Republicans turn up voter suppression efforts

Nice try, but even the Supreme Court ruled against you.

BS, there are investigations ongoing in 11 different states...

The Ohio Secretary of State doesn't have to enforce the federal election law that was the ruling, spambot. Not that there wasn't voter fraud being committed.:eusa_whistle:

In Florida, election officials found that 75 percent of about 20,000 voter registration applications from a three-week period in September were mismatched due to typographical and administrative errors. Florida's Republican secretary of state ordered the computer match system implemented in early September.

In Wisconsin, Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen sued the state's election board after it voted against a proposal to implement a "no-match" policy. The board conducted an audit of its voter rolls and found a 22 percent match failure rate -- including for four of the six members of the board.

The Brennan Center has also documented cases across the country of possible illegal purging, impediments to college student voting and difficulties accessing voter registration.

A lawsuit has been filed over Georgia's mismatch system, and the state is also under fire for requesting Social Security records for verification checks on about 2 million voters -- more requests than any other state.

One of the lawyers involved in the lawsuit says Georgia is violating a federal law that prohibits widespread voter purges within 90 days of the election, arguing that the letters were sent out too close to the election date.

Some voters 'purged' from voter rolls - CNN.com

Would you check the board before repeating your leftwingnut, KoolAid drinking spew? This thread already exists.

BS, there are investigations ongoing in 11 different states...

The Ohio Secretary of State doesn't have to enforce the federal election law that was the ruling, spambot. Not that there wasn't voter fraud being committed.:eusa_whistle:
i think its up to 15 or 17 now

you should have kept the "pure Crap" forum for chris/kirk posts

I'm getting tired of the leftwingnut spew on this board. It's like if they say it enough times it'll come true.

Odd they don't mention Gore trying to have write-in military abesentee votes suppressed in Duval county FL in 2000 because he KNEW who those votes would be for.

Or the dual registered voters in both NYC and Miami.

You have to be a real moron to believe only one side is trying to get the other sides votes suppressed.

But then I look at the usual suspects hanging off the chriskirk bandwagon and don't know why I should expect better.

I'm getting tired of the leftwingnut spew on this board. It's like if they say it enough times it'll come true.

Odd they don't mention Gore trying to have write-in military abesentee votes suppressed in Duval county FL in 2000 because he KNEW who those votes would be for.

Or the dual registered voters in both NYC and Miami.

You have to be a real moron to believe only one side is trying to get the other sides votes suppressed.

But then I look at the usual suspects hanging off the chriskirk bandwagon and don't know why I should expect better.

How many threads have there been about the non story Bill Ayers? 100? 200?

Voter suppression is a BIG issue that effects hundreds of thousands of voters.

Much bigger than "voter fraud."

And for the record the suppression of military votes is wrong.

uh, its not a non-story

i know you WISH it was

Republican voter suppression is a proud tradition. It continues today.

I urge everyone to read the link and not believe jreeves lies.

Good, I hope all the democrats are suppressed so Obama loses.

Nice try, but even the Supreme Court ruled against you.

a supreme court dominated by.....

republicans.

the same supreme court that stole the 2000 election, except now they are more republican?

consistency?

Not even close, junior. I don't how big an issue you consider voter suppression to be. It doesn't require more than one thread to discuss. Cleaning up the forums after you folk that think any propaganda you like should be repeated as often as possible is getting old.

Not even close, junior. I don't how big an issue you consider voter suppression to be. It doesn't require more than one thread to discuss. Cleaning up the forums after you folk that think any propaganda you like should be repeated as often as possible is getting old.

Voter suppression is an ongoing story.

Example....first the Republicans tried to suppress 200,000 votes in Ohio. Then the Supreme Court ruled against them. Now Bush is trying to get the Justice Department into the case. Who knows what's next? The story is evolving and I will continue to report on it as it changes.

"In Wisconsin, Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen sued the state's election board after it voted against a proposal to implement a "no-match" policy. The board conducted an audit of its voter rolls and found a 22 percent match failure rate -- including for four of the six members of the board."

Again, kirkybot.... verification is not suppression

Throwing out votes because the middle initial is missing or there is a slight discrepency is not "verification."

Military votes in Va. are being counted inspite of ballots not filled out correctly. Why? Because it's the right thing to do.

Glad to know you are in favor of not allowing our brave servicemen to vote.

Also it is not suppression if the person does not obligate their duty to fill out their forms correctly and double check when the voter card or ballot is given to them...

But nice try again kirkybot... you'll just keep spouting off your inane and partisan blather

It is not about whether they are a service person, a bum, a CEO, a McDonalds manager, a housewife, a mechanic, black, white, Asian, Eskimo, male, female, transgendered, or whatever else..... though you would like it to be in some attempt to advance your agenda

Also it is not suppression if the person does not obligate their duty to fill out their forms correctly and double check when the voter card or ballot is given to them...

But nice try again kirkybot... you'll just keep spouting off your inane and partisan blather

It is not about whether they are a service person, a bum, a CEO, a McDonalds manager, a housewife, a mechanic, black, white, Asian, Eskimo, male, female, transgendered, or whatever else..... though you would like it to be in some attempt to advance your agenda

Glad you agree with me.

A small typo or paperwork error should not be enough to keep our servicemen or any other voter from voting.

Glad you agree with me.

A small typo or paperwork error is not enough to keep our servicemen or any other voter from voting.

Not what I said kirkybot... but nice fucking try, moron

If things are not filled out properly... you best double check and go thru the correction process.. because if it is still not proper in the registration when it is time for you to vote... too bad, too sad....

You don't get credit on a test either if you forgot to fill in an answer, even if you pout to the teacher that you MEANT to fill it in with the right answer

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Not what I said kirkybot... but nice fucking try, moron

If things are not filled out properly... you best double check and go thru the correction process.. because if it is still not proper in the registration when it is time for you to vote... too bad, too sad....

You don't get credit on a test either if you forgot to fill in an answer, even if you pout to the teacher that you MEANT to fill it in with the right answer

We have to disagree.

Leaving out one's middle initial or a slight typo on some list somewhere is not verification, it's suppression.

and yet, even this year, the Dems disenfranchised voters in Michigan & Florida during the primary.....

Forum List

Back