Republicans going after Holder for Bush's "Gun Walking" policy - hilarious!

Fast and furious.

You want to buy a gun real fast because you are real furious? Go online. You can buy about any weapon you want or need. Need a .50 cal sniper rifle? Not a problem. Can't pass a background check. Not a problem.

You Repubs admit the truth. You could give a fuck less how anyone gets their guns as long as they can get them. And just as long as you got yours. And I understand that.

You really just want some make you feel good issue to pound and pound on the Obama admin.
And I understand that as well.'

Just don't act like you give a flying fuck about who gets guns and how they get them.
You know you don't.

Sorry to dissapoint you but I'm actually in favor of tougher gun control legislation, Zeke. What I'm not in favor of however is using a program like Fast & Furious to try and make that happen. The fact is...people in the Holder DOJ decided that for them the end justified the means and went ahead with something that put both Mexican nationals and US citizens along the border in danger from guns they allowed to "walk". Only when Brian Terry was shot and killed and people started pointing fingers right at them as being responsible they tried to pretend that this was a program just like the one that was being run under the Bush Administration when it's obvious that isn't the case. Then Holder got up in front of Congress and lied his ass off about who knew what and when they knew it. He's the Attorney General of the United States and he's lied to us. So why is this guy still holding his job?

Seems that Issa has it locked up. So he should be able to get rid of Holder..right?

:lol:

The Car Thief vs. The Law Enforcement guy..wonder who wins this one?

And how would you know that?

The CSPAN segment I watch on the hearing had Issa refusing testimony from ATF heads at the time of Wide Reciever. And the guy was interviewed by both Republicans and Democrats. Additionally the ballistics tests on the bullets that killed Officer Terry haven't been released to the public pending an investigation.

Issa wants to completely focus on events from 2009 to the present. That's it.

Operation gunrunner was suspended in late 2009 Fast and furious started in 2009 You need to go back in this thread and read some of my post where I produced DOJ news releases mentioning new programs for drug trafficking and illegal gun sales at the border.

Again..in the CSPAN segment I watched..it was pointed out..and not refuted..that gun walking has been going on every year since 2006. And in the segment I viewed it seemed that every Republican representative was engaged in "gotcha" type questions. Issa, himself, had to caution them against that sort of stuff.

Holder's been up to congress six times (at least according to the CSPAN segment I viewed) and this has been going on for quite some time. It hasn't produced anything and looks like a complete fishing expedition.

And again no one is denying that operation gunrunner did not happen under bush

But what appears to me you are trying to steer away from the fact that operation gunrunner was suspended and fast and furious begin.
You are alluding from the fact that operation gunrunner was controlled with a limited amount of firearms. Fast and furious was not and more firearms were being used. You are also sidestepping the fact that fast and furious goal was not to bust drug cartels in Mexico but was to circumvent the second amendment.

Operation gunrunner was suspended in late 2009 Fast and furious started in 2009 You need to go back in this thread and read some of my post where I produced DOJ news releases mentioning new programs for drug trafficking and illegal gun sales at the border.

Again..in the CSPAN segment I watched..it was pointed out..and not refuted..that gun walking has been going on every year since 2006. And in the segment I viewed it seemed that every Republican representative was engaged in "gotcha" type questions. Issa, himself, had to caution them against that sort of stuff.

Holder's been up to congress six times (at least according to the CSPAN segment I viewed) and this has been going on for quite some time. It hasn't produced anything and looks like a complete fishing expedition.

It's been going on for quite some time because the Holder DOJ has been stonewalling the investigation since it began. The reason it's a "fishing expedition" is that Holder and the Obama Administration have made it one. How would you feel if you were a member of Brian Terry's family and knew that your own government lied to you? I'd be bringing the Mother of all lawsuits against Eric Holder, ATF and the DOJ.

Not going to get into this specious line of thinking, "What if Brian Terry were your brother" crapola. He was a law enforcement officer..and that by it's very nature is dangerous. Additionally..it was Mexican Gangsters that killed him. Most of you guys have absolutely no problem with some very bad law enforcement practices, like "bait cars" and "undercovers". Or "no knock warrants". So forgive me if I don't think your concern is all that geniune.

And Holder has been pretty forthright in his testimony. Moreso then say Cheney or Rove..two guys that basically refused to testify about anything. And got away with it.

But what appears to me you are trying to steer away from the fact that operation gunrunner was suspended and fast and furious begin.
You are alluding from the fact that operation gunrunner was controlled with a limited amount of firearms. Fast and furious was not and more firearms were being used. You are also sidestepping the fact that fast and furious goal was not to bust drug cartels in Mexico but was to circumvent the second amendment.

Again..gun walking has been occurring since 2006. It's not controlled.

And if this were a hearing to prevent law enforcement from making this sort of stupid mistakes..then why not look at the entirety of the issue?

And this isn't the first time Issa's pulled this sort of stunt. I've watched him chair another investigation into implementing EPA rules on coal plants in Virginia. The "expert" testimony that was presented was a guy shilling for the coal plants. After almost a decade of wrangling out of compliance..they finally were forced to do what they should have without being dragged into court. The "Expert" had no data on the health ramifications to the communities..or data on exactly how it would impact the plants. All he could do was repeat over and over the "cost". Which was basically shown to be incorrect as well.

Issa's agenda has been pretty clear. Before Obama even started implementing any policy at all..Issa called his administration the most corrupt in history.

And he's on a fishing expedition to bring it down.

And if this were a hearing to prevent law enforcement from making this sort of stupid mistakes..then why not look at the entirety of the issue?

And this isn't the first time Issa's pulled this sort of stunt. I've watched him chair another investigation into implementing EPA rules on coal plants in Virginia. The "expert" testimony that was presented was a guy shilling for the coal plants. After almost a decade of wrangling out of compliance..they finally were forced to do what they should have without being dragged into court. The "Expert" had no data on the health ramifications to the communities..or data on exactly how it would impact the plants. All he could do was repeat over and over the "cost". Which was basically shown to be incorrect as well.

Issa's agenda has been pretty clear. Before Obama even started implementing any policy at all..Issa called his administration the most corrupt in history.

We know your position....

any excuse will do. Youve been consistent.

Oh give me a fucking break!!!!!

Now this is Bush's fault, but getting Osama he had nothing to do with..... if its bad... BOOSH, if its good OBAMIE.....

Oh fuck you rdean.... Go to Hell ya hack! :evil:

Im sick of this kind of horseshit!

Holder should go to prison for the this!

Go to prison for something that started under Bush and Holder knew nothing about?

Well, Holder IS black, so for Republicans, it kind of makes sense.

rderp is dishonest (not exactly a newsflash) and a partisan hack of the lowest common variety (not exactly a newsflash). But he is also unpersuasive (yeah yeah. I know. not exactly a newsflash).

The gun walking "policy" he pretends existed under Booooooosh was not a policy.

A memo discussing it?

Yes.

Evidence that it was ever done -- much less done as massively and criminally and absurdly as done under President Obama and AG (criminal) Holder?

Not gonna be forthcoming.

rderp doesn't care. Truth is just an obstacle that barely gets in his way.

Naw.

The end result you guys are looking for is Obama's impeachment. That would be the third Democratic President in this nation's history. While Republicans haven't had any.

Keep it up boys.

:clap:

Naw.

The end result you guys are looking for is Obama's impeachment. That would be the third Democratic President in this nation's history. While Republicans haven't had any.

Keep it up boys.

He does deserve it, but that wont happen regardless of your imagination.

Naw.

Keep it up boys.

The Presidents most deserving of impeachment and removal from office in my lifetime were Nixon, Reagan, and GW Bush. Real live law breaking liars.

None of them were impeached.

None.

No one is arguing that operation gunrunner did not happen, but here's where we differ.
Gunrunner was controlled, if not how many guns used in gunrunner killed border agents?

How many guns were used in operation gunrunner vs. fast and furious?

You'll never get away from being a partisan hack will you?

No one is arguing that operation gunrunner did not happen, but here's where we differ.
Gunrunner was controlled, if not how many guns used in gunrunner killed border agents?

Again..

Issa refuses to investigate that far back.

How would anyone know?

Naw.

Keep it up boys.

The Presidents most deserving of impeachment and removal from office in my lifetime were Nixon, Reagan, and GW Bush. Real live law breaking liars.

None.
You are a partisan political hack. Bush should have been impeached for the patriot act, obama should be impeached for every thing he has done. Congress should be suspended for everything. Tar and feather the bastards.

Last edited:
Naw.

Keep it up boys.

None.

As I said any excuse will do.

Again..

Issa refuses to investigate that far back.

How would anyone know?
Are you parroting for rdean? are you being his sock puppet?
Issa refuses blah blah blah blah bush blah blah blah running guns blah blah blah blah

Naw.

Keep it up boys.

None.

I grant you Nixon. (If not 100%, then based on the cover-up, I deem it unworthy of quibbling over.)

Your claim that Ronald Reagan or W were "deserving" of impeachment is nonsensical at best.

And by the way, it is a certainty that the SOLE reason Nixon did not get impeached is because he had the presence of mind to quit, first.

Here's your problem while your blame bush your defending obama.
Operation gunrunner was controlled fast and furious was not.
The guns for gunrunner were accounted for, fast and furious guns were accounted for after someone in mexico was killed.
Fast and furious was used to circumvent the second amendment operation gunrunner wasn't

There's your difference.

The CSPAN segment I watch on the hearing had Issa refusing testimony from ATF heads at the time of Wide Reciever. And the guy was interviewed by both Republicans and Democrats. Additionally the ballistics tests on the bullets that killed Officer Terry haven't been released to the public pending an investigation.

You are just a pathological liar! :eusa_liar:Bush's Project Gunrunner was not suspended in 2009 and Bush's Fast and Furious was started in February 2008 and you produced nothing that mentioned new programs, only CONTINUING Bush's Project Gunrunner.

Here is the ATF saying that Bush's Project Gunrunner was still going on in fiscal year 2010 which ends Sept 30, 2011.

ATF Online - Firearms - Programs - Project Gunrunner
In 2009, ATF established several new offices dedicated to Project Gunrunner firearms trafficking investigations in McAllen, Texas, El Centro, California, and Las Cruces, New Mexico, including a satellite office in Roswell, New Mexico, in addition to new Gunrunner teams in Tucson, Arizona and El Paso, Texas. In September 2010, ATF announced plans to expand Project Gunrunner by opening additional Gunrunner offices in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and Brownsville, Texas. Additional expansion plans include the opening of three new offices located in U.S. Consulates in Mexico, as well as adding additional investigative and analytical staff to the ATF Country Office in Mexico City. These steps will allow for more timely and effective collaboration among the various law enforcement partners dedicated to Project Gunrunner. Today, there are nearly 4,500 active Project Gunrunner investigations throughout the United States. Since its inception in 2006, and through Fiscal Year 2010, ATF’s Project Gunrunner has recommended over 1,100 criminal cases and in excess of 2,500 defendants for prosecution. To date, Project Gunrunner investigations have resulted in the seizure of over 10,000 firearms and nearly one million rounds of ammunition destined for Mexico.

You are just a pathological liar! :eusa_liar:Bush's Project Gunrunner was not suspended in 2009 and Bush's Fast and Furious was started in February 2008 and you produced nothing that mentioned new programs, only CONTINUING Bush's Project Gunrunner.

Here is the ATF saying that Bush's Project Gunrunner was still going on in fiscal year 2010 which ends Sept 30, 2011.

In 2009, ATF established several new offices dedicated to Project Gunrunner firearms trafficking investigations in McAllen, Texas, El Centro, California, and Las Cruces, New Mexico, including a satellite office in Roswell, New Mexico, in addition to new Gunrunner teams in Tucson, Arizona and El Paso, Texas. In September 2010, ATF announced plans to expand Project Gunrunner by opening additional Gunrunner offices in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and Brownsville, Texas. Additional expansion plans include the opening of three new offices located in U.S. Consulates in Mexico, as well as adding additional investigative and analytical staff to the ATF Country Office in Mexico City. These steps will allow for more timely and effective collaboration among the various law enforcement partners dedicated to Project Gunrunner. Today, there are nearly 4,500 active Project Gunrunner investigations throughout the United States. Since its inception in 2006, and through Fiscal Year 2010, ATF’s Project Gunrunner has recommended over 1,100 criminal cases and in excess of 2,500 defendants for prosecution. To date, Project Gunrunner investigations have resulted in the seizure of over 10,000 firearms and nearly one million rounds of ammunition destined for Mexico.

where is the ATF link stating that Fast & Furious was part of Gunrunner???????

Has nothing to do with bush, has everything to do with obama, he is the president, get over it bitches.
Of course Bush was president for 9/11 BUT that wasn't his fault because it happened on his watch, NOOOOOOOO. It was Clinton's fault because the planning began on Clinton's watch. Well Bush's Fast and Furious planning and program began on Bush's watch, so by already established CON$ervative rationalizations, Bush owns Fast and Furious and Terry's death.

where is the ATF link stating that Fast & Furious was part of Gunrunner???????
Where is the ATF link that says that Bush's Fast and Furious was a separate program started in 2009???????????

Where does it mention 2011? You don't think they can have two different operations going on at the same time starting at different times for the same purpose? How do you think they can make comparisons if the program is working or not?

The fact you are averting from is that fast and furious was started while obama under obama.

Forum List

Back