Republicans aiding and abetting terrorists

No moron, YOU don't get to dictate for others... it should be EVERY American workers right to organize...to join or not join a union...

So why do the Dums want to take this away via "card check" legislation??
Because the Democratic Party is the party of Fuck You. You dont want a union dictating what terms you work under and stealing your salary? Fuck you!

To right wing nut jobs negotiating better pay = stealing your salary:cuckoo:

Since when is a union necessary to negotiate better pay?? Funny.. I am non-union and I negotiate my pay constantly... and if I do not receive what I feel I deserve in compensation, I exercise my right to seek another place of employment that will

What next?? Calling for a union for the military personnel employed by our government??

Yes..the person Obama has appointed has very good credentials but he is being stonewalled by the Republicans.

The acting administrator doesn't have any real power to make changes.

Like Bolton was stonewalled?

Can you say hypocrite?

So why do the Dums want to take this away via "card check" legislation??
Because the Democratic Party is the party of Fuck You. You dont want a union dictating what terms you work under and stealing your salary? Fuck you!

Since when is a union necessary to negotiate better pay?? Funny.. I am non-union and I negotiate my pay constantly... and if I do not receive what I feel I deserve in compensation, I exercise my right to seek another place of employment that will

What next?? Calling for a union for the military personnel employed by our government??

He who represents himself has a fool for a client.:lol:

Where is this job tree you just move on to when you do not receive what you feel you deserve in this day and age of 10% unemployment?

who's running the tsa? No one, thanks to sen. Jim demint

by margaret talev | mcclatchy newspapers

r-jim-demint-large.jpg

washington — an attempt to blow up a trans-atlantic flight from amsterdam to detroit on christmas day would be all-consuming for the administrator of the transportation security administration — if there were one.

The post remains vacant because sen. Jim demint, r-s.c., has held up president barack obama's nominee in opposition to the prospect of tsa workers joining a labor union.

As al qaida claimed responsibility monday for the thwarted attack and president barack obama made a public statement about it, democrats urged demint to drop his objection and allow quick confirmation of nominee erroll southers, a counterterrorism expert, when the senate reconvenes in three weeks.
---
southers, a former fbi special agent, is the los angeles world airports police department assistant chief for homeland security and intelligence. He also is the associate director of the university of southern california's center for risk and economic analysis of terrorism events, and he served as a deputy director of homeland security for california republican gov. Arnold schwarzenegger.

Two senate committees have given southers their bipartisan blessing. An acting administrator is in place pending his confirmation.

Marshall mcclain, the president of the los angeles airport peace officers association, said that the senate should have acted sooner to confirm southers.

"friday's terrorist attack on u.s. Aviation makes it all the more imperative that there be no further delays in filling this crucial position," he said.

who's running the tsa? No one, thanks to sen. Jim demint | mcclatchy

epic fail !!!!!!!!!

Where is this job tree you just move on to when you do not receive what you feel you deserve in this day and age of 10% unemployment?

using a lawyer term?? Give me a break

Funny.. in 10% unemployment I found a job just 2 months ago and received a 7% raise to do it... you see.. when you advance your skills and reputation, you put yourself in demand... when you are an ignorant lazy fuck, you need a union to save your job while you bitch about management and get paid higher amounts for a job that a gibbon could do

The burden is on Obama to get a director. He hasn't managed to do so. But, we have second and even third attempts at other appointees from the administration in other areas where ease of appointment was questionable.

Not in transportation safety, though. Eleven months. :eek:

LOL That's funny considering that the conservatives were trying to blame gore and the democrats for holding up the election in 2000 which prevented W from getting his people in place and therefore prevented him from being able to stop 9/11. LOL Why wasn't the burden on W then?
Furthermore, Back when W was president, it was the dems fault W couldn't get people into positions becuase they were obstructing and republicans were threatening the nuclear option to deal with it. However, now the burden is on obama despite the fact that republicans are obstructing. LOL

Why is that conservative ideals have changed so drastically from what they used to be when a republcian was in office?
You forget something.

The Democrats actually had enough people to interfere with anything Bush wanted to do.

The same cannot be said about today. The Democrats own everything. The Republicans cannot stop them from doing anything. Period.

So why have they not voted to accept a nominee to the post? It would take them only 30 seconds to vote.

I mean, they don't bother reading the legislation they vote on, so they wouldn't have to even read the nominee's credentials.

Like I said. The Dems own everything. Including any and all attacks against the US and her citizens.

Really?? What was the ratio of dems to reps on the committees back then compared to now?? Can you substantiate your claim??

Furthermore, dems were in the minority too so how did they obstruct to the point that reps were threatening to use the nuclear option to end the blocking of nominees??

BTW, nothing to said addresses how republicans have changed their opinions on obstruction and blocking of nominees. Why is that? what are you avoiding?

Oh and thank you for bringing up another contradiction from the right who tried to blame clitnon and the dems for 9/11 despite the fact that it happened on W's watch and despite their previous contradictory position they are now trying to argue obama's watch his fault. LOL

Because he doesn't want unions for TSA employees he's a right wing moron? :lol:

Why hasn't Obama seen fit to find an alternative? He has seen fit to find them for appointments in other areas.

Eleven months. Wow.

Because they are supposed to just rubber stamp anyone, or anything the messiah wants, else they are a "right wing moron".

LOL why not?? The republicans were really good at rubber stamping pretty much anything W wanted so they should be used to it by now. LOL Like I said earlier, it's funny how republicans USED to be so against obstruction and blocking nominees that they actually threatened the "nuclear option" to end the blocking of nominees and in direct contrast to that, republcians are now praising obstruction and the blocking of nominees. Whatever happened to the republican belief in a straight up or down vote for nominees??

jackass, everyone expects you dummies to rubber stamp what the messiah wants.

Funny.. in 10% unemployment I found a job just 2 months ago and received a 7% raise to do it... you see.. when you advance your skills and reputation, you put yourself in demand... when you are an ignorant lazy fuck, you need a union to save your job while you bitch about management and get paid higher amounts for a job that a gibbon could do

I'll take my union negotiated 70 grand a year before overtime with full benefits job while you go picking apples from that there job tree.:lol::lol:

I'll take my union negotiated 70 grand a year before overtime with full benefits job while you go picking apples from that there job tree.:lol::lol:

I could not afford to loose that much in salary and I'll stick to the job where I'm only required to work 37.5 hours to be full time... I'll stick with my company paid transportation and generous time off.. I'll stick to my fully paid full benefits

Who's running the TSA? No one, thanks to Sen. Jim DeMint

By Margaret Talev | McClatchy Newspapers

r-JIM-DEMINT-large.jpg

WASHINGTON — An attempt to blow up a trans-Atlantic flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas Day would be all-consuming for the administrator of the Transportation Security Administration — if there were one.

The post remains vacant because Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., has held up President Barack Obama's nominee in opposition to the prospect of TSA workers joining a labor union.

As al Qaida claimed responsibility Monday for the thwarted attack and President Barack Obama made a public statement about it, Democrats urged DeMint to drop his objection and allow quick confirmation of nominee Erroll Southers, a counterterrorism expert, when the Senate reconvenes in three weeks.
---
Southers, a former FBI special agent, is the Los Angeles World Airports Police Department assistant chief for homeland security and intelligence. He also is the associate director of the University of Southern California's Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events, and he served as a deputy director of homeland security for California Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Two Senate committees have given Southers their bipartisan blessing. An acting administrator is in place pending his confirmation.

Marshall McClain, the president of the Los Angeles Airport Peace Officers Association, said that the Senate should have acted sooner to confirm Southers.

"Friday's terrorist attack on U.S. aviation makes it all the more imperative that there be no further delays in filling this crucial position," he said.

Who's running the TSA? No one, thanks to Sen. Jim DeMint | McClatchy

Hey partisan boy...way to only tell the half of the story that makes the other side look bad.

Why dont you try some honesty for a change and let everyone know that the full body scanners, the very thing that could have possibly stopped this guy if he had boarded in the US (i know he didn't so STFU), were BLOCKED by the democrats.

Seriously are you this thickheaded to think security is a partisan issue that should become political? Probably are but I had to ask.

times said:
Last June, however, because of privacy concerns, the House voted 310-118 to prohibit the use of whole-body imaging for primary screening. The measure, still pending in the Senate, would limit the use of the devices to secondary screening.

Since then the senate voted it down too. Both were controlled by democrats at the time.

Better airport scanners delayed by privacy fears :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Nation

So get off your partisan soapbox and point out the fact that both parties are fucking our security royally....or be a hack I don't care.

The only one playing politics here is Obama. If having a head was a real priority he would have compromised or done something else.
But the real priority is pay back to the unions who elected him.
Kudos to DeMint for blocking this obvious political move that would result in higher costs and less safety for all Americans.

Why must obama always be the one willing to compromise and cave to the wishes of republicans who aren't willing to do the same??

However, this is just more of the standard contradictions coming from the right. They praised bush for "sticking to his guns" and now they try to preach that obama should be willing to compromise.

Excuse me, when has Obama ever compromised with Republicans? Ever? When has he even consulted them on anything?
The Dems own the gov't. They can do what they want.
Sticking to your guns is great for major policy issues. The head of some agency is not a major policy issue. Although I will grant that paying back the unions is a major one for the Democrats, the party of Fuck You.

Yes..the person Obama has appointed has very good credentials but he is being stonewalled by the Republicans.

The acting administrator doesn't have any real power to make changes.

Like Bolton was stonewalled?

Can you say hypocrite?

So are you trying to say that stonewalling bolton was wrong but stonewalling southers is right??

Republicans were the ones talking about straight up or down votes on nominees as they threatened the nuclear option and yet now they are openly praising and supportive of the obstruction of obama's nominee. So yeah I can say hypocrite and actually have it mean something. Can you??

And what union do you work for?
Can't be the steel workers, because most of their members are unemployed. Can't be the auto workers, same reason. Can't be the coal miners, same reason.
In fact there isn't an industry in the U.S. dominated by unions that isn't going tits up.
You must work for the government. That would explain a lot.

And what union do you work for?
Can't be the steel workers, because most of their members are unemployed. Can't be the auto workers, same reason. Can't be the coal miners, same reason.
In fact there isn't an industry in the U.S. dominated by unions that isn't going tits up.
You must work for the government. That would explain a lot.

none of the above douche bag:lol::lol:

r-JIM-DEMINT-large.jpg

WASHINGTON — An attempt to blow up a trans-Atlantic flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas Day would be all-consuming for the administrator of the Transportation Security Administration — if there were one.

The post remains vacant because Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., has held up President Barack Obama's nominee in opposition to the prospect of TSA workers joining a labor union.

As al Qaida claimed responsibility Monday for the thwarted attack and President Barack Obama made a public statement about it, Democrats urged DeMint to drop his objection and allow quick confirmation of nominee Erroll Southers, a counterterrorism expert, when the Senate reconvenes in three weeks.
---
Southers, a former FBI special agent, is the Los Angeles World Airports Police Department assistant chief for homeland security and intelligence. He also is the associate director of the University of Southern California's Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events, and he served as a deputy director of homeland security for California Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Two Senate committees have given Southers their bipartisan blessing. An acting administrator is in place pending his confirmation.

Marshall McClain, the president of the Los Angeles Airport Peace Officers Association, said that the Senate should have acted sooner to confirm Southers.

"Friday's terrorist attack on U.S. aviation makes it all the more imperative that there be no further delays in filling this crucial position," he said.

Hey partisan boy...way to only tell the half of the story that makes the other side look bad.

Why dont you try some honesty for a change and let everyone know that the full body scanners, the very thing that could have possibly stopped this guy if he had boarded in the US (i know he didn't so STFU), were BLOCKED by the democrats.

Seriously are you this thickheaded to think security is a partisan issue that should become political? Probably are but I had to ask.

times said:
Last June, however, because of privacy concerns, the House voted 310-118 to prohibit the use of whole-body imaging for primary screening. The measure, still pending in the Senate, would limit the use of the devices to secondary screening.

Since then the senate voted it down too. Both were controlled by democrats at the time.

So get off your partisan soapbox and point out the fact that both parties are fucking our security royally....or be a hack I don't care.
I am against invading peoples privacy because of the slight chance that some fuckwad will blow up a plane. Where will it stop...once you start you don't stop, and even shopping malls and schools could adopt this technology.

This is just going to lead to more curtailing of the freedom of Americans. For instance, we were not allowed to use any electronic devices aboard our flight last week. And since there is no widespread way to check each and every checked bag this will probably be made permanent. It is common knowledge that you can use an electronic device to set off a bomb in the luggage compartment. :doubt:

That said, if the US mandated the use of these machines it wouldn't have mattered in this instance as we don't mandate security in foreign countries.

Maybe if DeMint hadn't been blocking the appointment of a counter-terrorism EXPERT .........

just because he's determined to hand Obama "his Waterloo"?????????

r-JIM-DEMINT-large.jpg

---

times said:

I am against invading peoples privacy because of the slight chance that some fuckwad will blow up a plane. Where will it stop...once you start you don't stop, and even shopping malls and schools could adopt this technology.

This is just going to lead to more curtailing of the freedom of Americans. For instance, we were not allowed to use any electronic devices aboard our flight last week. And since there is no widespread way to check each and every checked bag this will probably be made permanent. It is common knowledge that you can use an electronic device to set off a bomb in the luggage compartment. :doubt:

That said, if the US mandated the use of these machines it wouldn't have mattered in this instance as we don't mandate security in foreign countries.

We don't? How can that be? Why just yesterday, Libo was saying the fact that this guy got on the plane in London was OUR fault?

Forum List

Back