it did was add to our debt while the super wealthy got wealthier

I disagree....

Technological advances gave corporations reasons to NOT to have to hire as many people
(i.e.......voice mail replaces swtchboard staffs; boolean search engines replaced research departments; emial replaced large mailrooms, advanced copiers replaced graphics departments; dial response replaced slews of customer service people...

There was not an increase but every reason for a decrease in employment ratios...yet there werent

You forgot technological advances like ATMs and Airport ticket kiosks......the Right raked Obama over the coalson that one

Funny, you dont read either. Bill Sammon talking points google it

....Gottcha!?!?:lol:

I don't give a shit about some Bill Sammon.

so you got nothing, but go on and pat yourself on the back thinking you do. who cares.

:lol:What?!?!

Behold the Informed Curious Republican :lol: Only interested in leveling baseless charges instead of informing themselves what is true

Who cares?.... You do

Oh yawn, and you don't know my party affiliation so stop PRETENDING you do.
Now carry on patting yourself on the back. You're boring me.

I disagree....

You forgot technological advances like ATMs and Airport ticket kiosks......the Right raked Obama over the coalson that one

Pahleeeeese....

The right (myself included) rakes Obama over the coals about everything.

Just as the left rakes GOPers over the coals for everything.

Such is politics.

They are loyal lapdogs aren't they?

Man your clueless and highly dishonest. They would rather force a default, then have spending remain at status quo. I don't know how many times the left can be told we don't have a revenue problem we have a spending problem.

People like you want to make America less competitve. Why not think of ways to make America more competitive?

And it not billionaires, they are setting the mark at $250K. Hardly a billionaire!

Only the worst kind of morons believe that cutting taxes caused the economy to tank. Even children understand that was the result of the government forcing lenders to give mortgages to deadbeats.

Here's the Democrat propaganda strategy:

Take whatever makes the public unhappy and blame it on Republican policies, regardless of whether there is any credible relationship.

Jobs won't be coming until there is confidence in this nation. That won't happen until we have an administration change. Go ahead and raise the taxes on the top 3% and lower the defecit by 4 trillion, pass the balance budget act.

Lapdogs indeed.

The Communist Manifesto is Clear:

1- The proletariat has the right to steal the billionaires property by any means

2- Under no circumstances will the government demand that the proletariat cease and desist parasitism. No siree.

Karl Marx
Founding Father

Are we talking about the tax deduction that allows corporations to accelerate the rate of depreciation on some assets, jets included?

Wasn't this put into the Stimulus Bill by Obama?

Is this the same Stimulus bill that was passed without one Republican voting for it?

Only the worst kind of morons believe that cutting taxes caused the economy to tank. Even children understand that was the result of the government forcing lenders to give mortgages to deadbeats.

Here's the Democrat propaganda strategy:

Take whatever makes the public unhappy and blame it on Republican policies, regardless of whether there is any credible relationship.

That just added to a typical, cyclical recession due to market saturation.

The recession had nothing to do with policy.....but it was exasperrated by the government forcing baks to show "equality" in their lending practices....which was noble and warranted by the government...but not well thought out.

Banks NEVER cared about race as it pertained to lending. All they cared about was financial security and personal stability in a borrower.

Are we talking about the tax deduction that allows corporations to accelerate the rate of depreciation on some assets, jets included?

Wasn't this put into the Stimulus Bill by Obama?

Is this the same Stimulus bill that was passed without one Republican voting for it?

Yep, Republicans pushed for those and more than half of the Stimulus was tax cuts the repubs wanted but because they must portray Obama as being radical by any means necessary they asked for those tax cuts then didnt vote for there owned proposed cuts

It's like a fat girl ordering cake then when it gets to the table says "Who ordered that,, you KNOW I'm trying to watch my Figure"

Obama does just fine looking like a radical. He doesn't need any help from us.

Man your clueless and highly dishonest. They would rather force a default, then have spending remain at status quo. I don't know how many times the left can be told we don't have a revenue problem we have a spending problem.

People like you want to make America less competitve. Why not think of ways to make America more competitive?

And it not billionaires, they are setting the mark at $250K. Hardly a billionaire!

They know what the problem is... it's the failed Nanny State. And it is killing them... it's over, and they know it.

Forum List

Back