Republicans put gun "silencer" bill on hold - for now.

Suppressors reduce a weapons range and accuracy which makes Clintons statement about how much worse the Las Vegas attack could have been if the shooter had used one all the more stupid.

Why is it stupid . He was randomly shooting into a large crowd . Accuracy is not a problem.

And a mufffled sound would have made things worse because people wouldn't be aware of the gunshots or at least have a general idea where the shots were coming from.

You think the guy who posessed most likely illegal assault rifles could not have obtained a silencer?

Hahahaha. Nope... He did not use one because it would have gotten in the way of his plan of killing as many people as possible.

And why do you want to ban silencers anyway, they are not guns. Seems like the slippery slope has already arrived. What a moron...

We need to pass stronger laws regulating murder.
We need to eliminate all murder laws, since criminals are going to murder anyways

That's what you say about drugs innit? Legalize drugs because the war on drugs is lost? Make up yer mind!
I say that about Marijuana. Because it harms no one. Now if the only purpose for Marijuana was killing or maiming things, then I'd have a different opinion.
MJ does harm and that is a fact!

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

Why ? The only real purpose is to commit crimes with the gun .

You are confused Moon Bat.

The purpose of a silencer is reduce the noise of a gun.

I know dozens of people that own silencers and none of them use the silencers to commit crimes.

You really need to pull your head out of your anti gun nut ass. It just makes you look like a fool when you post your ignorant shit.

We need to eliminate all murder laws, since criminals are going to murder anyways

That's what you say about drugs innit? Legalize drugs because the war on drugs is lost? Make up yer mind!
I say that about Marijuana. Because it harms no one. Now if the only purpose for Marijuana was killing or maiming things, then I'd have a different opinion.
MJ does harm and that is a fact!
Yeah. It creates underground criminal marketplaces because it's illegal.

The source of the OP's ignorance, revealed. A gun expert speaks:

DLJCgX2UQAAjpH5.jpg

Thank god shes not in the white house.

Suppressors reduce a weapons range and accuracy which makes Clintons statement about how much worse the Las Vegas attack could have been if the shooter had used one all the more stupid.
He wasn't aiming, he was showering bullets....And no one would have known from where?
Few things he was shooting from what has been reported about 500 yards away so a suppressor would have reduced his range second despite what many like to think suppressors don’t make that big a difference you would have still been able to hear the shots. Finally he was according to reports using either fully automatic weapons or semi automatics that had been converted to fully automatic the heat generated by firing full auto damages or destroys a suppressor pretty quick and remember the smoke generated from his firing set off the smoke detector in his room.

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

I know dozens of people that own silencers and none of them use the silencers to commit crimes.

You really need to pull your head out of your anti gun nut ass. It just makes you look like a fool when you post your ignorant shit.
Why don't they wear ear protection?

Then murderers wouldnt get punished. Awesome analogy

that's the gun 'rights' argument. Don't pass gun control laws because people will break them.
Its a fallacious analogy IMO.
Murder isnt a Constitutional right
But it is well regulated.

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

They do. Most gun training info will tell you to where them. If you use a silencer, it eliminates that need and makes training better.

Then murderers wouldnt get punished. Awesome analogy

that's the gun 'rights' argument. Don't pass gun control laws because people will break them.
Its a fallacious analogy IMO.
Murder isnt a Constitutional right
But it is well regulated.
and it shouldnt be

I know nothing on silencers.....

Can they be used when hunting deer?
Absolutely. Some might argue it helps. You dont have to wear ear protection. If you see a deer in shooting distance, you dont have to take the chance of putting the ear protection on and scaring them off, or taking too much time.

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

They do. Most gun training info will tell you to where them. If you use a silencer, it eliminates that need and makes training better.
Training? For what?

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

Hold on . Silencers ruin accuracy . So why would you want to use one at gun range target practice .

The down side of suppressors far outweigh the meager benefits . To make these legal is just stupid .

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

Training? For what?
Firearm safety. Hunting courses.

Moon Bats are ignorant of silencers.

First of all they are very seldom used on semi auto or auto rifles. They don't work that well on higher power rifles. The noise reduction is not very much. More for pistols or smaller calibers like .22.

Second of all they reduce the velocity of a bullet, making the gun less lethal.

Third of all they tend to jam up a rifle. They don't last very long between cleaning. Sometimes only a few rounds. I doubt a M-16 or AK on F-A could go more than one magazine before the silencer would be fouled up. F-A or even rapid semi auto would tend to burn out a silencer.

Forth of all they are heavy as hell making a gun hard to handle.

Fifth of all they reduce the accuracy of a firearm.

Crooked Hillary was being a dumbass yesterday with her stupid statement. The people on the ground would have been a lot safer if the gunman had silencers on his rifles. He probably would have only shot a forth or a third as many round before the rifles jammed up.

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

Hold on . Silencers ruin accuracy . So why would you want to use one at gun range target practice .

The down side of suppressors far outweigh the meager benefits . To make these legal is just stupid .
Silencers are evolving. They ruined accuracy years ago.
Whats the downside? That .0000000001% of the population might abuse them?
Why dont we be consistent and apply that logic to everything?

Moon Bats are ignorant of silencers.

First of all they are very seldom used on semi auto or auto rifles. They don't work that well on higher power rifles. The noise reduction is not very much. More for pistols or smaller calibers like .22.

Second of all they reduce the velocity of a bullet, making the gun less lethal.

Third of all they tend to jam up a rifle. They don't last very long between cleaning. Sometimes only a few rounds. I doubt a M-16 or AK on F-A could go more than one magazine before the silencer would be fouled up. F-A or even rapid semi auto would tend to burn out a silencer.

Forth of all they are heavy as hell making a gun hard to handle.

Fifth of all they reduce the accuracy of a firearm.

Crooked Hillary was being a dumbass yesterday with her stupid statement. The people on the ground would have been a lot safer if the gunman had silencers on his rifles. He probably would have only shot a forth or a third as many round before the rifles jammed up.

Thanks for making a bunch of arguments on why they should be illegal .

They seem to have no true purpose other than criminal. Aka Shooting people without the pesky noise alerting others.

TN just made them legal.
Wish i had one

Because they don't want to. Any more stupid questions?

I am a NRA Certified firearms instructor and certified range officer. I am around firearms a lot. I personally have no need to own a silencer. To me they are not very useful. However, a lot of other guys have them and enjoy shooting with them.

The only gun I would even consider putting one on would be a suppressed 10-22 for varmint hunting.

Forum List

Back