Republicans set to just say no to jobs bill

What's the incentive to hire when there's no work for the new employee, numbnuts?

The better question is where are the private investors boosting small business so that they CAN hire? If a company has a saleable product, but no money to hire new people to expand, then there's something wrong with the PRIVATE SECTOR.

In my own "private little world" I see several small businesses in my small city who are ready to move back into production and are willing to risk hiring more people to do it. They also have the backing of larger publically traded companies who would, in fact, buy those products but they have been back-ordered due to layoffs and a hiring freeze. Now the smaller businesses can see light at the end of the tunnel and will start hiring again. Supply and demand. What a concept!
You obviously have ZERO idea how small business works.....The vast majority have no outside investors.

Right now, the bulk of them are holding their cards until they have some idea of the outcome of the overreaching job killing crap coming from the District of Criminals.

The only thing those arrogant know-nothings haven't tried is what has been shown to work every time it is tried....That being sit down, shut up and get the hell out of the way.

Ame®icano;2037750 said:
What's the incentive to hire when there's no work for the new employee, numbnuts?

Of course if there is NO WORK nobody is going to hire numbnuts

However, with many sectors of the economy coming back, this bill provides an incentive for small businesses to pull the trigger on new hires sooner than they may have

Name some.

Maybe if you stopped looking at only negative information, you'd know that there IS optimism among small business owners. If you want a list, find it yourself. You and your ilk always expect us to do the legwork for you, and even when we do, you dismiss it anyway.

Survey results show small businesses are getting ready to hire | AccountingWEB.com

However, with many sectors of the economy coming back, this bill provides an incentive for small businesses to pull the trigger on new hires sooner than they may have
The only incentive to hire is production exceeding present capacity....Which isn't happening.

Tossing in a puny little tax credit for people who aren't producing more, is nothing more than an ounce of image to distract from the ten tons of pure pork in the bill.

Still waiting for you to point out the "pork." If you're talking about the larger House bill, that hasn't even gone to the Senate yet, but I still want to see you link the "pork." The one just passed a few hours ago is one designed for immediate results. And there is no pork in it.

The proposed bill which won the cloture vote yesterday, is all about helping small businesses. Why are Republicans already against it, with the exception of five brave ones?

S.A. 3310, the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act

Yada yada yada ... the jobs were promised over a year ago. Now we need Federal legislation to invent jobs so we can get some lipstick on that pig, huh?

Now Gunny, you should know there's a difference. Those were 'stimulus' jobs. These are just jobs. Honestly, I thought that would be clear to..... to....... to...... mmmmm. Yea, I see your point.

Oh wait, I got.... The 'stimulus' jobs were to expand the public sector and drag us deeper into the abyss of debt. Now we can throw a few bucks at the private sector so they can hire a few low paid workers. Damn, those dudes in DC are real smart. That'll save the economy..... not.

The only incentive to hire is production exceeding present capacity....Which isn't happening.

Tossing in a puny little tax credit for people who aren't producing more, is nothing more than an ounce of image to distract from the ten tons of pure pork in the bill.

Still waiting for you to point out the "pork." If you're talking about the larger House bill, that hasn't even gone to the Senate yet, but I still want to see you link the "pork." The one just passed a few hours ago is one designed for immediate results. And there is no pork in it.
Everything having to do with urban mass transit schemes, which is the bulk of the spending in the bill, is pork, fool.

Ame®icano;2037957 said:
Ame®icano;2037750 said:
Name some.

How jobs growth forecast was done - USATODAY.com

Construction
Education
Financial
Information
National resources

Maybe you should double check before you post it.

Growth forecasts are up.

Actual growth is down.

Duh... why do you think the jobs bill was passed? Unfuckingbelievable that you people STILL want 100% improvement in a snap. OF COURSE job grown has been "down."

You know what's funny about all this (or it would be if it wasn't so fucking sad)... is that by passing yet another stimulus bill, these yahoos are as much as admitting that they wasted the last one. That was 862 BILLION folks, and that's before adding interest. :eek:

Ame®icano;2038318 said:
Economist Mark Zandi Says More Jobs Are On The Way as the Economy Rebounds in Nation's Heartland - ABC News

Then, according to Zandi, the next places that will see a renaissance in jobs are technology centers like Boston, San Francisco and Seattle.

At the end of next year, he said we will even start to see new jobs in the retail, leisure and hospitality industries as consumer spending and business travel rebound.

Beyond that region, Zandi said, other states can expect good news soon. Ohio, South Carolina and Indiana will all start to see more jobs soon, he said, thanks to an uptick in manufacturing that is already helping those states pull out of the recession.

Soon.

He can keep saying soon... and claim he was right sometimes in year 20... 15?

In the mean time we'll have couple of new stimuluses, job bills and $20 trillion of debt.

Great acheivemnets. Soon.

Why are you so negative? Are you one of those who is hoping that the jobs don't return, that the economy fails, that there might be bread lines just so you can say Obama did it?

Your kind make me sick.

Republicans set to just say no to jobs bill

Of course Republicans say no to jobs bill. They don't want to work. Would you if you looked like this:

Could you please provide evidence that the so called jobs bill actually creates jobs? Can you provide evidence where the person in the picture you posted doesnt have a job or has something to be ashamed of because you dont like what he looks like?

Could you provide evidence that you have any connection with reality?

Actually, I was watching Morning Joe this morning and he and his guests all said this bill was basically 15 billion in TAX CUTS to small business. He said that Republicans are making a big mistake not supporting such a bill. He said if the Democrats wanted to make it really hard for Republicans, they could submit such a bill every month and if the Republicans voted against every single one, it would destroy any chances for winning upcoming elections.

Joe Scarborough is hardly a liberal.

What's the point of borrowing more billions of dollars to create jobs. The problem in Washington is a president and congress that are not listening to us thus more and more businesses do not trust them to do the right thing. They're cutting the fat and holding back on expansion because there is no trust in government and those who are in charge,.....it's as simple as that..

A jobs bill won't improve the situation one iota. Congress and President Obama need to change their attitudes before any improvement will be realized.

They aren't borrowing more money. Some of it will come from TARP funds and some of the transportation incentives from stimulus funds designated for transportation.

The proposed bill which won the cloture vote yesterday, is all about helping small businesses. Why are Republicans already against it, with the exception of five brave ones?

Yada yada yada ... the jobs were promised over a year ago. Now we need Federal legislation to invent jobs so we can get some lipstick on that pig, huh?

This one does not create jobs; it gives tax incentives for existing businesses to better enable them to start hiring. A no-fucking-brainer.

This one does not create jobs; it gives tax incentives for existing businesses to better enable them to start hiring. A no-fucking-brainer.

The last one wasn't exactly a storming success in the 'creating jobs' box. I find myself questioning who exactly has this 'no-fucking-brain'.

The better question is where are the private investors boosting small business so that they CAN hire? If a company has a saleable product, but no money to hire new people to expand, then there's something wrong with the PRIVATE SECTOR.

In my own "private little world" I see several small businesses in my small city who are ready to move back into production and are willing to risk hiring more people to do it. They also have the backing of larger publically traded companies who would, in fact, buy those products but they have been back-ordered due to layoffs and a hiring freeze. Now the smaller businesses can see light at the end of the tunnel and will start hiring again. Supply and demand. What a concept!
You obviously have ZERO idea how small business works.....The vast majority have no outside investors.

Right now, the bulk of them are holding their cards until they have some idea of the outcome of the overreaching job killing crap coming from the District of Criminals.

The only thing those arrogant know-nothings haven't tried is what has been shown to work every time it is tried....That being sit down, shut up and get the hell out of the way.

BULLSHIT. IBM in my state contracts with small businesses for a whole range of things. When IBM's suppliers can't produce, their own assembly lines are hung up. Ergo, IBM is INVESTING in the success and integrity of those small businesses to be able to fulfill their contracts.

Now Gunny, you should know there's a difference. Those were 'stimulus' jobs. These are just jobs. Honestly, I thought that would be clear to..... to....... to...... mmmmm. Yea, I see your point.

Oh wait, I got.... The 'stimulus' jobs were to expand the public sector and drag us deeper into the abyss of debt. Now we can throw a few bucks at the private sector so they can hire a few low paid workers. Damn, those dudes in DC are real smart. That'll save the economy..... not.

It's obviously not clear to you either. Why am I not surprised. Do you people EVER actually READ anything containing a few factoids and not just negative bulltoids?

They aren't borrowing more money. Some of it will come from TARP funds and some of the transportation incentives from stimulus funds designated for transportation.

Which is just further proof that all the spending so far has pretty much established "slush funds".

Everything having to do with urban mass transit schemes, which is the bulk of the spending in the bill, is pork, fool.

Do you even know what "pork" is, fool? It is earmarked money for some project that has nothing to do with the bill at all, i.e., a tennis court in the defense appropriation bill just because it will be located near Fort Hood (example only). Fool.

You know what's funny about all this (or it would be if it wasn't so fucking sad)... is that by passing yet another stimulus bill, these yahoos are as much as admitting that they wasted the last one. That was 862 BILLION folks, and that's before adding interest. :eek:

The only relationship to the original stimulus bill is the extension of some of the grants and tax incentives. If there was actually a conflict here, or if that was a valid argument, then I have to wonder why the Republican leadership hasn't used that as their argument against voting for it? The only ones yammering away that this represents "another" stimulus are the new members of the NewNewCons, found en masse here, who insanely believe that this entire economic mess will simply right itself with no help at all. Just cross your fingers and pray a lot.

Forum List

Back