Republicans are pushing a new bill to let Americans keep their health insurance plans

Very cheap health insurance invariably covers only serious illness or accident.
Very cheap health insurance covers almost nothing. It is impossible for an insurance company to make a profit off a person who is paying $54 a month and who could easily run up a six figure hospital bill in a couple of weeks. Currently the average cost for a one (1) day hospital stay is around $1850. The bottom line is the cheap health insurance pollicies are not much better than no policy. The cheap policies have limits on what will be paid and exclusions on many major health problems. Several states have filed law suits against companies offering cheap health insurance.
Check out the link below for an overview on cheap health insurance. The link is to Consumer Reports which is as non-partisan as one can get.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2012/03/junk-health-insurance/index.htm

My last hospitalization was $62,000 for 7 days.

Obama lied, people will now die because of it

Pfffft. It's not like the Democrat Death Cult gives a shit about people.
Maybe we should switch to the republican health care plan. Oh, that's right, THERE IS NO REPUBLICAN HEALTH CARE PLAN. Makes me wonder who has a Death Cult, the people people who are trying to solve a problem or the people who want to do nothing and watch prices spiral out of control.
Maybe you should stop listening to your fellow progressives. They lie.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPlan_061709.pdf

Perhaps the Republicans should have just sat on their hands as the Democrats were doing, just still claiming everything is fine.

But it's not their way. If they had some input in this boondoggle, there would have been a working website and people would not be losing their insurance all over the place. But Pelosi, et al could handle it, and look at what we have.

The GOP, bub, refused to participate.

Dems to Bypass GOP On Health Compromise
House and Senate Democrats intend to bypass traditional procedures when they negotiate a final compromise on health care legislation, officials said Monday, a move that will exclude Republican lawmakers and reduce their ability to delay or force politically troubling votes in both houses.

The unofficial timetable calls for final passage of the measure to remake the nation's health care system by the time President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union address, probably in early February.

Democratic aides said the final compromise talks would essentially be a three-way negotiation involving top Democrats in the House and Senate and the White House, a structure that gives unusual latitude to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California.​

I just wish the Republicans would do something, anything at all with their time in congress. They really don't do anything except object to whatever the Democrats want to do.

Not that congress historically ever goes out of their way to work but there hasn't been anything even remotely resembling work there in the longest time...
Perhaps you're unaware that the GOP is under no obligation to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda. They represent their constituents, not the Democratic Party.

well there ya have it, we should just all forgive these lying bastards and move along..Pelosi, you had to pass it to SEE WHAT'S IN IT

SNIP:

Hoyer: Dems knew some patients would lose insurance plans under ObamaCare

By Mike Lillis - 10/29/13 01:38 PM ET

Democrats knew all along that some patients would lose their health insurance plans under the new law, Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) acknowledged on Tuesday.

Although President Obama had vowed repeatedly that, under his signature healthcare initiative, those who like their plans could keep them, millions of patients are reportedly in individual plans that don't meet the law's minimum coverage criteria, forcing them to buy better insurance.

Hoyer, the House minority whip, said Democrats were aware that such a shift was coming. He defended the change by arguing that those patients would ultimately benefit by getting better insurance, many of them at a lower price than they currently pay.
"We knew that there would be some policies that would not qualify, and therefore people would be required to get more extensive coverage," Hoyer said during a press briefing in the Capitol.

The promise that patients could retain their current coverage was designed, Hoyer said, "to allay the fears of somebody that had insurance — group insurance, for the most part — that do meet the criteria."

"We've used that [message] in trying to allay the fears of people who have group policies or significant coverage … through their employer, which was the overwhelming number," he said. "I think we could have caveated [to say], 'Unless you have coverage that's insufficient to accomplish the objectives of giving you adequate, quality healthcare.'"

Pressed as to whether Obama and the Democrats misled the public on the topic, Hoyer conceded the party's message could have been better articulated.

"I don't think the message was wrong. I think the message was accurate. But it was not precise enough," he said. "Clearly, it should have been caveated with, 'Assuming you have a policy that, in fact, does do what the bill is designed to do.' "

Under the 2010 healthcare law, insurance plans have to cover a basic scope of services to be considered viable under the individual mandate.

On Monday, NBC News reported that at least half of the 14 million Americans who have individual coverage are in plans that don't meet those minimum standards.

Republicans have pounced on the news, arguing that the broken promise is just another reason to scrap the entire law.

ALL of it here with SCATHING comments...
Read more: Hoyer: Dems knew some patients would lose insurance plans under ObamaCare - The Hill's Healthwatch
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

That isn't true. I have a friend who has a high deductible plan and an HSA. She pays all her routine stuff out of pocket and it doesn't cost anywhere close to what a $500/month premium would add up to. And if I understand it correctly the ACA is itself high deductible.

Pols push 'Keep Your Health Plan Act' as files show gov't knew millions could lose coverage

House Republicans are pushing a new bill to let Americans keep their health insurance plans following revelations that the Obama administration knew millions could lose their current coverage due to changes from the Affordable Care Act.

Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., was introducing the "Keep Your Health Plan Act" in a bid to address widespread reports of people losing their current plans. CBS News reported Monday that more than 2 million Americans have already been told they can't renew their policies.

"This legislation is about providing folks the peace of mind that they will be allowed to keep their current coverage if they so choose," Upton said in a statement. The bill would allow plans sold on the market today to continue to be available.

The document addressed a rule in the law that states individual policies purchased on or before March 23, 2010 would be "grandfathered" -- or exempt from changes required under ObamaCare. However, the provision was changed so that plans that undergo "significant changes" could lose that special status

Pols push 'Keep Your Health Plan Act' as files show gov't knew millions could lose coverage | Fox News

The Republicans will try to keep Obama honest. A difficult task, indeed.:eusa_angel:

Hell yea, a bill to force the liar to make good on his word for once. I like it.

I could care less who g5000 is or what he has done. I did not call s/he/it any names and I reserve the right to respond or not to respond to anyone who calls me names. That type of behavior is what I would expect on the playground.

Aww.....poor widdle biddy baby, he got 'cawed a name.' Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo :eusa_boohoo:

awww, the big bad ron turns into a sniveling baby

And POOF he's gone.

If I had known calling him out for being 25 Caliber would have gotten rid of that troll so fast I would have done it sooner.

Last edited:
I thought the Republican plan was to go to emergency when feeling poorly?

They should draw attention to the problems. Relentlessly.

Then they need to draft alternate legislation that keeps the positive aspects of Obamacare and eliminates the rest.

Very true

You can see the beginning of panic in the left and Obama apologists.
They want to tinker around the margins to fix a very bad program.

First, this would only give cover for them to try and pass some of the stink of
Obamacare off to them

Second, how can anyone deal with Democrats who have become so extreme since their moderates got kicked out for supporting Obamacare

Third, we see how from top to bottom, Papa Obama to the democrats in Congress
they all lied to the America people.

So the left and Obama apologists would want the GOP to think they would bargain in good faith-

Sure, a bunch of leftists extremists who lie to the American people

The wheels are coming off the bus, the democrats are panic mood,
the best thing is let them have to deal with the problem and lies to the American people.

Since the House will stay out of the extreme left's hands, real reform is only going to happen if the Senate goes back into GOP hands and they are able to present a realistic and less extreme attempt than Papa Obama care

Yeah, that's why this thread is chock full of right wingnuts ... :cuckoo:
Can you explain why Obamacare is such a success, without your explanation boiling down to "Because Obama!"?

Very true

Obamacare off to them

Second, how can anyone deal with Democrats who have become so extreme since their moderates got kicked out for supporting Obamacare

So the left and Obama apologists would want the GOP to think they would bargain in good faith-

the best thing is let them have to deal with the problem and lies to the American people.

Since the House will stay out of the extreme left's hands, real reform is only going to happen if the Senate goes back into GOP hands and they are able to present a realistic and less extreme attempt than Papa Obama care

Can you explain why Obamacare is such a success, without your explanation boiling down to "Because Obama!"?

She can't even explain her choice of latte! I can't believe you acknowledged her existence when both sides were so effectively ignoring her.

Last edited:
Yup and I wonder what they are going to do when all those young "haves" decide to pay the penalty??

The ACA will sink under its own weight.

Many young ones will pay the penalty and not because they have a choice. The premiums for some is insanely high and they simply can't afford it. That batshit crazy bitch, Pelosi, believes jail is a reasonable punishment for those who can't afford the penalty either.

I wish it would collapse on it's own, but I fear the administration already has a plan and this is just the first stage. Obamacare won't work and it's designed that way. People are already worse off because of this and it's just the beginning. Before long, the liberals will come out and admit it's a total failure, for which they will blame others, and then will come single payer since that has been the goal all along. They will claim that the only way to fix things is to allow the government to take complete control. They knew people would lose their insurance, their jobs and even their homes. They knew unemployment would rise to records levels and stay that way. They knew the middle class would take the brunt of it. This isn't a surprise to any of the drafters of ACA. This is a result of years of studying Alinsky tactics and the Cloward-Piven strategy. This is going just as planned, so don't be fooled by accusations of incompetence. Sadly, they know exactly what they are doing and they are doing it well.

Obamacare has never been about making health care affordable or reducing costs. It was simply about forcing the people to cede more freedom to pave the way for a complete tear down of capitalism. That has been the goal of the far left for decades and thanks to their successful creation of a large population of mindless idiot government dependents, they are finally able to proceed with their plans because their useful idiots are being used against the middle class. Anyone with an understanding of history knows that a middle class cannot exist for a dictatorship to become a reality.

It's no coincidence that Obama appointed many radicals to his cabinet. Communists, American-hating Muslims and others are contributors to every law and policy we have now. People who can't stand us are running the show. The last 5 years has been an assault on America, particularly our constitution and bill of rights. Those cannot stand in the new America that Obama and his ilk have planned.

Last edited:

That was their plan. They have no idea what the average American may be going through at any given moment. Moments of crisis confound them even more.

That was their plan. They have no idea what the average American may be going through at any given moment. Moments of crisis confound them even more.

Yeah, speaking of crisis, what will happen when December 1st rolls around and the website is still down?

They should draw attention to the problems. Relentlessly.

Then they need to draft alternate legislation that keeps the positive aspects of Obamacare and eliminates the rest.

Very true

Obamacare off to them

OH YA... this thread is full of CUCKOOS alright... or translated:

Yeah, that's why this thread is chock full of PEOPLE POINTING OUT MY MESSIAH'S LIES.

And that is why you are here, doing your level best to name call, deflect, cover and LIE yourself for your boi king. Well, we know, but we also know that just makes you a fucking idiot.

Very true

Obamacare off to them

Yeah, that's why this thread is chock full of PEOPLE POINTING OUT MY MESSIAH'S LIES.

And that is why you are here, doing your level best to name call, deflect, cover and LIE yourself for your boi king. Well, we know, but we also know that just makes you a fucking idiot.

Didn't Papa Obama once say something about a pig...
what was it?
:eusa_whistle:

carepig-i5729.jpg

Very true

Obamacare off to them

You mad? :lol:

This law came to the floor by Republicans how many times now? It isn't going to fail, you all just want it to fail. See the difference?

Forum List

Back