Republicans baffled by Katie Britt’s State of the Union response: ‘One of our biggest disasters’

1710092008397.png

Katie Britt’s Republican response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address drew reactions ranging from the baffled to the satirical to the appalled, even among fellow rightwingers.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

“It’s one of our biggest disasters ever,” another unnamed Republican strategist told the Daily Beast.

Delivering the official State of the Union response can be a thankless task, as the former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and the Florida senator Marco Rubio, deliverers of previously panned speeches, would ruefully attest.

Nonetheless, the 42-year-old Alabama senator is a rising Republican star, widely respected on Capitol Hill and her selection to respond to Biden was a golden opportunity to introduce herself to the wider American electorate.

In his address Biden used his bully pulpit effectively, attacking Republicans in a fiery speech and inviting a strong response. But Britt’s speech, delivered with overt theatricality, oscillating in tone between the wholesome and the wholly horrific, did not land well even in her own party.

Charlie Kirk, founder of the far-right Turning Point USA youth group, said: “I’m sure Katie Britt is a sweet mom and person, but this speech is not what we need. Joe Biden just declared war on the American right and Katie Britt is talking like she’s hosting a cooking show, whispering about how Democrats ‘dont get it’.”

Republicans baffled by Katie Brittâs State of the Union response: âOne of our biggest disastersâ

What the hell was that speech? This was supposed to be a rebuttal to the president? LOL. Seems like someone in a witness protection program is appealing for help! That dark kitchen, the whispers. Jindal, Rubio, and now this. Republicans really suck at media management.

I was completely creeped out by her saying how the opportunities and rights available to her as a young adult were no longer there for her children, who won't have the same choices or chances that she had - all while smiling sweetily into the camera as if she was in a toothpaste commercial.

It seems someone said something in her ear about the smiling because suddenly she looked really serious as she talked about the crime, and lack of opportunity, but that toothpaste commercial smile kept slipping back onto her face as she talked about sex trafficking, high crime rates, and out of control inflation.

She looked like a Barbie doll reading words off a script without the slightest idea of what she was saying. Her speech was such a stark reminder of the failure of Republican tax and social policy over the past 40 years and why no woman should be voting Republican.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.
Yeah, that was weird. I don't know whose bright idea that was, or who signed off on it.

I'd still put it second to the time Don Jr.'s girlfriend screamed her speech like a fuckin' banshee to an empty studio.

But yeah, that was weird.

3718332ca060b2fc89fd7cf7f8b33bcc83-24-kimberlyscreams.jpg

Thank you M'58.
I had forgotten that fav performance.
The ghosting of Don't Cry For Me Argentina by Evita Guilfoyle.
That too, was comedy gold.

1. I will still give Melissa Carone (Rudy's Chardonnay sommelier) the Oscar. THAT was gold...both her, and SNL's version of her.
  2. Runner up---would be earnest Senator Britt. (mainly because she's a Senator and more important that a mere girlfriend).
  3. Then honorable mention to Fredo's girlfriend, Ms. Guilfoyle.

I love this bar!

1710100098272.png

1710100517139.png
  4. 1710100648193.png

Biden was asked if he watched Senator Britt. He said he watched a little, but he "didn't get it".

Is that woman supposed to be the rising star of the GOP. Her delivery was embarrassing and ridiculous, she was able however to elicit the most overwhelming amount of mockery and ridicule around the world. She will forever be remembered for that performance. Looks like she was trying to impress the disgraced donald j thug, very ironic that maga cult is so invested in highlighting sexual abuse and rape when their cult leader, donald thug was fined hundreds of millions for raping a woman, has dozens of accusers that report sexual abuse/rape. while he confessed to "Access Hollywood" that he assaults women by grabbing them by the pussy...
1710144517792.png

What is bizarre is that you get your news from tic tokers…in particular ones that think a story a woman shared about something that happened to her as a 12 year old child was in the last three years.
Because, Q-NUT, because THAT is what the rebuttal of the current president is about and what Britt was insinuating.

Because, Q-NUT, because THAT is what the rebuttal of the current president is about and what Britt was insinuating.
No it wasn’t, she literally said the age and when she met the person.

She couldn’t of been more clear. There was no insinuating

Keep getting your “news” from tic tok….

Aren’t you the idiot that didn’t realize there were three branches of govt? Haha

No it wasn’t, she literally said the age and when she met the person.
WTF, Q-NUT?

It wasn't the age of the girl, you dumbass.

Katie Britt defends sex trafficking story she falsely links to Biden presidency​

Republican denied hiding fact that the abuse she referred to in her State of the Union rebuttal had actually occurred during Bush era

In her first interview since delivering her widely ridiculed rebuttal to Joe Biden’s State of the Union speech, Republican senator Katie Britt refused to apologize for invoking a story about child rape that she implied resulted from the president’s handling of the ongoing crisis at the southern US border – even though the abuse occurred years earlier in Mexico while her party controlled the White House.

“I very specifically said … I very clearly said I spoke to a woman who told me about when she was trafficked when she was 12. So I didn’t say a teenager – I didn’t say a young woman,” Britt replied after being asked whether she intended to give the impression that the abuse occurred under the Biden administration’s watch. “[It was] a grown woman … trafficked when she was 12.”

Britt, 42, appeared on Fox News Sunday and denied hiding the fact that the rape and sex trafficking case to which she referred had actually occurred during the presidency of George W Bush.

She couldn’t of been more clear. There was no insinuating
You're, as usual FOS.
Keep getting your “news” from tic tok….
Anything is more truthful than FOX or "Truth" Social.
Aren’t you the idiot that didn’t realize there were three branches of govt? Haha

WTF, Q-NUT?

It wasn't the age of the girl, you dumbass.

Katie Britt defends sex trafficking story she falsely links to Biden presidency​

Republican denied hiding fact that the abuse she referred to in her State of the Union rebuttal had actually occurred during Bush era

In her first interview since delivering her widely ridiculed rebuttal to Joe Biden’s State of the Union speech, Republican senator Katie Britt refused to apologize for invoking a story about child rape that she implied resulted from the president’s handling of the ongoing crisis at the southern US border – even though the abuse occurred years earlier in Mexico while her party controlled the White House.

“I very specifically said … I very clearly said I spoke to a woman who told me about when she was trafficked when she was 12. So I didn’t say a teenager – I didn’t say a young woman,” Britt replied after being asked whether she intended to give the impression that the abuse occurred under the Biden administration’s watch. “[It was] a grown woman … trafficked when she was 12.”

Britt, 42, appeared on Fox News Sunday and denied hiding the fact that the rape and sex trafficking case to which she referred had actually occurred during the presidency of George W Bush.

You're, as usual FOS.

Anything is more truthful than FOX or "Truth" Social.
what part of the girl being 12 didn't you or the tic toker understand?

Forum List

Back