Republicans are pushing a new bill to let Americans keep their health insurance plans

I just wish the Republicans would do something, anything at all with their time in congress. They really don't do anything except object to whatever the Democrats want to do.

Not that congress historically ever goes out of their way to work but there hasn't been anything even remotely resembling work there in the longest time...

Decades. :)

I just wish the Republicans would do something, anything at all with their time in congress. They really don't do anything except object to whatever the Democrats want to do.

Not that congress historically ever goes out of their way to work but there hasn't been anything even remotely resembling work there in the longest time...

Decades. :)

They're off all next week too.

Not one of you wingnuts have bothered to ask the obvious question: Why are some people losing their health plans?
The reason is that the ACA has standards that apply to what insurance a person can carry. IF their current insurance plan does not meet those standards the people with the plans will be forced to purchase better plans.
For example, some people have plans which cost around $54 dollars a month. That sounds like a really great deal except the plan covers almost nothing. For example, in some cases the plan does not even cover x-rays, CAT scans, MRI's, or ultra-sounds. Not only that but the plans have high deductables and exclude many serious illnesses. I believe they are referred to in the business as "junk insurance policies."

In other words, some people HAVE health insurance in name only. Their plans cover almost nothing and will not protect them in the event of a serious illness or accident.
Another fact that is being CONVENIENTLY ignored is that many of the people who cannot pay for higher insurance plans can often get help from the subsidies built into the plan.
Typically the republicans are telling half of the story and, as usual, twisting that half. It constantly amazes me that republicans feel that it is okay to lie and spread false information to try to force their ideas on others. I would expect such behavior if I were in the mid-east and haggling with some arab street merchant. I expect better from the citizens of this country.

And you are ignoring a truth. The citizens would have a choice.

Perhaps the Republicans should have just sat on their hands as the Democrats were doing, just still claiming everything is fine.

But it's not their way. If they had some input in this boondoggle, there would have been a working website and people would not be losing their insurance all over the place. But Pelosi, et al could handle it, and look at what we have.

They should draw attention to the problems. Relentlessly.

Then they need to draft alternate legislation that keeps the positive aspects of Obamacare and eliminates the rest.

Excuse me but when have the republicans in the House spent any time trying to draft any legislation other than repealing ACA? As I recall the have voted 41 times on that issue so far. Oh, and bear in mind that they recently voted to defund ACORN. Someone needs to inform that that ACORN has been shut down since 2010.
If I understand correctly the House is only scheduled to be in session about 30 days between now and Christmas. Boehner has stated that they may have to cut back on those days. So, when can we expect that alternate legislation?

What's the rush?

Obama had 3 and 1/2 years and couldn't build a fucking website...let that sink in for a while.

When your opponent is hanging himself, don't take away the rope.

:lol:

spin away son....

Consider this, a woman in Florida is losing her insurance plan. Here are some details:
"That includes 56-year-old Dianne Barrette. Last month, she received a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she's being offered would run $591 a month -- 10 times more than what she currently pays."
She was paying $54 dollars a month. Currently the average cost for a one day hospital stay is around $1850/day. Exactly how much insurance are you buying when you pay $54 dollars a month. I do not care if she had Blue Cross Blue Shield. A $54 a month insurance policy isn't worth shit. Read the article at the following link for prospective.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2012/03/junk-health-insurance/index.htm
The link is from Consumer Reports which is as non-partisan as one can get.

I pay $186 a month for my Blue Cross retirement insurance. Coverage is the same as the employees get. And there is no cap. It just paid $8,000 that neither Medicare no medigap covered. You do not know what you are talking about. A group health plan costs what the company you work for wants it to cost. They pick up about 1/2 of the premium if the don't underwrite their own, which the government and a lot of large corporations do. When they underwrite their own, the company just pays the claims and the insurance company only administers the program.
First of all, we are NOT speaking of people who are covered by their employers. We are speaking of people who have purchased low cost plans.
Second, all and all, if it comes to a choice I will believe what the people at Consumer Reports say before I will believe you.
I suggest you take time to read the link I posted. I will post it again.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2012/03/junk-health-insurance/index.htmConsumer Reports is well know for giving honest and unbiased reports.

The millions of people who have suddenly lost their insurance coverage are going to remember Obama promised them this would not happen.
And the Democrats are going to pay the price for that.

The issue ad writes itself. ;)

oh yes they will, it won't be pretty come voting time..why do you think people like ron and a few others here, are spinning so HARD
come on people you can do it, kick them all out...do us all a favor

:clap2:

Well ron is a newby. I'd guess he is the newest iteration of she who shall not be named. Bought and paid for by the DNC.
Gosh, I wish I were bought and paid for by the DNC. If they offered I would take their money in an instant.
But what you forgot to say sunshine is that Ron (me) is the only one on this thread who has provided any links to prove his arguments. The rest of the people on this board have made numerous statements without providing a single bit of proof.

Why does it have to talk about the subsidies? Assuming she even has any, the bottom line is that a policy she once had that only cost $54 is now costing more than $500 more a month because of this law. Regardless of whether or not she is paying the whole difference or the rest of us are picking up the tab for her, how the hell is that a win for anyone, you drooling drone? :eusa_drool:
You apparently can not see how this problem affects you. Let me try to explain.
Suppose this gal keeps her $54/month policy and suppose she has a catastrophic accident or illness. Such an illness can create bills up in the mid six figure range. $54 policies come with limits which means the insurance company MIGHT pay a $1000 or two. THERE IS NO WAY AN INSURANCE COMPANY IS GOING TO PAY A $400,000 BILL FOR A PERSON WITH A $54 DOLLAR A MONTH POLICY. The rest of the bill falls on her back. If she cannot or will not pay her bill the hospital suffers a huge loss. To cover that loss they raise their rates. After all, hospitals are business' and they are there to make a profit. If the hospital raises its rates the insurance company has to pay more. They are a business also and their goal is to make money. To cover the hospitals raise in rates the insurance company must raise its rates. In other words, IF YOU ARE ACTING RESPONSIBILY AND HAVE PURCHASES INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOUSELF YOU ARE NOW FORCED TO PAY HIGHER RATES BECAUSE SOME DEADBEAT PURCHASED A $54/MON POLICY. I'm curious, do you like the idea of watching your insurance rates go up because other people are irresponsibly? I don't.

I think this loser was on here wearing a different sock droning on and on about the Martin Zimmerman trial. Sounds just like him.
Sunshine, First of all, I have never used any other name on the boards other than ron4342. I used that name for years on A0L and I used it on Lafora. There is only one of me. Think what you will or don't think at all (which is probably what you are best at)
Second, your failure to challenge my posts and resorting to insulting me shows that you have nothing of value to offer.
Third, I am sorry it offends you if I prefer to act like an adult and not resort to childish name calling. I could lower myself to the level of others and start calling names if I so wished. For example, I could call you an asshole or a stupid bitch or even a dipshit but then I would be behaving like a wingnut. It is people who behave like you who have made me want to leave the republican party. I am not alone in my feelings.

Pols push 'Keep Your Health Plan Act' as files show gov't knew millions could lose coverage

House Republicans are pushing a new bill to let Americans keep their health insurance plans following revelations that the Obama administration knew millions could lose their current coverage due to changes from the Affordable Care Act.

Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., was introducing the "Keep Your Health Plan Act" in a bid to address widespread reports of people losing their current plans. CBS News reported Monday that more than 2 million Americans have already been told they can't renew their policies.

"This legislation is about providing folks the peace of mind that they will be allowed to keep their current coverage if they so choose," Upton said in a statement. The bill would allow plans sold on the market today to continue to be available.

The document addressed a rule in the law that states individual policies purchased on or before March 23, 2010 would be "grandfathered" -- or exempt from changes required under ObamaCare. However, the provision was changed so that plans that undergo "significant changes" could lose that special status

Pols push 'Keep Your Health Plan Act' as files show gov't knew millions could lose coverage | Fox News

The Republicans will try to keep Obama honest. A difficult task, indeed.:eusa_angel:

Hell yea, a bill to force the liar to make good on his word for once. I like it.
Hummmm ,,,,, You want the House to pass "a bill to force the liar to make good on his word for once." It is a great idea except for a few small problems. One of them is that the House is only scheduled to be in session 15 - 20 days between now and Christmas. In fact, boehner has already stated they may have to cut back on the scheduled days. Plus I am sure they will try to repeal ACA before the end of the year. Maybe the 42 time they try might be the charm. And then they may want to once again defund ACORN again. They did so about a month ago. Apparently they did not receive the memo that ACORN was shut down back in 2010;
The bottom line is this, THE REPUBLICANS IN THE HOUSE MAKE THE KEYSTONE COPS LOOK LIKE A PRECISION POLICE UNIT. Pass a bill to hold Obama to something, SHIT!!!! I doubt if they could find their ass if they had teams of proctologists giving them on the spot directions.

Perhaps the Republicans should have just sat on their hands as the Democrats were doing, just still claiming everything is fine.

But it's not their way. If they had some input in this boondoggle, there would have been a working website and people would not be losing their insurance all over the place. But Pelosi, et al could handle it, and look at what we have.

The GOP, bub, refused to participate.

Dems to Bypass GOP On Health Compromise
House and Senate Democrats intend to bypass traditional procedures when they negotiate a final compromise on health care legislation, officials said Monday, a move that will exclude Republican lawmakers and reduce their ability to delay or force politically troubling votes in both houses.

The unofficial timetable calls for final passage of the measure to remake the nation's health care system by the time President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union address, probably in early February.

Democratic aides said the final compromise talks would essentially be a three-way negotiation involving top Democrats in the House and Senate and the White House, a structure that gives unusual latitude to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California.
Newsmax!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!! Are you serious?? I would not insult you by posting a link to a leftist sewer site. I refuse to go to either left wing or right wing sewer sites because they are basically sites dedicated to publishing lies. Apparently you have no problem with them. When I want a huge helping of right wing bullshit I will go to newsmax.

It isn't going to fail, you all just want it to fail. See the difference?
unicorn_and_rainbow-1842.jpg

Yeah, that's why this thread is chock full of right wingnuts ... :cuckoo:
OH YA... this thread is full of CUCKOOS alright... or translated:

Yeah, that's why this thread is chock full of PEOPLE POINTING OUT MY MESSIAH'S LIES.

And that is why you are here, doing your level best to name call, deflect, cover and LIE yourself for your boi king. Well, we know, but we also know that just makes you a fucking idiot.

You mad? :lol:

This law came to the floor by Republicans how many times now? It isn't going to fail, you all just want it to fail. See the difference?

The difference?

It's not a matter of it failing or when. It already has.

You apparently can not see how this problem affects you. Let me try to explain.
Suppose this gal keeps her $54/month policy and suppose she has a catastrophic accident or illness. Such an illness can create bills up in the mid six figure range. $54 policies come with limits which means the insurance company MIGHT pay a $1000 or two. THERE IS NO WAY AN INSURANCE COMPANY IS GOING TO PAY A $400,000 BILL FOR A PERSON WITH A $54 DOLLAR A MONTH POLICY. The rest of the bill falls on her back. If she cannot or will not pay her bill the hospital suffers a huge loss. To cover that loss they raise their rates. After all, hospitals are business' and they are there to make a profit. If the hospital raises its rates the insurance company has to pay more. They are a business also and their goal is to make money. To cover the hospitals raise in rates the insurance company must raise its rates. In other words, IF YOU ARE ACTING RESPONSIBILY AND HAVE PURCHASES INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOUSELF YOU ARE NOW FORCED TO PAY HIGHER RATES BECAUSE SOME DEADBEAT PURCHASED A $54/MON POLICY. I'm curious, do you like the idea of watching your insurance rates go up because other people are irresponsibly? I don't.

I think this loser was on here wearing a different sock droning on and on about the Martin Zimmerman trial. Sounds just like him.
Sunshine, First of all, I have never used any other name on the boards other than ron4342. I used that name for years on A0L and I used it on Lafora. There is only one of me. Think what you will or don't think at all (which is probably what you are best at)
Second, your failure to challenge my posts and resorting to insulting me shows that you have nothing of value to offer.
Third, I am sorry it offends you if I prefer to act like an adult and not resort to childish name calling. I could lower myself to the level of others and start calling names if I so wished. For example, I could call you an asshole or a stupid bitch or even a dipshit but then I would be behaving like a wingnut. It is people who behave like you who have made me want to leave the republican party. I am not alone in my feelings.

Why is it the most rabid progressives always claim to be former Republicans?

House and Senate Democrats intend to bypass traditional procedures when they negotiate a final compromise on health care legislation, officials said Monday, a move that will exclude Republican lawmakers and reduce their ability to delay or force politically troubling votes in both houses.

The unofficial timetable calls for final passage of the measure to remake the nation's health care system by the time President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union address, probably in early February.

Democratic aides said the final compromise talks would essentially be a three-way negotiation involving top Democrats in the House and Senate and the White House, a structure that gives unusual latitude to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California.
Newsmax!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!! Are you serious?? I would not insult you by posting a link to a leftist sewer site. I refuse to go to either left wing or right wing sewer sites because they are basically sites dedicated to publishing lies. Apparently you have no problem with them. When I want a huge helping of right wing bullshit I will go to newsmax.

Can you pull your undies out of your backside please? This posting in bold makes you look like a mental case. Well, I take that back, a liberal.

Why do the most rabid liberals/progressives post in boldface?

If you'd read the whole article, you'd have seen this at the bottom and avoided looking like a total idiot:
© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Dumbass.

It makes their posts more truer, and you MUST believe them. Or you're a racist.

Or some retarded shit like that. :lol:

This is NOT bold.

This is bold.

Forum List

Back