Wikileaks kicks Michael Moore in the nads.

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
gutsbird-1.jpg

Ya know, irony can be pretty ironic sometimes. :lol:

Moore: Hey, Cuba loved my movie! Hot Air

Michael Moore erupts in indignation today at Huffington Post over the reporting of a diplomatic cable released by Wikileaks that stated that Cuba had banned his film Sicko for its fantasy portrayal of the Cuban health-care system. Moore blasts the Guardian and other news agencies for releasing the contents of the message without checking to see whether it was actually true or not. Moore says that the Cuban government actually broadcast his film nationally four months after the message was apparently written, and had been praising it for months prior to that:

Via Huffing and Puffing (link available at HA):

Sounds convincing, eh?! There’s only one problem — the entire nation of Cuba was shown the film on national television on April 25, 2008! The Cubans embraced the film so much so it became one of those rare American movies that received a theatrical distribution in Cuba. I personally ensured that a 35mm print got to the Film Institute in Havana. Screenings of ‘Sicko’ were set up in towns all across the country. …

So what do you do with about a false “secret” cable, especially one that involves you and your movie? Well, you wait for a responsible newspaper to investigate and shout what it discovers from the rooftops.

But yesterday WikiLeaks gave the ‘Sicko’ Cuba cable to the media — and what did they do with it? They ran it as if it were true! Here’s the headline in the Guardian:

WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting ‘mythical’ healthcare system

Authorities feared footage of gleaming hospital in Michael Moore’s Oscar-nominated film would provoke a popular backlash

And not one scintilla of digging to see if Cuba had actually banned the movie! In fact, just the opposite. The right wing press started to have a field day reporting a lie (Andy Levy of Fox – twice– Reason Magazine and Hot Air, plus a slew of blogs). Sadly, even BoingBoing and my friends at theNation wrote about it without skepticism. So here you have WikiLeaks, who have put themselves on the line to find and release these cables to the press — and traditional journalists are once again just too lazy to lift a finger, point and click their mouse to log into Nexis or search via Google, and look to see if Cuba really did “ban the film.”

Back to HA's Ed Morrissey:

Aw … you mean that journalists shouldn’t just release every piece information fed to them by leakers? That some diplomatic cables, when released indiscriminately, could result in unwarranted damage to reputations? That raw, confidential intelligence can sometimes be flat-out wrong? You don’t say!

You know who Moore should discuss this with, when he gets the chance? Julian Assange, and the rest of Assange’s apologists who have been insisting that Assange has been telling Truth to Power, and that he’s acting as a journalist in an era of radical transparency. After all, Moore just paid $20,000 to help bail out the man who published all of these cables, including the Sicko report that apparently was incorrect. Assange isn’t a journalist; he’s no better than a fence peddling stolen materials.

Now that Assange supporter Moore has learned that first-hand, he can dial back the sanctimony a bit, too.

As to the very last sentence, don't count on it. :lol:

Here is a link to the Guardian, including an update with Moore's claim that his movie was not in fact banned in Cuba.

WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system | World news | guardian.co.uk

Also a HA update from the link in the OP...

Update: There were reports over the last few years (preceding the Wikileaks release) of a ban in Cuba for Sicko. They could very well be incorrect, too, but contra Moore’s claim, a Google on Cuba and the film produces those results as well (date range: 6/2007 – 6/2010).

Google link...
Cuba ban Sicko 2007 - Google Search

Assange is a liar, and... as more and more of his bullshit becomes public... those who supported him are gonna be seriously embarrassed.

The rest of us will laugh at them for being such a bunch of fucking suckers.

Even more entertaining, he's got a leak in wikileaks. One of his colleagues is talking to the media... and it ain't pretty... for Assange, at least. For those of us who view him as the hack that he is, it's really funny.

Assange is nothing more than an opportunistic hack. He lied about wikileaks being the first to publish the climategate emails. They were published by climate related websites in Canada and the US before wikileaks got hold of them, yet Assange continues to lie about that... and, at his press conference, claimed that he was "morally torn" about publishing them.

His reputation within the media itself is trash. Actual, real, qualified journalists despise his lack of ethics, his bullyboy tactics and the way he does business with legitimate media. The journalists at the Guardian - who have had first access to much of the material - say he is unprofessional, dictatorial and are refusing to deal with him any further.

A whistleblower within Wikileaks claims that he is despised by his colleagues, they say he takes credit for other people's work, bullies his staff and one of them has written a book.

It seems that reality is gonna bite Assange in the ass.

This amuses me.

Thanks!

It is fun, huh? I bet they'll claim it's all a dirty tricks campaign by the CIA!

And, speaking of the CIA, the two women at the center of the current allegations in Sweden have both come forward to confirm that there is no CIA plot. The whole thing became an issue because he had unprotected sex with them and refused an HIV test. If he'd had the test, there would have been no charges. Arrogant little tosser.

It is too funny and I'm a fan of irony when it slaps liars like Moore square in the mouth. However just to be clear: "Assange isn’t a journalist; he’s no better than a fence peddling stolen materials". Moore seems to be directing his ire at the media, including his so-called friends at the Guardian and The Nation. When you distribute stolen goods... buyer beware, those goods could be broken (or in this case perhaps false).

As to weather or not the film was "banned in Cuba", my guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle. It's likely Sicko was seem in some parts of Cuba and banned in others where it might not have flown over so well. After all Sicko was propaganda that may have been useful among Castro loyalist types but hurtful elsewhere in Cuba among those who suffer the real fate of Cuban health care.

Cuba is world famous for locking up journalist and quashing free speech in all it's forms. Because of that fact, it's likely impossible to ever no the full truth of the wikileaks claim. We can make a good educated guess as to Moore's, lol.

It is too funny and I'm a fan of irony when it slaps liars like Moore square in the mouth. However just to be clear: "Assange isn’t a journalist; he’s no better than a fence peddling stolen materials". Moore seems to be directing his ire at the media, including his so-called friends at the Guardian and The Nation. When you distribute stolen goods... buyer beware, those goods could be broken (or in this case perhaps false).

As to weather or not the film was "banned in Cuba", my guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle. It's likely Sicko was seem in some parts of Cuba and banned in others where it might not have flown over so well. After all Sicko was propaganda that may have been useful among Castro loyalist types but hurtful elsewhere in Cuba among those who suffer the real fate of Cuban health care.

Cuba is world famous for locking up journalist and quashing free speech in all it's forms. Because of that fact, it's likely impossible to ever no the full truth of the wikileaks claim. We can make a good educated guess as to Moore's, lol.

One of his really big fuck ups... besides stealing information from the US government... has been to treat the media with disdain. He forgot which one is the dog and which the tail. The media bites people who dis them... and he dissed them.

This is gonna get really fun to watch.

It is too funny and I'm a fan of irony when it slaps liars like Moore square in the mouth. However just to be clear: "Assange isn&#8217;t a journalist; he&#8217;s no better than a fence peddling stolen materials". Moore seems to be directing his ire at the media, including his so-called friends at the Guardian and The Nation. When you distribute stolen goods... buyer beware, those goods could be broken (or in this case perhaps false).

One of his really big fuck ups... besides stealing information from the US government... has been to treat the media with disdain. He forgot which one is the dog and which the tail. The media bites people who dis them... and he dissed them.

That's as well as I've read it put anywhere in the media universe.

Big Hollywood has it's usual thoughtful take on the issue with links galore.

Whether or not this is true, we don&#8217;t know &#8212; at least for now. (Rumors about &#8220;Sicko&#8221; being banned in Cuba aren&#8217;t anything new. Lacking the sex appeal of Wikileaks, they just weren&#8217;t given much attention until now.)

But the result is that for the second day in a row, Micheal Moore is over at the HuffPo playing Wikileaks&#8217; defense, claiming the leaked &#8220;Sicko&#8221; cable was nothing more than Cuba telling the world what it wanted to hear(hmm) and that &#8220;Sicko&#8221; was in fact broadcast on Cuban television. But Moore&#8217;s mouth is moving, so who knows. When it comes to truthfulness, asking us to choose between Michael Moore and a murderous Communist government is asking too much.

While the irony here is is so obvious one need not point it out, I&#8217;m still going to. Moore bailed this scumbag out of jail, hailed him as some sort of brave truth teller and now Moore&#8217;s the one whose reputation is taking a harsher beating than anyone in the American government he so despises. It&#8217;s Michael Moore who&#8217;s having to explain himself, not the NSA or CIA.

And this just one day after Moore was forced to again hit the HuffPo in a desperate attempt to talk his way out of that hearty helping of rape apologia he cooked up for his hero Assange in what was such a disastrous appearance on &#8220;Countdown&#8221; for both Moore and his host that Keith Olbermann&#8217;s been forced to suspend his Twitter account to avoid the only kind of outrage the former sportscaster can&#8217;t deal with &#8212; outrage from his own supporters

I agree with John Nolte when he says there just isn't enough popcorn in the world.

On edit:

Sorry, I forgot the link...

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...ations-nightmare-brought-to-you-by-wikileaks/

Last edited:

Assange Worried About US Authorities

If what I'm hearing is accurate... he has a lot to be worried about.

If what I'm hearing is accurate... he has a lot to be worried about.

As he should.

Michael Moore, Julian Assange, Keith Olbermann, HuffPo, and the Cuban government ban together to get to the bottom of all this...

teamwork.jpg

Forum List

Back