Republicans aiding and abetting terrorists

Thank you Cali for agreeing that DeMint is playing political games with our safety....:clap2:

I find it funny that both sides fling this at each other, each pretending that they have the moral highground. In fact, both sides are just swampcritters. None of you have the moral highground. In truth, neither a republican or a democrat could find the fucking moral highground if it had fucking neons signs pointing the way. But the funny thing is.... not one of you is smart enough to take off the rose tinted glasses and look at the signs. :lol::lol::lol:

High ground? I'd be satisfied if I saw a sliver of intelligence from you right wing pea brains. NONE of you right wingers have the intelligence to stand up for the RIGHTS of American working men and women...instead, you parrot the Republican union busting corporate mantra...

Cali Girl, a right wing female is the biggest MORON on this planet...without the courage and convictions of the progressive movement, you would still be a second class citizen with no right to even vote...

What "rights' are you talking about? The right to have part of your salary confiscated? The right to have someone dictate your terms of employment? The right to destroy your employer?
Yeah, Republicans are against those particular "rights." If you weren't a lame brain Democrat union-thug lover you would understand this. You would also understand that public safety is more important than union pay back, which is what this is about.

I'd certainly like to hear the Republican version on what the details are with regard to the stated holdup before crucifying anybody. With that said, I don't recall Obama, Biden, Clinton, Napolitano, or anyone else in the administration clamoring to complete this appointment. Perhaps they didn't consider it a priority like they do with health care. Now, I'm not saying they haven't pushed or pushed hard, I just haven't seen it. I'd like to be wrong on this one but "politics as usual" is one side continually placing 100% of the "blame" on the other side.

I would like to think that the terrorist bomber should have been caught by the system in place. I suppose I would also like to believe that there was just a bad mistake by someone down in the trenches, so to speak. Regardless, whatever "system" currently in place has been under the management of the new regime for nearly a year. Ultimately, the buck stops there. But, of course, the politcal spinning continues. Please let me just add that I'm not suggesting the system Obama inherited was where it needs to be either. Nor will I discount the very real possibility that DeMint and other Republicans share some responsibility for what goes wrong (or right) as a result of their failure(s) in working with the Democrats.

Ultimately, I believe Obama and his administration shoulder the majority of the accountability for not only what goes "right" but, also, what goes "wrong". Again, Obama and company have been at the helm for nearly a year and, like it or not, the buck stops there.

Boosshhhh!! It was BOOOSSSHHHHH!!!

Thank you Cali for agreeing that DeMint is playing political games with our safety....:clap2:

I find it funny that both sides fling this at each other, each pretending that they have the moral highground. In fact, both sides are just swampcritters. None of you have the moral highground. In truth, neither a republican or a democrat could find the fucking moral highground if it had fucking neons signs pointing the way. But the funny thing is.... not one of you is smart enough to take off the rose tinted glasses and look at the signs. :lol::lol::lol:

High ground? I'd be satisfied if I saw a sliver of intelligence from you right wing pea brains. NONE of you right wingers have the intelligence to stand up for the RIGHTS of American working men and women...instead, you parrot the Republican union busting corporate mantra...

Cali Girl, a right wing female is the biggest MORON on this planet...without the courage and convictions of the progressive movement, you would still be a second class citizen with no right to even vote...

You'd have to be intelligent to see a sliver of intellect in someone else, bf. As you are not, I am not at all surprised that you can't see mine.

Name calling and whining - typical leftie childish rant. Stupid boy.

What "rights' are you talking about? The right to have part of your salary confiscated? The right to have someone dictate your terms of employment? The right to destroy your employer?
Yeah, Republicans are against those particular "rights." If you weren't a lame brain Democrat union-thug lover you would understand this. You would also understand that public safety is more important than union pay back, which is what this is about.

No moron, YOU don't get to dictate for others... it should be EVERY American workers right to organize...to join or not join a union...

You'd have to be intelligent to see a sliver of intellect in someone else, bf. As you are not, I am not at all surprised that you can't see mine.

You're right... I don't see ANY

Yes..the person Obama has appointed has very good credentials but he is being stonewalled by the Republicans.

The acting administrator doesn't have any real power to make changes.

So Obama placed the acting administrator in position, but stripped the office of power?
No, that is the way things work in government. Acting Directors aren't confirmed by Congress and therefore have no power to make changes or implement new policy.

So Obama placed the acting administrator in position, but stripped the office of power?
Right. Pretty silly spin, huh?

Lame.
It's kind of shocking to discover that you and Annie don't know anything about the Constitution. :lol:

Ravi, where in the Constitution do you find the lack of administrative power of acting directors?

so let me get this straight? you demoncwats are saying that Jim DeMint has more power in his little finger than that panty waist you put in office? You guys are the absolute biggest losers on the planet. Why didn't you realize before you elected him that a single Republican could nullify everything the poor little wussy desired? Holy fucking christ. Whiners.

No moron, YOU don't get to dictate for others... it should be EVERY American workers right to organize...to join or not join a union...

So why do the Dums want to take this away via "card check" legislation??
Because the Democratic Party is the party of Fuck You. You dont want a union dictating what terms you work under and stealing your salary? Fuck you!

You're right... I don't see ANY

I know, sweetie. That's because you're too fucking stupid. As you, yourself said... MORON.

Who's running the TSA? No one, thanks to Sen. Jim DeMint

By Margaret Talev | McClatchy Newspapers

r-JIM-DEMINT-large.jpg

WASHINGTON — An attempt to blow up a trans-Atlantic flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas Day would be all-consuming for the administrator of the Transportation Security Administration — if there were one.

The post remains vacant because Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., has held up President Barack Obama's nominee in opposition to the prospect of TSA workers joining a labor union.

As al Qaida claimed responsibility Monday for the thwarted attack and President Barack Obama made a public statement about it, Democrats urged DeMint to drop his objection and allow quick confirmation of nominee Erroll Southers, a counterterrorism expert, when the Senate reconvenes in three weeks.
---
Southers, a former FBI special agent, is the Los Angeles World Airports Police Department assistant chief for homeland security and intelligence. He also is the associate director of the University of Southern California's Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events, and he served as a deputy director of homeland security for California Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Two Senate committees have given Southers their bipartisan blessing. An acting administrator is in place pending his confirmation.

Marshall McClain, the president of the Los Angeles Airport Peace Officers Association, said that the Senate should have acted sooner to confirm Southers.

"Friday's terrorist attack on U.S. aviation makes it all the more imperative that there be no further delays in filling this crucial position," he said.

Who's running the TSA? No one, thanks to Sen. Jim DeMint | McClatchy

Such a scumbag puts our nation in peril over denying TSA workers the right to the protection of a labor union.

Yes..the person Obama has appointed has very good credentials but he is being stonewalled by the Republicans.

Stonewalled how?

The Dems own everything. When are you people going to stop this lie?

So why do the Dums want to take this away via "card check" legislation??
Because the Democratic Party is the party of Fuck You. You dont want a union dictating what terms you work under and stealing your salary? Fuck you!

To right wing nut jobs negotiating better pay = stealing your salary:cuckoo:

In eleven months Obama cannot get a TSA director. Of course not, our safety is not a priority.

Apparently, DeMint thinks it's not. He would rather play political games. Seems to be the way of the GOP these days.
The burden is on Obama to get a director. He hasn't managed to do so. But, we have second and even third attempts at other appointees from the administration in other areas where ease of appointment was questionable.

Not in transportation safety, though. Eleven months. :eek:

LOL That's funny considering that the conservatives were trying to blame gore and the democrats for holding up the election in 2000 which prevented W from getting his people in place and therefore prevented him from being able to stop 9/11. LOL Why wasn't the burden on W then?
Furthermore, Back when W was president, it was the dems fault W couldn't get people into positions becuase they were obstructing and republicans were threatening the nuclear option to deal with it. However, now the burden is on obama despite the fact that republicans are obstructing. LOL

Why is that conservative ideals have changed so drastically from what they used to be when a republcian was in office?

Stonewalled how?

The Dems own everything. When are you people going to stop this lie?

Whenever President Bush got "stonewalled" and the demoncwats held up one of his apointees he just sat back and waited for them to go on break. Then, he went ahead with an emergency apointment. Guess the obamalama ain't as smart as President Bush was or this may not have been a priority. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Apparently, DeMint thinks it's not. He would rather play political games. Seems to be the way of the GOP these days.
The burden is on Obama to get a director. He hasn't managed to do so. But, we have second and even third attempts at other appointees from the administration in other areas where ease of appointment was questionable.

LOL That's funny considering that the conservatives were trying to blame gore and the democrats for holding up the election in 2000 which prevented W from getting his people in place and therefore prevented him from being able to stop 9/11. LOL Why wasn't the burden on W then?
Furthermore, Back when W was president, it was the dems fault W couldn't get people into positions becuase they were obstructing and republicans were threatening the nuclear option to deal with it. However, now the burden is on obama despite the fact that republicans are obstructing. LOL

Why is that conservative ideals have changed so drastically from what they used to be when a republcian was in office?
:wtf:

You forget something.

The Democrats actually had enough people to interfere with anything Bush wanted to do.

The same cannot be said about today. The Democrats own everything. The Republicans cannot stop them from doing anything. Period.

So why have they not voted to accept a nominee to the post? It would take them only 30 seconds to vote.

I mean, they don't bother reading the legislation they vote on, so they wouldn't have to even read the nominee's credentials.

Like I said. The Dems own everything. Including any and all attacks against the US and her citizens.

The only one playing politics here is Obama. If having a head was a real priority he would have compromised or done something else.
But the real priority is pay back to the unions who elected him.
Kudos to DeMint for blocking this obvious political move that would result in higher costs and less safety for all Americans.

Why must obama always be the one willing to compromise and cave to the wishes of republicans who aren't willing to do the same??

However, this is just more of the standard contradictions coming from the right. They praised bush for "sticking to his guns" and now they try to preach that obama should be willing to compromise.

The attack should remind everyone “that soft talk about engagement, closing Gitmo, these things are not going to appease the terrorists,” DeMint said on “Fox News Sunday.” “They’re going to keep coming after us, and we can’t have politics as usual in Washington, and I’m afraid that’s what we’ve got right now with airport security.”

DeMint is a right wing MORON
Because he doesn't want unions for TSA employees he's a right wing moron? :lol:

Why hasn't Obama seen fit to find an alternative? He has seen fit to find them for appointments in other areas.

Eleven months. Wow.

Because they are supposed to just rubber stamp anyone, or anything the messiah wants, else they are a "right wing moron".

LOL why not?? The republicans were really good at rubber stamping pretty much anything W wanted so they should be used to it by now. LOL Like I said earlier, it's funny how republicans USED to be so against obstruction and blocking nominees that they actually threatened the "nuclear option" to end the blocking of nominees and in direct contrast to that, republcians are now praising obstruction and the blocking of nominees. Whatever happened to the republican belief in a straight up or down vote for nominees??

so let me get this straight? you demoncwats are saying that Jim DeMint has more power in his little finger than that panty waist you put in office? You guys are the absolute biggest losers on the planet. Why didn't you realize before you elected him that a single Republican could nullify everything the poor little wussy desired? Holy fucking christ. Whiners.

You do realize that obama picks who he wants to have the job but then they have to go through confirmation through congress in order to get the job. Obama doesn't have the power or authority to override congress. I know based on how W acted you must believe that the president is all powerful and can do damn near anything he wants to. However, that is not the case.

Forum List

Back