Republican: "Thank God For Obamacare!"

I'm waiting for a wingnut to try to debunk this as false, the way that every single anti-Obamacare story has been thoroughly debunked. :lol:

Please post proof that every person who has seen their premiums rise is lying.

You're asking for false testament... the narrative is not that premiums rise, it's why premiums rise.

The pre-Obamacare non-system healthcare we've been living under, does virtually nothing to address rising healthcare cost. Obamacare does a little but not enough to address rising healthcare costs.

My question for Republicans is, what has your party done to cope with rising healthcare costs?

It's going to get worse.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told House Ways and Means Committee members on Wednesday that she expects health insurance rates to increase as the Affordable Care Act takes full effect.

'I think premiums are likely to go up,' she conceded under questioning, 'but go up at a slower pace' than they have already under Obamacare.

President Obama famously promised in 2008 and 2009 that his health insurance overhaul plan would lower the cost of health care for an average family by $2,500 per year.

And as a March 31 deadline approaches, the date when Americans will face fines if they don't have medical insurance, Sebelius told the panel that there will be 'no delay' in enforcing that so-called individual mandate.

Sebelius admits Obamacare will raise health insurance premiums in 2015, tells Congress to expect 'no delay beyond March 31' for the individual mandate | Mail Online

Of course he was being over charged for COBRA. And?

wtf?

"the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both." is cheap cheap, they are being subsidized.

. I do realize that by "subsidize" you probably are referring to the use of government funds to offset losses by the insurance companies. I am not certain if that is true or not. However, If only half of the new enrollees are paying premiums averaging 70 bucks a month each, that's no chump change.

BTW, to answer your RED signature..."Black unemployment, which at the end of the Bush administration broke a decades-long pattern of being twice white unemployment, has resumed its disturbing and prolonged trend under President Obama, with the rate among African Americans now at 13.4 percent, according to a new Pew Research report.

Under Obama, black unemployment back to twice the white rate | WashingtonExaminer.com
I don't want to detract from this op by responding to quips about the wording in my signature.
Start a thread on the topic and if I see it I will respond!

"government funds" wtf, are you on drugs? The government doesn't have any "funds", it is taxpayer money that is footing the bill. Anyone getting anything subsidized means someone else is paying for it; anyone who is paying more is paying for it. Period. It's only going to get worse. There is no "probably" about any of that.

Please point to evidence of conservatives going apeshit over taxpayers subsidizing the most profitable company in human history, Exxon/Mobil.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that anyone getting anything subsidized means someone else is footing the bill, that goes for oil companies, green energy, agriculture, health insurance, etc. It should all go.

Then where's the Right-Wing outrage over that, instead of food stamps?

Of course he thinks it's great, someone else is footing the majority of his costs. Duh.

I have no problem with low income earners getting their health insurance at a cheap price as I believe every American should have access to adequate healthcare. The ACA does a great deal of good for many people, and that is a good thing. That being said, some people are getting hit pretty hard with some really steep costs. This seems to be affecting those who are older and are not eligible for any subsidies. I've seen the plans and rates, and they are not a pretty site for someone who is only slightly over 400% of the poverty level.

What really bothers me about this though, is not the fact that some people are getting hit extra hard but that nobody wants to address this problem and make some changes to fix this. Instead, one side is calling to repeal the whole thing, which is not going to happen, and the other side thinks everything is just rosy.

Scott Brown Awkwardly Finds Out That Obamacare Is Also Helping Republicans

*snip*

Brown found that out on Saturday, when he stopped by the home of Herb Richardson, a Republican state representative. Sitting in Richardson's home, Brown called Obamacare a "monstrosity" that members of Congress didn't even bother to read before they passed. At that point, according to the Coos County Democrat, Richardson chimed in to explain that the law had been a "financial lifesaver" for him and his wife. From the the piece (page 14):

Richardson was injured on the job and was forced to live on his workers' comp payments for an extended period of time, which ultimately cost the couple their house on Williams Street. The couple had to pay $1,100 a month if they wanted to maintain their health insurance coverage under the federal COBRA law.

Richardson said he only received some $2,000 a month in workers' comp. payments, however, leaving little for them to live on.

"Thank God for Obamacare!" his wife exclaimed.

Now, thanks to the subsidy for which they qualify, the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both.

You do realize that this "subsidy" is only repaid at tax time, right?
They still have to pay the monthly price
:eusa_shhh:

*snip*

Brown found that out on Saturday, when he stopped by the home of Herb Richardson, a Republican state representative. Sitting in Richardson's home, Brown called Obamacare a "monstrosity" that members of Congress didn't even bother to read before they passed. At that point, according to the Coos County Democrat, Richardson chimed in to explain that the law had been a "financial lifesaver" for him and his wife. From the the piece (page 14):

Richardson was injured on the job and was forced to live on his workers' comp payments for an extended period of time, which ultimately cost the couple their house on Williams Street. The couple had to pay $1,100 a month if they wanted to maintain their health insurance coverage under the federal COBRA law.

Richardson said he only received some $2,000 a month in workers' comp. payments, however, leaving little for them to live on.

Now, thanks to the subsidy for which they qualify, the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both.

No, the subsidy is paid monthly from the government directly to the insurer. You only pay your share after the subsidy. Now, if your income changes and it is confirmed that you were receiving too large of a subsidy, then at the end of the year when you file your taxes, they could come after you for the difference. This can make it very difficult to determine what level of subsidy to seek, especially for the self-employed who can see their incomes go up and down from year to year.

@Synthaholic @LoneLaugher

Are the two of you speechless?

No, I'm a Liberal: I work for a living, and don't spend every waking moment looking to refute ignorance in the interwebz.

Not that you are ignorant . . .

^^^^^lame comments from the self proclaimed doofus^^^^^
:D

I'll repeat myself.
Unless someone is working in the healthcare industry most have no clue as to the reality of the ACA.

I'm waiting for a wingnut to try to debunk this as false, the way that every single anti-Obamacare story has been thoroughly debunked. :lol:

You're asking for false testament... the narrative is not that premiums rise, it's why premiums rise.[/COLOR]

The pre-Obamacare non-system healthcare we've been living under, does virtually nothing to address rising healthcare cost. Obamacare does a little but not enough to address rising healthcare costs. [/COLOR]

My question for Republicans is[/COLOR],what has your party done to cope with rising healthcare costs[/COLOR]?[/COLOR]

Im not a republican so I wouldn't know.

What I do know is my premiums went up 3000 a year because I , a single man with no kids must pay insurance premiums to cover things like maternity care and dental coverage for kids I don't have as well as drug and alcohol counseling which i will never use.

But according to you idiots I must not be telling the truth right?

Last edited:
Democrat who helped write Obamacare: "It's a TRAINWRECK"

idiots and hypocrites

Please point to evidence of conservatives going apeshit over taxpayers subsidizing the most profitable company in human history, Exxon/Mobil.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that anyone getting anything subsidized means someone else is footing the bill, that goes for oil companies, green energy, agriculture, health insurance, etc. It should all go.

Then where's the Right-Wing outrage over that, instead of food stamps?

It's there, you just don't bother to see it.

Last edited:
. I do realize that by "subsidize" you probably are referring to the use of government funds to offset losses by the insurance companies. I am not certain if that is true or not. However, If only half of the new enrollees are paying premiums averaging 70 bucks a month each, that's no chump change.

"government funds" wtf, are you on drugs? The government doesn't have any "funds", it is taxpayer money that is footing the bill. Anyone getting anything subsidized means someone else is paying for it; anyone who is paying more is paying for it. Period. It's only going to get worse. There is no "probably" about any of that.

Actually democrats love oil subsidies because more than 50% of them go to reducing the cost of oil for low income people, and farmers etc

The Surprising Reason That Oil Subsidies Persist: Even Liberals Love Them - Forbes

Oil Change International is an organization focused on exposing fossil fuel subsidies. On their site they have a page on fossil fuel subsidies, which they define as “any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers or lowers the price paid by energy consumers.” They include a spreadsheet breaking down various fossil fuel subsidies utilizing data from a joint OECD-IEA report called Fossil Fuel Subsidies and Other Support. The summary of oil-related subsidies in the U.S. for 2010 totals $4.5 billion. That is a number often put forward; $4 billion a year or so in support for those greedy oil companies.

But look at the breakdown. The single largest expenditure is just over $1 billion for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which is designed to protect the U.S. from oil shortages. The second largest category is just under $1 billion in tax exemptions for farm fuel. The justification for that tax exemption is that fuel taxes pay for roads, and the farm equipment that benefits from the tax exemption is technically not supposed to be using the roads. The third largest category? $570 million for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. (This program is classified as a petroleum subsidy because it artificially reduces the price of fuel, which helps oil companies sell more of it). Those three programs account for $2.5 billion a year in “oil subsidies.

You're asking for false testament... the narrative is not that premiums rise, it's why premiums rise.[/COLOR]

The pre-Obamacare non-system healthcare we've been living under, does virtually nothing to address rising healthcare cost. Obamacare does a little but not enough to address rising healthcare costs. [/COLOR]

My question for Republicans is[/COLOR],what has your party done to cope with rising healthcare costs[/COLOR]?[/COLOR]

What I do know is my premiums went up 3000 a year because I , a single man with no kids must pay insurance premiums to cover things like maternity care and dental coverage for kids I don't have as well as drug and alcohol counseling which i will never use.

:lol:

Not all of us qualify for government hand outs like you do

both my premium and my deductible increased.

Last edited:

*snip*

Well, did you ever think WHO is paying for the rest of that $1100.00 dollar medical insurance bill?

I think these small business employee's know who is paying for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you are claiming that your premiums went up $3000 due to the ACA, then you are full of shit.

*snip*

No, the subsidy is paid monthly from the government directly to the insurer. You only pay your share after the subsidy. Now, if your income changes and it is confirmed that you were receiving too large of a subsidy, then at the end of the year when you file your taxes, they could come after you for the difference. This can make it very difficult to determine what level of subsidy to seek, especially for the self-employed who can see their incomes go up and down from year to year.

You're gonna have to link me that one, because I see a price listed as "after tax credit'.
I have never heard of a monthly reoccurring tax credit

*snip*

the people who run the republican party like the votes but don't care about the people

Your premium went up "3000", since you forgot to specify, I'll presume you mean dollars not 3000X, not 3000%, not... but-----but that's the problem with using personal stories on a M/B, no one can dispute your claims - no matter how much they sound like BS but-----but my guess is (guess is all anyone can do about your personal-alleged experience) you're simply aping Republican BS and-----and according to PoltiFact, your claim that your premium went up "3000", whether true or false, is outside the norm: Americans for Prosperity claims people are getting less at a higher cost under Obamacare

Our ruling
Americans for Prosperity said "millions are paying more and getting less" under Obamacare. We found their explanation of "less" rather dubious. Most people on the individual market are getting more benefits under the law. At worst, they’re paying more to get more, though in many cases they’re actually paying less.

We rate this claim
rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

You are lying.

If you are claiming that your premiums went up $3000 due to the ACA, then you are full of shit.

The policy that I had got cancelled because of Obamcare so yes my premiums and deductibles both rose because of it. If it wasn't law I would have the same insurance policy I had for the past 10 years and was perfectly happy with.

Forum List

Back