Republicans aiding and abetting terrorists

Government employees in critical jobs should not be in Unions. EVER. Pretty simple concept. Of course Obama could do to TSA what Reagan did to the Air Traffic Controllers if they strike. NAH he doesn't have the balls.

BY the way the absence of a director is not critical since right in the story it STATES there is an ACTING director.

Lets go back to that 2 year period when Dems controlled the Senate early in Bush's first term. They spent 2 YEARS blocking Judges from being appointed. I don't recall any of you lot whining about the lack of competent Judges on the bench to do criminal courts at the Federal level.

No union firemen? Policemen?
No one ever credited RGS with the ability to think critically.

SHOCKER!:eek:

In eleven months Obama cannot get a TSA director. Of course not, our safety is not a priority.

Apparently, DeMint thinks it's not. He would rather play political games. Seems to be the way of the GOP these days.

The attack should remind everyone “that soft talk about engagement, closing Gitmo, these things are not going to appease the terrorists,” DeMint said on “Fox News Sunday.” “They’re going to keep coming after us, and we can’t have politics as usual in Washington, and I’m afraid that’s what we’ve got right now with airport security.”

DeMint is a right wing MORON
Because he doesn't want unions for TSA employees he's a right wing moron? :lol:

Why hasn't Obama seen fit to find an alternative? He has seen fit to find them for appointments in other areas.

Eleven months. Wow.

Government employees in critical jobs should not be in Unions. EVER. Pretty simple concept. Of course Obama could do to TSA what Reagan did to the Air Traffic Controllers if they strike. NAH he doesn't have the balls.

BY the way the absence of a director is not critical since right in the story it STATES there is an ACTING director.

Lets go back to that 2 year period when Dems controlled the Senate early in Bush's first term. They spent 2 YEARS blocking Judges from being appointed. I don't recall any of you lot whining about the lack of competent Judges on the bench to do criminal courts at the Federal level.

Go ahead you RETARDS name for us those FEDERAL fireman and Policeman with Unions. Come on , can't be hard, you keep claiming we have some.

Apparently, DeMint thinks it's not. He would rather play political games. Seems to be the way of the GOP these days.

The attack should remind everyone “that soft talk about engagement, closing Gitmo, these things are not going to appease the terrorists,” DeMint said on “Fox News Sunday.” “They’re going to keep coming after us, and we can’t have politics as usual in Washington, and I’m afraid that’s what we’ve got right now with airport security.”

Why hasn't Obama seen fit to find an alternative? He has seen fit to find them for appointments in other areas.

Eleven months. Wow.

You're an f_cking idiot... Obama HAS found a qualified and competent TSA Director... DeMint will hold up ANY alternative over the SAME issue...

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru

Yes..the person Obama has appointed has very good credentials but he is being stonewalled by the Republicans.

The acting administrator doesn't have any real power to make changes.

So Obama placed the acting administrator in position, but stripped the office of power?

Yes..the person Obama has appointed has very good credentials but he is being stonewalled by the Republicans.

So Obama placed the acting administrator in position, but stripped the office of power?

Think of it in terms of when Governor Sanford went hiking on the Appalachian Trail this past summer. The "acting Governor" did not have the authority to make changes to SC's government.

Go ahead you RETARDS name for us those FEDERAL fireman and Policeman with Unions. Come on , can't be hard, you keep claiming we have some.

About AFGE

The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is the largest federal employee union representing 600,000 federal and D.C. government workers nationwide and overseas. Workers in virtually all functions of government at every federal agency depend upon AFGE for legal representation, legislative advocacy, technical expertise and informational services.
The union is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and is divided into 12 geographical districts consisting of some 1,100 Locals. More than one-half of AFGE's members are consolidated into agency-wide bargaining units. Agencies with the highest concentration of union membership include the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Social Security Administration and the Department of Justice.

Eleven months. Wow.

You're an f_cking idiot... Obama HAS found a qualified and competent TSA Director... DeMint will hold up ANY alternative over the SAME issue...

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru
Exactly.

Republicans fear Americans having decent working conditions more than the fear terrorists.

Pretty ironic.

The only one playing politics here is Obama. If having a head was a real priority he would have compromised or done something else.
But the real priority is pay back to the unions who elected him.
Kudos to DeMint for blocking this obvious political move that would result in higher costs and less safety for all Americans.

No, that is the way things work in government. Acting Directors aren't confirmed by Congress and therefore have no power to make changes or implement new policy.

About AFGE

The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is the largest federal employee union representing 600,000 federal and D.C. government workers nationwide and overseas. Workers in virtually all functions of government at every federal agency depend upon AFGE for legal representation, legislative advocacy, technical expertise and informational services.
The union is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and is divided into 12 geographical districts consisting of some 1,100 Locals. More than one-half of AFGE's members are consolidated into agency-wide bargaining units. Agencies with the highest concentration of union membership include the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Social Security Administration and the Department of Justice.

Ravi.....this is normally the part where RGS starts with the personal attacks. He hates being made to look the fool, yet does it so often.

Right. Pretty silly spin, huh?

Lame.
It's kind of shocking to discover that you and Annie don't know anything about the Constitution. :lol:

Eleven months. Wow.

Because they are supposed to just rubber stamp anyone, or anything the messiah wants, else they are a "right wing moron".

:lol::lol::lol::lol: And we never see that behavior from the Democrats. You people are funny.... stupid, but funny.

Thank you Cali for agreeing that DeMint is playing political games with our safety....:clap2:

I find it funny that both sides fling this at each other, each pretending that they have the moral highground. In fact, both sides are just swampcritters. None of you have the moral highground. In truth, neither a republican or a democrat could find the fucking moral highground if it had fucking neons signs pointing the way. But the funny thing is.... not one of you is smart enough to take off the rose tinted glasses and look at the signs. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: And we never see that behavior from the Democrats. You people are funny.... stupid, but funny.

Thank you Cali for agreeing that DeMint is playing political games with our safety....:clap2:

I find it funny that both sides fling this at each other, each pretending that they have the moral highground. In fact, both sides are just swampcritters. None of you have the moral highground. In truth, neither a republican or a democrat could find the fucking moral highground if it had fucking neons signs pointing the way. But the funny thing is.... not one of you is smart enough to take off the rose tinted glasses and look at the signs. :lol::lol::lol:

Oddly enough, I agreed with you COMPLETELY up until the last sentence. I, in fact DO see the signs. I simply enjoy pointing out all of the hypocrisy from the right now that they are out of power. I will do the same to the left as soon as they are out of power again, in about 7 years.

High ground? I'd be satisfied if I saw a sliver of intelligence from you right wing pea brains. NONE of you right wingers have the intelligence to stand up for the RIGHTS of American working men and women...instead, you parrot the Republican union busting corporate mantra...

Cali Girl, a right wing female is the biggest MORON on this planet...without the courage and convictions of the progressive movement, you would still be a second class citizen with no right to even vote...

No, that is the way things work in government. Acting Directors aren't confirmed by Congress and therefore have no power to make changes or implement new policy.

How do we know this failure came about through lack of changes or new policy and not just from lack of enforcing existing policy?

I'd certainly like to hear the Republican version on what the details are with regard to the stated holdup before crucifying anybody. With that said, I don't recall Obama, Biden, Clinton, Napolitano, or anyone else in the administration clamoring to complete this appointment. Perhaps they didn't consider it a priority like they do with health care. Now, I'm not saying they haven't pushed or pushed hard, I just haven't seen it. I'd like to be wrong on this one but "politics as usual" is one side continually placing 100% of the "blame" on the other side.

I would like to think that the terrorist bomber should have been caught by the system in place. I suppose I would also like to believe that there was just a bad mistake by someone down in the trenches, so to speak. Regardless, whatever "system" currently in place has been under the management of the new regime for nearly a year. Ultimately, the buck stops there. But, of course, the politcal spinning continues. Please let me just add that I'm not suggesting the system Obama inherited was where it needs to be either. Nor will I discount the very real possibility that DeMint and other Republicans share some responsibility for what goes wrong (or right) as a result of their failure(s) in working with the Democrats.

Ultimately, I believe Obama and his administration shoulder the majority of the accountability for not only what goes "right" but, also, what goes "wrong". Again, Obama and company have been at the helm for nearly a year and, like it or not, the buck stops there.

Forum List

Back