Republicans find a way to avoid a damaging legislative war: SURRENDER!

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Apparently Republicans have agreed to a budget deal the throws out all spending caps, raises the debt limit hugely, and agrees to exploding government for years to come.

Remind me again why we voted these particular Republicans into office? And tossed out more Democrats in the last 6 years than at any other time in the country's history?

If we had left the acknowledged tax-and-spend-and-borrow Democrats in office, how would the result have been different from this?

---------------------------------------

Massive Debt, Budget Deal Introduced In Dead of Night, Vote Violates Another Boehner Pledge - Breitbart

Massive Debt Budget Deal Introduced in the Dark of Night, Vote violates another Boehner pledge

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

The giant debt ceiling increase rolled together with a budget deal was introduced at 11:36 p.m. Monday, in the dead of night, several congressional sources confirm to Breitbart News.

The text is 144 pages long and increases the debt ceiling beyond when President Barack Obama leaves office, all the way until March 2017. It also, according to Politico, increases spending by $50 billion this year and $30 billion more the following year.

As AP reports, House Speaker Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) is pushing for a Wednesday vote, this would be yet another instance in which he has broken his promise to give members and the public three full days—72 hours—to read legislation before voting on it.

I wish they would make it to where legislation is only a couple of pages.
144 is bullshit
Talk about PORK

All in preparation for the incoming establishment Republican POTUS. Isn't that nice how the elites have once again snookered the people?

Deficit spending is now lower than Reagan, Bush 1 & Bush 2. Republicans are the most fiscally irresponsible idiots ever. Obama's Sequestration made those fat Republican pigs squeal, so Repubtards refused to pay their debts causing the US downgrade.

fredgraph.png

Reagan Bush 1 & 2 destroyed the US Dollar. Clinton & Obama restored it.
fredgraph.png

Last edited:
Apparently Republicans have agreed to a budget deal the throws out all spending caps, raises the debt limit hugely, and agrees to exploding government for years to come.

Remind me again why we voted these particular Republicans into office? And tossed out more Democrats in the last 6 years than at any other time in the country's history?

If we had left the acknowledged tax-and-spend-and-borrow Democrats in office, how would the result have been different from this?

Massive Debt, Budget Deal Introduced In Dead of Night, Vote Violates Another Boehner Pledge - Breitbart

Massive Debt Budget Deal Introduced in the Dark of Night, Vote violates another Boehner pledge

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

The giant debt ceiling increase rolled together with a budget deal was introduced at 11:36 p.m. Monday, in the dead of night, several congressional sources confirm to Breitbart News.

The text is 144 pages long and increases the debt ceiling beyond when President Barack Obama leaves office, all the way until March 2017. It also, according to Politico, increases spending by $50 billion this year and $30 billion more the following year.

As AP reports, House Speaker Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) is pushing for a Wednesday vote, this would be yet another instance in which he has broken his promise to give members and the public three full days—72 hours—to read legislation before voting on it.

Raising the ceiling is almost unavoidable. We don't raise the ceiling for current spending, we raise the ceiling to pay past debts from other Congresses and administrations.

Spending is down and the current group of Republicans are living by Reagan's rule which is if you can get most of what you wanted, it's a win.

So we keep inching closer to our ultimate goal which is not only to have a balanced budget, but have room to pay down the current debt. Unfortunately, that won't take place until we get a Republican President that's somewhat conservative and go along with such plans. Obama would never go for it.

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

You know Acorn, a lot people just don't understand how this proves, beyond a shadow of doubt, one of two things...............either what many people say is absolutely true, that BOTH parties are really more like each other, than opposed to each other.............or; these people in congress and the white house know something we do not know, which makes this type of thing a mute point. (meaning it is to late to fix it, so screw it, we are going down no matter what we do)

No matter which of the two scenarios is true, we should remember that the reason we are in this mess is always blamed on the Democrats, but I think not, it is mostly a REPUBLICAN problem. Why? Because Democrats run on keeping status quo, and their people vote for them; regardless of how bassackwards it is and hurtful to the country.

Republicans on the other hand, run on trying to FIX it, steal OUR vote because they pretend they will attempt to do it, then do NOTHING! Then, they go along with the Democrats!

So Acorn, since both you and I are on the same wavelength, I have a question for you. QUESTION: For those who do not follow politics as closely as we do, after republicans cutting this deal, what is the answer to this question to regular Americans..............who is actually lying; the far left, or the Republicans who tell everyone their liberal policies are killing the country so vote for them......then after they are elected to stop these evil policies.........do not even ATTEMPT to do so, and actually sign on with the liberals!

It is plainly obvious either the establishment Republicans are lying about the liberal Democrats, OR..........the establishment republicans are NOT doing their jobs. In either case, these establishment Republicans need to be removed from office and replaced with liberal Democrats, or Conservative Republicans. They can't have it both ways and claim the liberal Democrats are awful, then give them what they want, especially when they hold congress.

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

Raising the ceiling is almost unavoidable. We don't raise the ceiling for current spending, we raise the ceiling to pay past debts from other Congresses and administrations.

Spending is down and the current group of Republicans are living by Reagan's rule which is if you can get most of what you wanted, it's a win.

So we keep inching closer to our ultimate goal which is not only to have a balanced budget, but have room to pay down the current debt. Unfortunately, that won't take place until we get a Republican President that's somewhat conservative and go along with such plans. Obama would never go for it.

That is bogus statement. Congress didn't even cut this deal, DRUNK JOHNNY did. Is everyone on this board to believe that Johnny and Obama are smarter than committees set up for this?

And what about the 2 year deal? That just gets congress off the hook for next year, while Obama does what he wants.

And I see the spending cuts are 10 years down the road. WAKE UP! 10 years from now, a NEW congress with a new President and a bunch of NEW citizens will be here. Are you telling me we should dictate to them what they have to do so Johnny and Obama can have their way today?!?!?!?! That is ridiculous.

That is like agreeing that we spend all of this today, and let our kids and grandkids pay for it when we assume room temperature. I am sorry, but I love my children and grandchildren more than that.

Deficit spending is now lower than Reagan, Bush 1 & Bush 2. Republicans are the most fiscally irresponsible idiots ever. Obama's Sequestration made those fat Republican pigs squeal, so Repubtards refused to pay their debts causing the US downgrade.

fredgraph.png

Reagan Bush 1 & 2 destroyed the US Dollar. Clinton & Obama restored it.
fredgraph.png

Obama's Sequestration made those fat Republican pigs squeal

Yeah, Obozo is a regular hero of fiscal restraint. LOL!

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

That is bogus statement. Congress didn't even cut this deal, DRUNK JOHNNY did. Is everyone on this board to believe that Johnny and Obama are smarter than committees set up for this?

And what about the 2 year deal? That just gets congress off the hook for next year, while Obama does what he wants.

And I see the spending cuts are 10 years down the road. WAKE UP! 10 years from now, a NEW congress with a new President and a bunch of NEW citizens will be here. Are you telling me we should dictate to them what they have to do so Johnny and Obama can have their way today?!?!?!?! That is ridiculous.

That is like agreeing that we spend all of this today, and let our kids and grandkids pay for it when we assume room temperature. I am sorry, but I love my children and grandchildren more than that.

I would agree with you if we had a totally Republican government--but we don't. The President gets to sign or veto whatever comes out of Congress and past the Senate. If we want something, we have to give him something otherwise only one side is happy and in such cases, a bill would never pass.

Then we go to the mud slinging part which is never good, and then perhaps a government shutdown which is definitely not good for Republicans--especially this close to an election. In reality, nothing would make DumBama happier than a government shutdown.

You can't bring your own cards to the table. You have to play the cards that were dealt to you. As for myself, I wish all welfare programs were cut in half. I wish they would cut HUD"s funding by 2/3 since they are buying and renting homes in the suburbs for their lowlifes. I wish we could eliminate over half of the bureaucracies today. But I'm also a realist.

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

The GOP has been surrendering to the whims of the right wing for far too long

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

I would agree with you if we had a totally Republican government--but we don't. The President gets to sign or veto whatever comes out of Congress and past the Senate. If we want something, we have to give him something otherwise only one side is happy and in such cases, a bill would never pass.

Then we go to the mud slinging part which is never good, and then perhaps a government shutdown which is definitely not good for Republicans--especially this close to an election. In reality, nothing would make DumBama happier than a government shutdown.

You can't bring your own cards to the table. You have to play the cards that were dealt to you. As for myself, I wish all welfare programs were cut in half. I wish they would cut HUD"s funding by 2/3 since they are buying and renting homes in the suburbs for their lowlifes. I wish we could eliminate over half of the bureaucracies today. But I'm also a realist.

Then we go to the mud slinging part which is never good, and then perhaps a government shutdown which is definitely not good for Republicans--especially this close to an election.

You're right, if there is a government shutdown, the Republicans will never capture the Senate in 2014. Wait...

"Then we go to the mud slinging part which is never good, and then perhaps a government shutdown which is definitely not good for Republicans--especially this close to an election."

You're right, if there is a government shutdown, the Republicans will never capture the Senate in 2014. Wait...
You can't really be this...

oh wait! It's you again

Please, please help the GOP go stupid again. It is so much funnier than watching the Dems flounder around

"Then we go to the mud slinging part which is never good, and then perhaps a government shutdown which is definitely not good for Republicans--especially this close to an election."

oh wait! It's you again

Please, please help the GOP go stupid again. It is so much funnier than watching the Dems flounder around

Yeah, shutdown really hurt the Republicans. LOL!

oh wait! It's you again

Yeah, shutdown really hurt the Republicans. LOL!
It did and I thought you were a deeper thinker so Dante apologizes.

let me explain: The GOP did well because of recently gerrymandered districts and other reasons. The GOP brand is in the toilet. YOu must be infected with the mindset of the web, were short term and instantaneous results are all that filter through to your thinking processes.

The GOP itself has been struggling with the results of their Bring Down Obama popularity ratings no matter what strategy of the 2008 election . Much is written of it from the inside of the party. The GOP thought it was safe with the gerrymandering of, but all that did was make it safer for the right wingers who are no friends of the party

The party establishment is always whomever is in control. All the right wing wants to do is seize control and make themselves the party establishment under the guise of representing the people :rofl:

by Matthew Boyle
Oct. 27, 2015
Washington DC

Exactly correct. The GOP has lost touch with reality.

The GOP is banking on eliminating all conservatives from contention in the race for POTUS and then when we get our inevitable RINO, they will say "Hey, if you don't vote for our guy, you will be voting for Hillary. I'm tired of having to pick from two identical turds.

Forum List

Back