Republicans, I have a feeling...

Yup. You guys have created a parasite class by destroying the middle class...

More likely, the 'middle class' was destroyed by all of you liberals who, as a group, are the least likely demographic to purchase an America union made product.

Oh, that tired argument again?

You are tired of having it thrown in your face, and having absolute no counter argument to your pathetic hypocrisy, I reckon.

Personally I believe the DEMS are wrong on this issue.

My ONLY complaint about demanding voter ID is that there is no evidence that anybody is advancing any plan to make those voter IDs easily accessible to people.

I KNOW that for many people, at least hereabouts, getting any kind of picture ID can be a real pain in one's ass.

Getting an offical state ID here means that citizens have to travel at least 40 miles and spend a number of hours waiting for that ID to be created. Additionally, the paperwork that many people need to get that ID is often beyond their grasp, too.

So, while I support voter ID in principle, I can not support that law UNTIL every citizen can get those IDs without having to leave their congressional DISTRICT to get it.

Why make voting any more difficult than it needs to be?
Isn't it supposed to be a basic democratic right?
Especially when there is no evidence of a problem with voter fraud.
Ahem.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-the-outcome-of-the-mn-2008-senate-race.html

[

Fail. Elections and issues are often decided by a few votes, particularly local ones.

Your appeal to permit dishonest elections is rather disgusting, but, then again, you are a Liberal and little is expected from you.

Again, how many valid voters are you willing to disenfranchise to get the one guy who might be casting a vote illegally?

Or is that the goal?

In the end, it doesn't matter what the arguments are now.
The lawmakers in Pennsylvania at least have admitted that there's no issue with voter fraud (as do all sorts of other studies around the country) and, further, have admitted that the purpose of the law is to deliver the state to the GOP.

Case closed really...I don't see how anyone can accept those sorts of cynical and blatant political manoevures.

I felt like firing a shot across the deck early on would one set people on the defensive. I wanted a good, rational discussion w/o name calling. I know that's asking a lot but worth a try.

I just hate to see any American turned away form the polls because of these new laws. All one should require is a voter card that we all have, thats it.

As I've repeatedly asked, and never gotten a satisfactory answer:

How do you know the person who registered is the person who's voting?

Because if the proper safeguards are put in place when issuing the I.D. then there is no problem. Motor Vehicle, at least in NJ has a point system that's difficult to beat. And if you don't 100% comply, you "ain't" getting your license and even if you have one, you won't get it renewed without meeting the criteria.

Now of course you will say what about forged liceneses to which I will say, show me the stats on how many sucessfully forged driver's licenses there are. Not enough, if any that will sway an election.

Most intelligent people would rather have the requiremnet than not.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the arguments are now.
The lawmakers in Pennsylvania at least have admitted that there's no issue with voter fraud (as do all sorts of other studies around the country) and, further, have admitted that the purpose of the law is to deliver the state to the GOP.

Case closed really...I don't see how anyone can accept those sorts of cynical and blatant political manoevures.

"The lawmakers in Pennsylvania at least have admitted that there's no issue with voter fraud..."

Yeah, okay, right! If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it does it make a sound? Surely you can muster a better point than that because in essence that's what you're saying. Since there is little fraud why bother. Who defines little fraud and what constitutes, little?

Last edited:
most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

I strongly disagree that "most" have good intentions! Some, maybe, but not "most"...

And "most" of them are too stupid to even know what they're talking about.

Hey, Running Toilet Water, the only ones against I.D. are the ones up to something nefarious.

The facts are NOT on your side of this issue.

You have to ignore that facts to make such a claim.

This OP is proof the current republican party is NOT filled with good intentions.

they have bought into the Goo Goo complex with all their black jearts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

You are tired of having it thrown in your face, and having absolute no counter argument to your pathetic hypocrisy, I reckon.

No, it's j ust like m ost of your arguments, stupid, baseless and based on appealling to negative emotions.

Didn't you just accuse conservatives of 'destroying the middle class' to start this exchange?

Got appeal to negative emotions, troll?

LOL

Can they not obtain an ID? This is a required item in almost all instances of commerce, or state/federal government related uses.

If they are so disenfranchised, go get an ID and vote against those pushing this law.

Forum List

Back