"Republicans finally admit there is no Benghazi scandal"

What he should have done is folded, left Iraq and lived a life in comfort as a disgraced former head of state

That shows exactly how ignorant you are. Saddam Hussein in plush retirement somewhere does not resolve the supposed threat of the Iraqi Baathist regime in control of a chem/bio weapons arsenal. They could still hand it over (if it existed) to al Qaeda to kill Americans

And it certainly does not quell an ensuing Shiite Sunni civil war for control of Baghdad and all the oil wealth. 4484 US troops still likely due but Saddam lives a comfortable life to old age. What a fool you are.

We had health care BEFORE the Affordable Care Act. We'll have health care AFTER the ACA. What you don't seem to quite grasp yet (it would seem that Professor Gruber had many of this board's liberals in mind when he spoke about Americans being too stupid to understand what ObamaCare really was!) is that the ACA was so badly written that it will have to be totally overhauled not to be a complete disaster. I didn't lose but the majority of Middle Class Americans are going to take it right in the ass from ObamaCare because somebody has to pay for this thing with higher healthcare costs and it's going to be the Middle Class.

You think the Middle Class doesn't like the ACA now? Wait until they figure out how much more their healthcare costs are going to be going forward!

Really? Hey, guy, before the ACA, we had the company meeting every year about how our HC would cost a little bit more and suck a little bit more than the year before. The capper was when our HR person crowed about how happy she was she had her husband's HMO instead of our crappy plan.

Guess what. After ACA, we stopped having those meetings. And the costs actually went down a bit.

Saddam's offer is irrelevant. Saddam was not being asked... there were no suggestions for him, there were demands... of very specific nature. His was to comply, or die.

Okay, I want you to think about the logic of what you just said. Saddam had NO WMDs. He was IN COMPLIANCE.

Now all he had to do was prove it to someone who wanted to go to war with him.

SO how was he supposed to do that, exactly?

You know what's amusing to me, Dottie? As bad of a President as all you liberals thought W was? The best thing any of you can say about Barack Obama after six years is that he's not any worse than Bush was.

So in reality his election slogan shouldn't have been "Hope & Change"...it should have been "No Worse Than Dubya!"?

Well, he's actually a lot better than Dubya. the Unemployment rate, the Dow, GDP Growth, the number of Americans coming home in boxes- they are all less than they were under Bush.

Wrmk 10391224
Where_r_my_Keys said:
Saddam's offer is irrelevant

How is an offer from Saddam Hussein to let hundreds if not thousands of CIA FBI Military officers come peaceably into Iraq, not an expression of a willingness and desire by the Baathist regime to become in full compliance with its disarmament obligations to the satisfaction of the UN and to the USA?

What more could he do to prove to Lil Dubby that there were no WMDq in Iraq and thus save 4484 Americans from dying over there searching for WMD in a war turned quagmire for the US?

Last edited:
Okay, I want you to think about the logic of what you just said. Saddam had NO WMDs

To avoid war which Bush said he wanted too, wingnut warmingering rightwinger freaks still expect Saddam Hussein should have turned over weapons that he did not have.

They are whackos. No other explanation will suffice.

I'm saying that the reason they wrote the bill the way they did was to deliberately make it as confusing as possible so NOBODY would understand it. It's why you had the Speaker of the House telling us that they needed to pass the bill before they could know what was in the bill!

Again, if you voted for a representative that was too stupid to at least get someone to explain it to him, that's your fault. Understanding and voting on bills is their job, not ours. As far as the out of context quote from Pelosi, that's been explained a million times, but I don't expect fox ever told you about that, or that teabaggers would ever understand what she really meant anyway.

So it's OK with you if our President, Vice President, Speaker of the House and Senate Majority Leader all lie to the American people about what a bill that affects 1/6 of our total economy is going to do? If the ACA is so darned great, Bulldog...then why would you HAVE to lie about it?

As for what Pelosi said? How did I take it out of context? Would you like me to post the video where she made the statement? Trust me it doesn't get better when heard IN context! It was an idiotic statement made by a woman who to be blunt isn't very smart. How Nancy Pelosi ended up being Speaker of the House has always mystified me. Surely there must be someone on the Democratic side of the aisle who isn't the "ditz" that San Fran Nan is?

I'm sure you have had this discussion many times, and obviously, no amount of discussion or evaluation of the facts can reach your gut reaction opinion, so I'm not going to try. I suggest you just deal with it like you would any other disappointment. WE HAVE HEALTH CARE, and no amount of pouting or whining will change that. If it helps you to pout among other disappointed teabaggers, then by all means do that, but your troubled psyche will continue to be a problem for you until you come to terms with your loss. You did lose, and the country is better off because of that. Get over it.

We had health care BEFORE the Affordable Care Act. We'll have health care AFTER the ACA. What you don't seem to quite grasp yet (it would seem that Professor Gruber had many of this board's liberals in mind when he spoke about Americans being too stupid to understand what ObamaCare really was!) is that the ACA was so badly written that it will have to be totally overhauled not to be a complete disaster. I didn't lose but the majority of Middle Class Americans are going to take it right in the ass from ObamaCare because somebody has to pay for this thing with higher healthcare costs and it's going to be the Middle Class.

You think the Middle Class doesn't like the ACA now? Wait until they figure out how much more their healthcare costs are going to be going forward!

Well, many of us didn't have healthcare before ACA. Millions who didn't have insurance now do. You will never be able to take that away from us, no matter how long you pout and hold your breath. Nobody ever said there wouldn't be changes or improvements to be made, and if your politicians ever come up with any reasonable ones, I'm sure they will be welcome. No need trying to convince you, but you really should try to get over it. I'm sure Obamacare can help you with some sort of therapy.

You're always talking about people taking it right in the ass or having things stuffed down their throats. You have every right to participate in what ever sex acts you want, but this is a political discussion. Other venues would be more appropriate for your sexual discussions.

So basically you are loving ObamaCare because someone else is subsidizing your healthcare? I hate to break this to you, Bulldog but don't be so sure about nobody being able to take that away from you. There is going to be a political price to pay for liberals who lied to the Middle Class about what this was going to cost them. The Middle Class were told that the ACA would lower their healthcare costs. That was a deliberate lie told to them by people like Professor Gruber. You may not have noticed but Democrats running for reelection are running away from ObamaCare. They've seen the writing on the wall...this is an issue that is going to be politically toxic to any Democrat that isn't in a dyed in the wool liberal district. When your average Middle Class voter finds out what it's going to cost THEM to subsidize YOU...they are going to go ballistic!

Wrmk 10391224
Where_r_my_Keys said:
Saddam's offer is irrelevant

How is an offer from Saddam Hussein to let hundreds if not thousands of CIA FBI Military officers come peaceably into Iraq, not an expression of a willingness and desire by the Baathist regime to become in full compliance with its disarmament obligations to the satisfaction of the UN and to the USA?

What more could he do to prove to Lil Dubby that there were no WMDq in Iraq and thus save 4484 Americans from dying over there searching for WMD in a war turned quagmire for the US?

Saddam Hussein's "offers" were simply delaying tactics to give him more time, Notfooled. It's the same game that Iran is playing with Barry now. Saddam Hussein was never going to change. He would have taken the money he was getting from selling black market oil to Russia and France and bought weapons. That's who he was...that's who he always would have been. He didn't have Iraqi agents in the Sudan asking about buying yellowcake uranium because he wanted to power Iraq with nuclear reactors. He was looking for a nuke.

Wrmk 10391084
Where_r_my_Keys said:
Post 9-11, the US set upon 18 months of intense diplomatic efforts to help Iraq bring itself into compliance

No way. During the summer of 2002 the US an US stepped up NFZ bombings of Iraq like crazy trying to provoke Iraq into starting a war.

Bush did not consider diplomacy as a means to resolution until September 2002. And then it was mostly to keep Tony Blair and the Brits to remain all keen on the invasion.

Again, if you voted for a representative that was too stupid to at least get someone to explain it to him, that's your fault. Understanding and voting on bills is their job, not ours. As far as the out of context quote from Pelosi, that's been explained a million times, but I don't expect fox ever told you about that, or that teabaggers would ever understand what she really meant anyway.

So it's OK with you if our President, Vice President, Speaker of the House and Senate Majority Leader all lie to the American people about what a bill that affects 1/6 of our total economy is going to do? If the ACA is so darned great, Bulldog...then why would you HAVE to lie about it?

As for what Pelosi said? How did I take it out of context? Would you like me to post the video where she made the statement? Trust me it doesn't get better when heard IN context! It was an idiotic statement made by a woman who to be blunt isn't very smart. How Nancy Pelosi ended up being Speaker of the House has always mystified me. Surely there must be someone on the Democratic side of the aisle who isn't the "ditz" that San Fran Nan is?

I'm sure you have had this discussion many times, and obviously, no amount of discussion or evaluation of the facts can reach your gut reaction opinion, so I'm not going to try. I suggest you just deal with it like you would any other disappointment. WE HAVE HEALTH CARE, and no amount of pouting or whining will change that. If it helps you to pout among other disappointed teabaggers, then by all means do that, but your troubled psyche will continue to be a problem for you until you come to terms with your loss. You did lose, and the country is better off because of that. Get over it.

Well, many of us didn't have healthcare before ACA. Millions who didn't have insurance now do. You will never be able to take that away from us, no matter how long you pout and hold your breath. Nobody ever said there wouldn't be changes or improvements to be made, and if your politicians ever come up with any reasonable ones, I'm sure they will be welcome. No need trying to convince you, but you really should try to get over it. I'm sure Obamacare can help you with some sort of therapy.

You're always talking about people taking it right in the ass or having things stuffed down their throats. You have every right to participate in what ever sex acts you want, but this is a political discussion. Other venues would be more appropriate for your sexual discussions.

So basically you are loving ObamaCare because someone else is subsidizing your healthcare? I hate to break this to you, Bulldog but don't be so sure about nobody being able to take that away from you. There is going to be a political price to pay for liberals who lied to the Middle Class about what this was going to cost them. The Middle Class were told that the ACA would lower their healthcare costs. That was a deliberate lie told to them by people like Professor Gruber. You may not have noticed but Democrats running for reelection are running away from ObamaCare. They've seen the writing on the wall...this is an issue that is going to be politically toxic to any Democrat that isn't in a dyed in the wool liberal district. When your average Middle Class voter finds out what it's going to cost THEM to subsidize YOU...they are going to go ballistic!

What makes you think somebody else is subsidizing my healthcare? I buy my own insurance out of my own pocket when no insurance would sell it to me for any price before. It's at a fair price too. You keep hoping for that mythical "political price to pay" if it helps you get past your loss, but you really do need to try to get past it for your own sake.

What makes you think somebody else is subsidizing my healthcare? I buy my own insurance out of my own pocket when no insurance would sell it to me for any price before. It's at a fair price too. You keep hoping for that mythical "political price to pay" if it helps you get past your loss, but you really do need to try to get past it for your own sake.

But you don't think anyone is subsidizing you? Typical clueless liberal!

OS 10392285
Saddam Hussein's "offers" were simply delaying tactics to give him more time, Notfooled

He offered in December 2002. First thing when the inspectors came in,

Delay for what. He had no WMD to turn over. Nothing to hide.

His only remedy besides letting inspectors in and cooperating which he did was to offer direct CIA access in order to expose the Bush Blair lies that WMD was being concealed from the inspectors.

Bush couldn't take up the offer because he probably knew he actually had no actionable intel to follow through on in Iraq.

He didn't have Iraqi agents in the Sudan asking about buying yellowcake uranium because he wanted to power Iraq with nuclear reactors. He was looking for a nuke.

The Niger Documents are known and accepted to have been forgeries. This fact was confirmed by the IAEA prior to the invasion.

There was no justification for war based on those documents.

I take it you had a pre-existing condition, Bulldog? Who do you think picks up the tab to cover that under your new "fair" price?

OS 10392285
Saddam Hussein's "offers" were simply delaying tactics to give him more time, Notfooled

He offered in December 2002. First thing when the inspectors came in,

Delay for what. He had no WMD to turn over. Nothing to hide.

His only remedy besides letting inspectors in and cooperating which he did was to offer direct CIA access in order to expose the Bush Blair lies that WMD was being concealed from the inspectors.

Bush couldn't take up the offer because he probably knew he actually had no actionable intel to follow through on in Iraq.

He didn't have Iraqi agents in the Sudan asking about buying yellowcake uranium because he wanted to power Iraq with nuclear reactors. He was looking for a nuke.

The Niger Documents are known and accepted to have been forgeries. This fact was confirmed by the IAEA prior to the invasion.

There was no justification for war based on those documents.

Are you stating as fact that Iraq was not trying to buy yellow cake?

Guy, you clowns have been screaming this song for six years now. and most people have the same health coverage they had in 2009. I know I do.

Here's the reality. If you didn't get really sick this year, you ARE subsidizing someone else's health care.

Either through paying for insurance, paying taxes or paying higher fees for the few services you do utilize because the hospital is making up for those people who show up at the ER and then vanish without ever paying their bill.

Now, there were ways ACA could have been better. We could have had a Medicare Buy In for those over 55. We could have had a public option. YOu guys didn't want to hear any of that. You just weren't going to let the black guy have a policy victory even if advocated the same policy you guys have been hyping for years.

But you don't think anyone is subsidizing you? Typical clueless liberal!

OK please tell me about this secret subsidy when I was told I didn't qualify for any subsidy. Is someone secretly depositing money in my bank, or perhaps sending in payments to my account?

Saddam Hussein's "offers" were simply delaying tactics to give him more time, Notfooled. It's the same game that Iran is playing with Barry now. Saddam Hussein was never going to change. He would have taken the money he was getting from selling black market oil to Russia and France and bought weapons. That's who he was...that's who he always would have been. He didn't have Iraqi agents in the Sudan asking about buying yellowcake uranium because he wanted to power Iraq with nuclear reactors. He was looking for a nuke.

Uh, guy, I think you are a little confused. The claim that he was trying to buy Yellowcake from NIGER was discounted by the CIA, so Bush cited British reports that weren't credible to scare dumb people into going along with his war.

So Saddam delayed a few months. Big whoop.

Point was, he didn't have weapons, and if Bush hadn't been in a big rush to go to war, he'd have found that out.

If he didn't know already and going to war was the point, not eliminating WMD's.

Good thing Bush didn't mention a video, though. That would have been serious.

I take it you had a pre-existing condition, Bulldog? Who do you think picks up the tab to cover that under your new "fair" price?

Picks up the tab for what? I told you I pay my own insurance. The ACA doesn't tell them they can't charge a little more for pre-existing conditions, only that they have to sell it.

Picks up the tab for what? I told you I pay my own insurance. The ACA doesn't tell them they can't charge a little more for pre-existing conditions, only that they have to sell it.

You don't have the faintest idea what's in the ACA...do you?

Forum List

Back