What do Christians and Liberals have in common?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ihopehefails, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I was listening to some youtube video about politics and some girl interviewed a liberal and he said that some parties are concerned about evil corporations. Well he didn't say the word evil but the tone was there but it made me think how judgmental liberals and Christians are. Christians see the world divided between good and evil based on their own religious beliefs while liberals see the same division that is often not based on any religious dogma whatsoever. In fact it seems like it is based on their political doctrine verses and religioius doctrine.

Look at an issue like racism. Racism is immoral in christian and all other belief structures including liberal and if you think that modern liberalism doesn't resemble a religion then ask yourself why being a liberal means being non-racist, kind to the poor, care about others, or just an overall RIGHTIOUS* and HOLY person which is the same character traits we can associate with someone who belongs to a religion such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and etc.

A Modern liberal no longer defines himself solely by their political beliefs such as believing the three branches of government but has expanded it to their own personal moral dogma such as hating the rich or hating racism. And like all religions modern liberalism needs a centerpoint that is the source of their beliefs much like all christians need to believe God and Jesus are their centerpoint and since liberal includes politics as well as personal dogma the centerpoint becomes the state since politics revolves around the state itself.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    That no racism aspect of Christianity does not seem to apply to semetic people aside from the Jews now does it?

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,949
    Many Christians have no problem with slavery. Can you own slaves and not be racist?:eusa_pray:

5. bthom.adam

bthom.adam Oh God....

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe in Christ, and Im conservative. But anyway, what alot of people call racism isn't even racism, lol. If a "minority" get offended they will autimatically claim racism. And you summed it up by saying Liberals think of politics as thier own moral dogma., Good post. you should read my post of "I think our god isnt God...." You might think it is interesting.

6. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Hmm why do we have a black denomination of Methodist churches?

7. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I would like to know what christian has ever proposed slavery laws? I know you can find a christian living 200 years ago who believed that but I can find a ton of democrats from the same period who did the same thing. Either way, those people are seperate from the people living now.

8. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I know. I laughed to but my point is a liberal sees himself as 'holy' if he attunes himself to his dogma just like a christian, muslim, or orhadox jew might. Which is why their political identity makes them feel inclined to believe themselves to be a moral superior person.

9. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    It seems like to me that most liberals can't seperate themselves from ancestory because they are all collectivist at heart.

10. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Mathematician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,052
    Knee jerk answer: About as much as Christians and Conservatives have in common.

Christianity is inherently apolitical. That's part of why it survives adapts, and flourishes no matter what society it finds itself in. If folks really want to make the case that being a Christian means you shouldn't vote for party X, they're in for an epic fail. Both parties support and facilitate things no Christian has a part in supporting.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2