Republicans block repeal of 21 Billion Dollars in oil subsidies

You can bet that all those profits and tax breaks enjoyed by nobody else will result in no more jobs and they will not put the money back into the economy of the US. It seems people want some teacher making $50,000 to pay more for their benefits. Thats perfectly fine with me. But to ask the oil companies to pay their fair share is unthinkable. Something is wrong here. Wall street is not innocent either. Wall street is part of the problem as they are hurting and have been hurting this nation for many many years. They should have no protection whatsoever.

Sad little moron.

"All Those Profits" affect the stock price of the shares held by millions of Americans in their 401Ks, IRAs, and pension funds.

So they deserve corporate welfare on top of their profits......can't wait to check my 401k

How is it welfare for them to accelerate depreciation on capital equipment purchases similar to other heavy/manufacturing industries?

Nevermind answering. It's a rhetorical quesiton. You think that people or companies keeping money they have earned is a tax expenditure.

The heads of the five oil companies defended the tax breaks at a Senate hearing last week, saying they just want the same tax advantages enjoyed by other industries. The companies are Shell Oil Co., ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP America and Chevron Corp.

Together, they logged profits totaling $36 billion during the first quarter. The Democrats say that with profits that high, the big oil companies wouldn't miss tax breaks that average $2 billion a year.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce called the tax increases "misguided, unwarranted, and ultimately counterproductive."

Republicans argue that their bill, which is backed by the Chamber of Commerce, would increase domestic oil production, sending a signal to the market that could eventually lead to lower gas prices. Similar measures easily passed the Republican-controlled House.

The bill being voted on Tuesday would target only the five largest oil companies, raising about $21 billion over the same period.

Senate takes up bill repealing $2B oil tax breaks | KETK

Yes, that is the SAME Chamber of Commerce that worked with the Republican Party and the Chinese government to move 2.4 million jobs to China from 2001 to 2008. The same Chamber of Commerce that has received tens of millions from China. The same Chamber of Commerce that gave tens of millions to Republicans in the last election. According to the Chamber of Commerce, the money that came from China and the money they gave to Republicans are in "separate" accounts. Because of the Supreme Court ruling, The Chamber of Commerce are not obligated to say where the money they gave to Republicans came from. I've linked to all this stuff before. In fact, I even posted the "Invitation" that came from the China and the Chamber of Commerce inviting business owners to come to the sponsored seminars to learn how to outsource to China.

its a tax break, which many many different corps. get, across a myriad of products....

just another democratic jerk off for a failed energy policy.

It seems you have the attention span of a gnat and apparently cannot confine yourself to one topic at a time either....I need to put you on ignore.

Last edited:
Sad little moron.

"All Those Profits" affect the stock price of the shares held by millions of Americans in their 401Ks, IRAs, and pension funds.

So they deserve corporate welfare on top of their profits......can't wait to check my 401k

How is it welfare for them to accelerate depreciation on capital equipment purchases similar to other heavy/manufacturing industries?

Nevermind answering. It's a rhetorical quesiton. You think that people or companies keeping money they have earned is a tax expenditure.

Yup, obama said it straight out, in his convoluted marxist text, oops, in his framing of economics, probably learned at the knee of Uncle frank davis, a tax break or taxes not collected counts as spending, even jon stewart trashed him on that....

The heads of the five oil companies defended the tax breaks at a Senate hearing last week, saying they just want the same tax advantages enjoyed by other industries. The companies are Shell Oil Co., ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP America and Chevron Corp.

Together, they logged profits totaling $36 billion during the first quarter. The Democrats say that with profits that high, the big oil companies wouldn't miss tax breaks that average $2 billion a year.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce called the tax increases "misguided, unwarranted, and ultimately counterproductive."

Republicans argue that their bill, which is backed by the Chamber of Commerce, would increase domestic oil production, sending a signal to the market that could eventually lead to lower gas prices. Similar measures easily passed the Republican-controlled House.

The bill being voted on Tuesday would target only the five largest oil companies, raising about $21 billion over the same period.

Yes, that is the SAME Chamber of Commerce that worked with the Republican Party and the Chinese government to move 2.4 million jobs to China from 2001 to 2008. The same Chamber of Commerce that has received tens of millions from China. The same Chamber of Commerce that gave tens of millions to Republicans in the last election. According to the Chamber of Commerce, the money that came from China and the money they gave to Republicans are in "separate" accounts. Because of
the Supreme Court ruling, The Chamber of Commerce are not obligated to say where the money they gave to Republicans came from. I've linked to all this stuff before. In fact, I even posted the "Invitation" that came from the China and the Chamber of Commerce inviting business owners to come to the sponsored seminars to learn how to outsource to China.

Tell me something.

Why is it a subsidy if it goes to someone you do not like, and a tax break if it goes to someone you do?

Tell me something else, why is this bill being blatantly unconstitutional the least of Reid's worries?

Republicans may have a point that Democrats are playing politics with oil subsidies. To understand why, look no further than the fact that the bill Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will bring to the floor for a vote Tuesday evening doesn't pass basic constitutional muster.
"The question is if the bill passes the Senate, it will run into a blue-slip problem," Reid said at his weekly Capitol press conference. Blue slipping is the process the House uses to reject Senate bills that impact tax and spending.
Reid joked, "That's the least of my worries."

Democrats' Oil Subsidy Repeal Bill Is Actually Unconstitutional | TPMDC

Is that pesky Constitution getting in the way again? Maybe we should just rescind it and go directly to a lifetime presidency for Obama. It worked in Venezuela.

You can bet that all those profits and tax breaks enjoyed by nobody else will result in no more jobs and they will not put the money back into the economy of the US. It seems people want some teacher making $50,000 to pay more for their benefits. Thats perfectly fine with me. But to ask the oil companies to pay their fair share is unthinkable. Something is wrong here. Wall street is not innocent either. Wall street is part of the problem as they are hurting and have been hurting this nation for many many years. They should have no protection whatsoever.

Sad little moron.

Democrats don't care about the little guy, or old people, all they care about is the fat cats who keep them in office.

The key part of this is we have a witch hunt against a very profitable industry to deny that one industry tax incentives for accelerated investment.

This is not about revenue. It is about scapegoating and grandstanding. We do a bit of Kibuki and then jump on Republicans for being responsible.

We need more exploration, not less.

God knows the oil companies deserve our tax dollars. Who deserves it more......working stiffs or multimillion dollar corporations?

Thanks Republicans

The oil companies do not get your tax dollars, unlike the favorite industries of Democrats, which cannot survive without tax dollars because the people running them are all idiots.

Yes, that is the SAME Chamber of Commerce that worked with the Republican Party and the Chinese government to move 2.4 million jobs to China from 2001 to 2008. The same Chamber of Commerce that has received tens of millions from China. The same Chamber of Commerce that gave tens of millions to Republicans in the last election. According to the Chamber of Commerce, the money that came from China and the money they gave to Republicans are in "separate" accounts. Because of
the Supreme Court ruling, The Chamber of Commerce are not obligated to say where the money they gave to Republicans came from. I've linked to all this stuff before. In fact, I even posted the "Invitation" that came from the China and the Chamber of Commerce inviting business owners to come to the sponsored seminars to learn how to outsource to China.

Tell me something.

Why is it a subsidy if it goes to someone you do not like, and a tax break if it goes to someone you do?

Tell me something else, why is this bill being blatantly unconstitutional the least of Reid's worries?

Republicans may have a point that Democrats are playing politics with oil subsidies. To understand why, look no further than the fact that the bill Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will bring to the floor for a vote Tuesday evening doesn't pass basic constitutional muster.
"The question is if the bill passes the Senate, it will run into a blue-slip problem," Reid said at his weekly Capitol press conference. Blue slipping is the process the House uses to reject Senate bills that impact tax and spending.
Reid joked, "That's the least of my worries."

Democrats' Oil Subsidy Repeal Bill Is Actually Unconstitutional | TPMDC

Is that pesky Constitution getting in the way again? Maybe we should just rescind it and go directly to a lifetime presidency for Obama. It worked in Venezuela.

Maybe this is what these assholes want. SKIP the Constitution (that still IS the Rule of law)...

God knows the oil companies deserve our tax dollars. Who deserves it more......working stiffs or multimillion dollar corporations?

Thanks Republicans

*OIL* is the engine of this economy...Abruptly changing it to Wind turbines/Solar unproven TECH is fucking suicide...

Which is exactly why the oil industry doesn't need subsidies.

My question is, to anyone, if we are going to lose 21 billion in revenues in a subsidy for big oil,

who do you want to tax to make up that revenue loss?

Thanks Republicans

RW you DUMBASS...HOW do these companies GET money? Selling Products and services...And IF you don't want them getting RICH?

CEASE your commerce with them. YES, it's really that simple. Gubmint doesn't GIVE them a damned thing but a fucking headache.

Why is Obama such a fucking pussy now? He killed Osama, he should nationalize the Oil companies!!

in fact RW? If you don't LIKE IT? Cease driving. Buy a bike at the risk of making the BICYCLE Consortium RICH...

CEASE using your computer...all those plastics and all can't be good for the environment....Isn't GREEN because MOST power you garner is from COAL/OIL...Polluters that you HATE...but yet you give them MONEY and them complain of it...

Do you feel like a fucking hyporcrite yet?

*YOU SHOULD*

in fact RW? If you don't LIKE IT? Cease driving. Buy a bike at the risk of making the BICYCLE Consortium RICH...

CEASE using your computer...all those plastics and all can't be good for the environment....Isn't GREEN because MOST power you garner is from COAL/OIL...Polluters that you HATE...but yet you give them MONEY and them complain of it...

*YOU SHOULD*
I want to see every anti oil liberal stop using it. Even for just 1 year. Show us you really mean what you say for a change.

*YOU SHOULD*
I want to see every anti oil liberal stop using it. Even for just 1 year. Show us you really mean what you say for a change.

I want to see every conservative stop using the roads for a year.

Yes, that is the SAME Chamber of Commerce that worked with the Republican Party and the Chinese government to move 2.4 million jobs to China from 2001 to 2008. The same Chamber of Commerce that has received tens of millions from China. The same Chamber of Commerce that gave tens of millions to Republicans in the last election. According to the Chamber of Commerce, the money that came from China and the money they gave to Republicans are in "separate" accounts. Because of the Supreme Court ruling, The Chamber of Commerce are not obligated to say where the money they gave to Republicans came from. I've linked to all this stuff before. In fact, I even posted the "Invitation" that came from the China and the Chamber of Commerce inviting business owners to come to the sponsored seminars to learn how to outsource to China.

Make that 2 Billion a year, not 21 Billion.

I know you hate it Dean, but most of the American People do not think it is a good idea to do anything at all that may cause further increasing of Gas Prices. Period.

I watch a lot of C-SPAN....

Missed this one but republicans didn't vote to give oil companies welfare.

Cite the bill please...

I would like to read it before I pass judgement on it..

*YOU SHOULD*

Why is that when Obama said the same thing, more gently, you had a fit? Now you are saying the same thing (more harsh) and it's all good?

Forum List

Back