Republicans going after Holder for Bush's "Gun Walking" policy - hilarious!

Bush's Project Gunrunner operation "Fast and Furious" begun February 2008, killed Brian Terry, making Bush a murderer as if he had pulled the trigger himself.

instead of you and deanie just whining like butt-fucked pigs about how Fast & Furious was part of Gun Runner... why don't you prove it? Show use something credible that specifically states this.

you can't.

How do you know what a "butt fucked pig" sounds like?

Oops.

OK, sorry. I didn't know.

You know what, Ed...I don't neg rep people very often but I'm giving you one for that post. You're not the idiot that Deanie is...you know that Fast & Furious wasn't a Bush program. Trying to say that Bush is responsible for the death of Brian Terry after his Administration STOPPED Operation Gunrunner is about as bold faced a lie as one can tell. Fast & Furious is an Eric Holder DOJ program and he is TOTALLY responsible for it.
You can lie all you want, but the ATF itself says Bush's Project Gunrunner was still active in 2010, so Bush NEVER ended it. The fact that Holder's DOJ has held NOBODY responsible for this travesty disgusts me.

From what I have already posted that you read:

ATF Online - Firearms - Programs - Project Gunrunner

Project Gunrunner

Gun trafficking to Mexico is a nationwide problem with consequences on both sides of the border. In response, ATF implemented Project Gunrunner in 2006 as a comprehensive strategy to reduce firearms and explosives related violent crime associated with Mexican criminal organizations operating in the U.S. and Mexico by preventing these organizations from unlawfully acquiring and trafficking firearms and explosives...

Since its inception in 2006, and through Fiscal Year 2010, ATF’s Project Gunrunner has recommended over 1,100 criminal cases and in excess of 2,500 defendants for prosecution. To date, Project Gunrunner investigations have resulted in the seizure of over 10,000 firearms and nearly one million rounds of ammunition destined for Mexico.

So you think an attempt by Holder's crew over at ATF to show that Fast & Furious is just a Bush program is going to really convince anyone that was reality, Ed? Funny how the Mexican authorities knew NOTHING about Fast & Furious but the ATF puts out this bunch of grade A bullshit to try and cover their asses by pretending that they did.

"Through Project Gunrunner, ATF works in conjunction with its domestic and international law enforcement partners to identify, disrupt, and dismantle the firearms and explosives trafficking infrastructure of criminal organizations operating in Mexico, along the border, and other areas of the U.S."

So you're telling me that Mexico was working with ATF in Operation Fast & Furious? Gee, seems Holder's crew at ATF and the DOJ neglected to tell the Mexicans anything ABOUT Fast & Furious. Bush's DOJ actually worked in conjunction with Mexican law enforcement...Obama's DOJ excluded them when they ran Fast & Furious. But they then have the balls to put out garbage like this to try to make it look like THEIR program was just a continuation of a Bush program? The fact of the matter, Ed...is that you're defending a bunch of lying cowards who implemented an operation that totally ignored the saftey of both Mexican nationals and American citizens and law enforcement personel that live on our southern border, because they wanted to flood Mexico with weapons and prove that stricter gun control laws were needed.
To alter someone's post by adding your own comments is a bannible offense. I will not report you, but I will call you worthless lying scum for doing it! And the rest of your post has all the credibility due worthless lying scum.

You can lie all you want, but the ATF itself says Bush's Project Gunrunner was still active in 2010, so Bush NEVER ended it. The fact that Holder's DOJ has held NOBODY responsible for this travesty disgusts me.

From what I have already posted that you read:

ATF Online - Firearms - Programs - Project Gunrunner

Project Gunrunner

Gun trafficking to Mexico is a nationwide problem with consequences on both sides of the border. In response, ATF implemented Project Gunrunner in 2006 as a comprehensive strategy to reduce firearms and explosives related violent crime associated with Mexican criminal organizations operating in the U.S. and Mexico by preventing these organizations from unlawfully acquiring and trafficking firearms and explosives...

Since its inception in 2006, and through Fiscal Year 2010, ATF’s Project Gunrunner has recommended over 1,100 criminal cases and in excess of 2,500 defendants for prosecution. To date, Project Gunrunner investigations have resulted in the seizure of over 10,000 firearms and nearly one million rounds of ammunition destined for Mexico.

So you think an attempt by Holder's crew over at ATF to show that Fast & Furious is just a Bush program is going to really convince anyone that was reality, Ed? Funny how the Mexican authorities knew NOTHING about Fast & Furious but the ATF puts out this bunch of grade A bullshit to try and cover their asses by pretending that they did.

"Through Project Gunrunner, ATF works in conjunction with its domestic and international law enforcement partners to identify, disrupt, and dismantle the firearms and explosives trafficking infrastructure of criminal organizations operating in Mexico, along the border, and other areas of the U.S."

So you're telling me that Mexico was working with ATF in Operation Fast & Furious? Gee, seems Holder's crew at ATF and the DOJ neglected to tell the Mexicans anything ABOUT Fast & Furious. Bush's DOJ actually worked in conjunction with Mexican law enforcement...Obama's DOJ excluded them when they ran Fast & Furious. But they then have the balls to put out garbage like this to try to make it look like THEIR program was just a continuation of a Bush program? The fact of the matter, Ed...is that you're defending a bunch of lying cowards who implemented an operation that totally ignored the saftey of both Mexican nationals and American citizens and law enforcement personel that live on our southern border, because they wanted to flood Mexico with weapons and prove that stricter gun control laws were needed.
To alter someone's post by adding your own comments is a bannible offense. I will not report you, but I will call you worthless lying scum for doing it! And the rest of your post has all the credibility due worthless lying scum.

Editing something and having it end up in the wrong place doesn't make someone scum, Ed. You klnow what does call into question someone's credibility though? Using an article written in 2008 describing Operation Gunrunner to explain an Operation that didn't even BEGIN until 2009 under a totally different name. Care to explain that?

Could this be the start of fast and furious?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2009
DOJ, DHS AND MEXICO ANNOUNCE ARRANGEMENT TO BOLSTER INVESTIGATIVE COOPERATION ON INTERNATIONAL FIREARMS TRAFFICKING CASES

DOJ Press Release - DOJ, <abbr>DHS</abbr> And Mexico Announce Arrangement To Bolster Investigative Cooperation On International Firearms Trafficking Cases

Operation Fast and Furious
Gun-Running Timeline: How DOJ’s ‘Operation Fast and Furious’ Unfolded
In this operation, which began in the fall of 2009 and continued into early 2011,
Gun-Running Timeline: How DOJ

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009
Welcome to the United States Department of Justice
DAG
(202) 514-2007
TDD: (202) 514-1888
JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES SUCCESS IN BATTLE AGAINST FIREARMS TRAFFICKING AND RECOVERY ACT FUNDS TO BUILD ON PROJECT GUNRUNNER

DOJ Press Release - Justice Department Announces Success In Battle Against Firearms Trafficking And Recovery Act Funds To Build On Project Gunrunner

To build on project gunrunner sounds like the start of fast and furious.
Building on Bush's Project Gunrunner sounds like a continuation of Bush's Project Gunrunner. It says absolutely nothing about starting the already existing Bush Fast and Furious operation under Bush's Project Gunrunner.
Try again.

"2009&#8722;2011: Operation Fast and FuriousOn October 26, 2009, a teleconference was held at the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. to discuss US strategy for combating Mexican drug cartels. Participating in the meeting were Deputy Attorney General David W. Ogden, Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer, ATF Director Kenneth E. Melson, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Administrator Michele Leonhart, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Director Robert Mueller and the top federal prosecutors in the Southwestern border states. They decided on a strategy to identify and eliminate entire arms trafficking networks rather than low&#8211;level buyers.[3][30][31] Those at the meeting did not suggest using the "gunwalking" tactic, but ATF agents would soon use it in an attempt to achieve the desired goals.[32] The effort, beginning in November, would come to be called Operation Fast and Furious for the successful film franchise, because some of the suspects under investigation operated out of an auto repair store and street raced.[3]

The strategy of targeting high&#8211;level individuals, which was already ATF policy, would be implemented by Bill Newell, special agent in charge of ATF's Phoenix field division. In order to accomplish it, the office decided to use "gunwalking" as laid out in a January 2010 briefing paper. This was said to be allowed under ATF regulations and given legal backing by U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona Dennis K. Burke. It was additionally approved and funded by a Justice Department task force.[3] However, long&#8211;standing DOJ and ATF policy has required arms shipments to be intercepted.[4][5]

In November 2009, the Phoenix office's Group VII, which would be the lead investigative group in Fast and Furious, began to follow a prolific gun trafficker. He had bought 34 firearms in 24 days, and he and his associates bought 212 more in the next month. The case soon grew to over two dozen straw purchasers, the most prolific of which would ultimately buy more than 600 weapons.[3][5][33]

The tactic of letting guns walk, rather than interdicting them and arresting the buyers, led to controversy within the ATF.[5][34] As the case continued, several members of Group VII, including John Dodson and Olindo Casa, became increasingly upset at the tactic of allowing guns to walk. They watched guns being bought illegally and stashed on a daily basis, while their supervisors, including David Voth and Hope MacAllister, prevented the agents from intervening.[3]

Responding to the disagreements, Voth wrote an email in March 2010: "I will be damned if this case is going to suffer due to petty arguing, rumors, or other adolescent behavior. I don&#8217;t know what all the issues are but we are all adults, we are all professionals, and we have an exciting opportunity to use the biggest tool in our law enforcement tool box. If you don&#8217;t think this is fun you are in the wrong line of work &#8212; period!&#8221;[3][35]

By June 2010, suspects had purchased 1,608 firearms at a cost of over US$1 million at Phoenix-area gun shops. At that time, the ATF was also aware of 179 of those weapons being found at crime scenes in Mexico, and 130 in the US.[8] As guns traced to Fast and Furious began turning up at violent crime scenes in Mexico, ATF agents stationed there also voiced opposition.[3]

On the evening of December 14, 2010, U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and others were patrolling Peck Canyon, Pima County, Arizona, 11 miles from the Mexican border. The group came across five suspected illegal immigrants. When they fired non-lethal beanbag guns, the suspects responded with assault weapons, leading to a firefight. Agent Terry was shot and killed; four of the suspects were arrested and two AK-47 assault rifles were found nearby. The rifles were traced to Fast and Furious within hours of the shooting, but the bullet that killed Terry was too badly damaged to be linked to either gun.[3]

After hearing of the incident, Agent Dodson reached out to ATF headquarters, ATF&#8217;s chief counsel, the ATF ethics section and the Justice Department&#8217;s Office of the Inspector General, none of whom immediately responded. He and other agents then contacted Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who would become a major figure in the investigation of "gunwalking." At the same time, information began leaking to various bloggers and web sites.[3]

FN Five-sevens were among the weapons allowed to walk.[36]On January 25, 2011, US Attorney Burke announced the first details of the case to become officially public, marking the end of Operation Fast and Furious. At a news conference in Phoenix, he reported a 53-count indictment of 20 suspects for buying hundreds of guns intended for illegal export between September 2009 and December 2010. Newell, who was at the conference, called Fast and Furious a "phenomenal case," while denying that guns had been deliberately allowed to walk into Mexico, a claim that was later revealed to be false.[3][29]

Altogether, 2,020 firearms were bought by straw purchasers during Fast and Furious.[3] These included AK-47 variants, Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifles, .38 caliber revolvers, and FN Five-sevens.[36] As of October 20, 2011, 389 had been recovered in the US and 276 had been recovered in Mexico. The rest remained on the streets, unaccounted for.[10] Most of the guns went to the Sinaloa Cartel, while others made their way to El Teo and La Familia.[2][25]" Wikipedia.

you might want to double check that, Sparky. There is NOTHING in the posted rules about ADDING to a quote of someones posts.

THAT is the program that you're trying to say was a "continuation" of what was going on under Bush, Ed...and between you and me? I think you KNOW that you're defending a bunch of lying cowards but have chosen to do so anyway because of your political ideology...which in my eyes makes you just as much of a lying coward. Those are YOUR people that set up this cluster fuck and it's YOUR people who are trying to find some way to pass the blame elsewhere...and YOU are enabling that attempt.

you might want to double check that, Sparky. There is NOTHING in the posted rules about ADDING to a quote of someones posts.

I was so angered by Ed's horseshit that I put my additional remark in the wrong place when I edited it. If THAT makes me a "worthless lying scum" then it shows me that Ed REALLY doesn't want to argue this anymore and is desperately looking for an exit strategy.

I was so angered by Ed's horseshit that I put my additional remark in the wrong place when I edited it. (which is certainly not a ban-able offense) If THAT makes me a "worthless lying scum" then it shows me that Ed REALLY doesn't want to argue this anymore and is desperately looking for an exit strategy.

See what I did there?

I did not change your comments, I added to them. One is an issue, the other is not. He's not bright enough to understand that.

Since he's skulked away from my challenge, he is also a ball-less half-wit.

EDIT: since they do not limit the edit time for posts, you can always go back and correct it to shut the little fuckwit up ;)

Last edited:
Could this be the start of fast and furious?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2009
DOJ, DHS AND MEXICO ANNOUNCE ARRANGEMENT TO BOLSTER INVESTIGATIVE COOPERATION ON INTERNATIONAL FIREARMS TRAFFICKING CASES

DOJ Press Release - DOJ, <abbr>DHS</abbr> And Mexico Announce Arrangement To Bolster Investigative Cooperation On International Firearms Trafficking Cases

Operation Fast and Furious
Gun-Running Timeline: How DOJ

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009
DAG
(202) 514-2007
JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES SUCCESS IN BATTLE AGAINST FIREARMS TRAFFICKING AND RECOVERY ACT FUNDS TO BUILD ON PROJECT GUNRUNNER

DOJ Press Release - Justice Department Announces Success In Battle Against Firearms Trafficking And Recovery Act Funds To Build On Project Gunrunner

Building on Bush's Project Gunrunner sounds like a continuation of Bush's Project Gunrunner. It says absolutely nothing about starting the already existing Bush Fast and Furious operation under Bush's Project Gunrunner.
Try again.

No one is denying that there was a program called gunrunner while bush was president. I have shown news releases for the DOJ hinting to the start up of a new program. I guess fast and furious can be said it came from operation gun runner. In those news releases it shows the new program start around the same time fast and furious is supposed to have started as it has been pointed out.

To accuse someone of being lying scum because they inadvertantly place a comment in the wrong place when they edit something is laughable. If I'd made an attempt to change HIS comments to make them appear different then Ed would have a point but my comment makes no sense in the context it ended up in. It was supposed to be placed at the end of my message.

Editing something and having it end up in the wrong place doesn't make someone scum, Ed. You klnow what does call into question someone's credibility though? Using an article written in 2008 describing Operation Gunrunner to explain an Operation that didn't even BEGIN until 2009 under a totally different name. Care to explain that?
What the hell are you babbling about?
You lied and said that Bush ended his Project Gunrunner and I posted a ATF link that proved it was still in operation in 2010. It was not a 2008 article.
Admit it, you got caught lying to protect Bush.

To accuse someone of being lying scum because they inadvertantly place a comment in the wrong place when they edit something is laughable. If I'd made an attempt to change HIS comments to make them appear different then Ed would have a point but my comment makes no sense in the context it ended up in. It was supposed to be placed at the end of my message.

Don't sweat it, ED's trying to deflect the best he can

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009
DAG
(202) 514-2007

Try again.

No one is denying that there was a program called gunrunner while bush was president. I have shown news releases for the DOJ hinting to the start up of a new program. I guess fast and furious can be said it came from operation gun runner. In those news releases it shows the new program start around the same time fast and furious is supposed to have started as it has been pointed out.
There is no such hinting of a NEW program, only hiring more people to CONTINUE what was already in effect under Bush's Project Gunrunner, you are just dreaming. And Bush started the Fast and Furious operation under his Project Gunrunner in February 2008.

Here is what your link actually says;

ATF received $10 million through the Recovery Act to continue to build an infrastructure to further the accomplishments of Project Gunrunner. As part of the $10 million, ATF is hiring 25 new special agents, six industry operations investigators, three intelligence research specialists and three investigative analysts. The funding will establish three permanent field offices, dedicated to firearms trafficking investigations, in McAllen, Texas; El Centro, Calif.; and Las Cruces, N.M.; and a satellite office in Roswell, N.M.

You just can't stop yourself from playing dumb, can you!

That post was in response to the liar who claimed that Bush ended his "Project Gunrunner." That is why the part where the ATF says it was in effect through fiscal year 2010 was highlighted and underlined. Do you really want to play so dumb that you couldn't figure that out/

And regarding your Straw Man, Fast and Furious was a operation under Project Gunrunner as this GOP propaganda site link admits.

Project Gunrunner

What Is Project Gunrunner?
Project Gunrunner, the ATF claims, was an attempt by ATF to stem what they call an “iron river of guns” that is flowing from gun stores in the United States across the border into Mexico.

According to the ATF’s website, “ATF implemented Project Gunrunner in 2006 as a comprehensive strategy to reduce firearms and explosives related violent crime associated with Mexican criminal organizations operating in the U.S. and Mexico by preventing these organizations from unlawfully acquiring and trafficking firearms and explosives.”

The website also states, “Project Gunrunner’s objective is to deny Mexican drug cartels the tools of the trade, which they employ to murder rival drug traffickers, civilians, as well as political, military, and law enforcement figures in order to strengthen their grip on the lucrative drug and firearms routes into and out of the United States.”

However, since February 2008 under Project Gunrunner, operations “Fast and Furious,” “Too Hot to Handle,” “Wide Receiver,” and others (lampooned under the label “Operation Gunwalker”) have resulted in the opposite, as ATF was permitting and facilitating “straw purchase” firearm sales to gun traffickers. A straw purchase is when a buyer uses an intermediary (the “straw man”) to purchase firearms from a dealer, with the intent of hiding the identity of the real buyer. In essence, ATF allowed the guns to “walk” and be transported to Mexico.
you can got New American over and over, doesn;t make it fact.

Now, if you can show me the ATF website link tying Fast & Furious to Gunrunner, I'll wear the avatar and sig of your choice for a month (as long as it conforms to establish board guidelines). If not, you wear the avatar and sig of MY choice for a month.

You got the balls, Nancy???

no balls, huh. Figures.

grow a pair yet, Sparky? Ready to accept my challenge???

you can got New American over and over, doesn;t make it fact.

Now, if you can show me the ATF website link tying Fast & Furious to Gunrunner, I'll wear the avatar and sig of your choice for a month (as long as it conforms to establish board guidelines). If not, you wear the avatar and sig of MY choice for a month.

You got the balls, Nancy???

no balls, huh. Figures.

Post something from the ATF website that shows Bush's Fast and Furious was not part of Bush's Project Gunrunner or even that it was started in 2009.

I already posted a link to an anti-Obama GOP propaganda site that admits that Fast and Furious and a number of other operations UNDER Bush's Project Gunrunner began in February 2008.

You've got diddly.

no balls, huh. Figures.

Post something from the ATF website that shows Bush's Fast and Furious was not part of Bush's Project Gunrunner or even that it was started in 2009.

I already posted a link to an anti-Obama GOP propaganda site that admits that Fast and Furious and a number of other operations UNDER Bush's Project Gunrunner began in February 2008.

You've got diddly.

And you gotz propaganda sites
:lol:

I was so angered by Ed's horseshit that I put my additional remark in the wrong place when I edited it. (which is certainly not a ban-able offense) If THAT makes me a "worthless lying scum" then it shows me that Ed REALLY doesn't want to argue this anymore and is desperately looking for an exit strategy.

See what I did there?

I did not change your comments, I added to them. One is an issue, the other is not. He's not bright enough to understand that.

Since he's skulked away from my challenge, he is also a ball-less half-wit.

EDIT: since they do not limit the edit time for posts, you can always go back and correct it to shut the little fuckwit up ;)
Wrong again, there is a time limit for editing posts, know-it-all.

no balls, huh. Figures.

You've got diddly.

Hate to point out the inconvenient truth, Ed but Operation Fast & Furious didn't start until 2009.

You've got diddly.

Hate to point out the inconvenient truth, Ed but Operation Fast & Furious didn't start until 2009.

:eusa_shhh:

Let him have his fun you meanie

Forum List

Back