Republicans Win "Lie Of The Year" Two Years Running!

Affrayer

Dec 16, 2010
GOP’s central attack on health reform wins PolitiFact ‘Lie of the Year’

The phrase "government takeover of health care," coined by Republican strategist Frank Luntz early in 2009, was named "Lie of the Year" by the respected fact-checking website run by the St. Petersburg Times.

It simply wasn't true but that didn't stop the right wingers from doing what they do so well, lie!

Last years winner was Sarah Palin and her lie about "Death Panels." Not only weren't there death panels in Obama's health care reform but the only death panels that do exist trace directly back to republican politicians.

But I got to know, where you and are you still so stupid that you believed and continue to believe the right wingers?

Here's another spectacular lie by republicans.

Graham: I Was Forced To ‘Ignore’ START, Because Other ‘Major Issues’ Were ‘Wearing On The Body’

Last night on the Senate floor, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) complained that it had been a “week from hell” due to having to work on “big issues.” He then grumbled that he had been too busy “stopping some bad ideas” and therefore had no time “to think about START.” Nevermind that the New START treaty was completed in April, giving Graham and his staff eight months to “think about” the treaty.

Maybe Graham can win an award for "glib" lies.

images

Government run health care is exactly that! It's un-American, costly, unconstitutional and should end with the death of the Democrat Party.

Good read- Patterico's place, Karl takes Politifact to the cleaners

Let’s start with the straw man that “a ‘government takeover’ conjures a European approach where the government owns the hospitals and the doctors are public employees.” By this measure, there has been no government takeover of healthcare in countries like France or Switzerland. Even in England, most doctors, dentists, optometrists and other providers of local healthcare are self-employed, and contract their services back to the NHS. If PolitiFact wants to invoke the “European approach” to healthcare, it might help if they could accurately describe it. ...The point here is not that PolitiFact’s claim is a lie, or that PolitiFact is biased (although the latter is fairly obvious). Rather, the point is that the question of whether ObamaCare is a government takeover of the healthcare system is one of political opinion, not a simple question of fact.

There are posts which are so fraught with preposterous assumptions, false givens and distortions of word meanings that responding to them coherently is nearly impossible.

This is one of those.

Government takeover of health care?

Where?

There are posts which are so fraught with preposterous assumptions, false givens and distortions of word meanings that responding to them coherently is nearly impossible.

This is one of those.

Where?

Where isnt it? The law effects many things, even your choice to participate.

You lose.

This is one of those.

Where?

When you change the rules to put private insurance companies out of business it becomes a takeover down the road. Rule changes that everyone in the business knows will render them insolvent inside of two years as a matter of fact. Requiring that 85% of their cash on hand be locked in to pay benefits not expenses. Removing pre-existing conditions. Little things like this will first raise the costs of health care, which Democrats are now admitting, and put private providers out of business and usher in Single-payer health care. I thought they said they would lower costs, not raise them. Well I guess they lied, didn't they?

This all has been debated till we're blue in the face yet you still can't get it in your head. When the government (most of which has not successfully run a business in it's history) starts telling companies how to run their businesses, this in effect has set the stage for a takeover.

Last edited:
Government run health care is exactly that! It's un-American, costly, unconstitutional and should end with the death of the Democrat Party.

If you don't like government health care-do us taxpayers a favor and don't collect medicare or medicaid. Thanks!

If you don't like government health care-do us taxpayers a favor and don't collect medicare or medicaid. Thanks!

Coming from one of the folks that put the Duh in Florida.

First of all, many of us don't collect medicare and most of us don't collect medicaid....yet we still get a huge chunk taken out of our paychecks to pay for it.

Maybe all of us who don't want to collect medicare could just stop the government from forcibly taking cash out. I'd go for that.

Coming from one of the folks that put the Duh in Florida.

First of all, many of us don't collect medicare and most of us don't collect medicaid....yet we still get a huge chunk taken out of our paychecks to pay for it.

Maybe all of us who don't want to collect medicare could just stop the government from forcibly taking cash out. I'd go for that.

I actually agree with you, and like this idea (on this site people tend to lump others as dem/lib or rep/con, and I'm neither).

But if you stop paying for it-then you can't collect it later on in life. If that was a proposal I would absolutely support that. However you get a lot of people whining about government health care-then they collect government health care.

Why are people forced to pay into a system and then criticized for using it? Damned stupid argument.

This is one of those.

Where?

In the bill. You WILL BUY insurance.... government forcing citizens to buy a product or service is unconstitutional. But.... we know why they're doing it... because it will be unsustainable... and the 'fix' will be 'universal healthcare'. Hey presto.... government take over. It's not a lie, it's a prediction. We have to wait and see.

Because they want to keep others from collecting it after paying in.

Quit your caviling you silly cons and put yout priciples where your healthcare is.

Why are people forced to pay into a system and then criticized for using it? Damned stupid argument.

Because actions speak louder than words. It's hypocritical to critic something, and say how bad it is-then to benefit from it. Oh and I don't think you even bothered to read my post right above this one.

Because actions speak louder than words. It's hypocritical to critic something, and say how bad it is-then to benefit from it. Oh and I don't think you even bothered to read my post right above this one.

LOL So you are going to refuse your paycheck because it isnt what you expected.

What dream world is that?

Forum List

Back