Republican: "Thank God For Obamacare!"

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Scott Brown Awkwardly Finds Out That Obamacare Is Also Helping Republicans

*snip*

Brown found that out on Saturday, when he stopped by the home of Herb Richardson, a Republican state representative. Sitting in Richardson's home, Brown called Obamacare a "monstrosity" that members of Congress didn't even bother to read before they passed. At that point, according to the Coos County Democrat, Richardson chimed in to explain that the law had been a "financial lifesaver" for him and his wife. From the the piece (page 14):

Richardson was injured on the job and was forced to live on his workers' comp payments for an extended period of time, which ultimately cost the couple their house on Williams Street. The couple had to pay $1,100 a month if they wanted to maintain their health insurance coverage under the federal COBRA law.

Richardson said he only received some $2,000 a month in workers' comp. payments, however, leaving little for them to live on.

"Thank God for Obamacare!" his wife exclaimed.

Now, thanks to the subsidy for which they qualify, the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both.

omg, who makes up these stupid titles at the hufferpufferpost?

children in adult bodies?

I know I believe every damn word of that dumb shit..........................:gives: about Scot Brown or this dumb article

now they're thanking G-d for some GOVERMENT ENTITLEMENT THAT we THE PEOPLE all get to pay for off our hard earned, blood, sweat and tears whether we VOTED FOR IT or not

sickening

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Nice. Good for them.
I'm waiting for a wingnut to try to debunk this as false, the way that every single anti-Obamacare story has been thoroughly debunked. :lol:

Well, Staph checked in.....but that is sort of cheating as she is too dumb to earn her place among wingnuts. The real wingnuts know that they are full of shit....but don't care.

Of course he thinks it's great, someone else is footing the majority of his costs. Duh.
Interesting that you choose to see it that way as opposed to the possibility that he was being way overcharged with COBRA.

Is that because corporations can do no wrong in your eyes?

And where do you get the certainty that he is getting subsidized?

Of course he thinks it's great, someone else is footing the majority of his costs. Duh.
Interesting that you choose to see it that way as opposed to the possibility that he was being way overcharged with COBRA.

Of course he was being over charged for COBRA. And?

wtf?

"the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both." is cheap cheap, they are being subsidized.

wtf?

"the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both." is cheap cheap, they are being subsidized.
You've been properly conditioned.

Nice. Good for them.
I'm waiting for a wingnut to try to debunk this as false, the way that every single anti-Obamacare story has been thoroughly debunked. :lol:

there is no reason to respond to you and debunk anything..you are such a subject of the government and the Democrat party you are hopeless

the majority hate ObamaCare and your dear leader but you just ignore them and post like a damn fool being used and like a good subject accuse everyone of LYING with their own stories of how ObamaScam has effected them

you are pathetic

Last edited:

wtf?

. I do realize that by "subsidize" you probably are referring to the use of government funds to offset losses by the insurance companies. I am not certain if that is true or not. However, If only half of the new enrollees are paying premiums averaging 70 bucks a month each, that's no chump change.

Scott Brown Awkwardly Finds Out That Obamacare Is Also Helping Republicans

*snip*

Brown found that out on Saturday, when he stopped by the home of Herb Richardson, a Republican state representative. Sitting in Richardson's home, Brown called Obamacare a "monstrosity" that members of Congress didn't even bother to read before they passed. At that point, according to the Coos County Democrat, Richardson chimed in to explain that the law had been a "financial lifesaver" for him and his wife. From the the piece (page 14):

Richardson was injured on the job and was forced to live on his workers' comp payments for an extended period of time, which ultimately cost the couple their house on Williams Street. The couple had to pay $1,100 a month if they wanted to maintain their health insurance coverage under the federal COBRA law.

Richardson said he only received some $2,000 a month in workers' comp. payments, however, leaving little for them to live on.

"Thank God for Obamacare!" his wife exclaimed.

Now, thanks to the subsidy for which they qualify, the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both.

No one claims that Obamacare doesn't help some people.

That isn't the point.

The point is that it is something the American people, as a whole, did not want, and it was forced on us by way of lies, conniving, mannipulation and a dishonest President and Speaker Pelosi to use our need for affordable Health Care coverage as a way of subjugating us to the Government.

When you control the peoples health care you control the people.

Obamacare has ALWAYS been about gaining control over us.

That is not why our founding fathers fought England for our independence.

All of you who support Obama and ACA are voting for Obama to be our King and you his subjects.

History and human nature say you are mistaken if you believe a Government will stay benign once it has total power.

ACA will give Obama total power.

I agree it's awkward. When a person 'earns' $200 a year being a local State of NH Rep it must be difficult for any other State Rep to swallow.
They don't receive health insurance as a benny for being an elected official.

Regarding the COBRA issue, it appears he injured himself in 2011. By law COBRA lasts 18 months only. Although it does appear his employer wants him back after he has re-cooperated to full capacity.

Technically they should have been eligible for Medicaid!
He's in his early 60's, Medicare should kick in fairly soon.

The monstrosity I see is with New Hamp. Their elected non federal pols should be paid more than $200 a year.

A few other interesting notes for me are:

1) How can they afford $136 per month?
2) I cannot find what field Rita's employed in
3) The move from a five bedroom 'mansion' to a trailer home in such a short time frame is mind boggling.

4)
Workers comp doesn't last for years, unless injuries (like back injuries) can't be proven. What is 'some'? Does it mean 'only' or 'short term'? Regardless, the company will pay for the duration of his wrenched shoulder injury.

5) The article doesn't state what plan they have, nor average costs for their chosen plan are in New Hamp.

6) He is up for re-election this year. :D

:eusa_angel:

wtf?

You've been properly conditioned.

Awesome reply! :thup:

wtf?

. I do realize that by "subsidize" you probably are referring to the use of government funds to offset losses by the insurance companies. I am not certain if that is true or not. However, If only half of the new enrollees are paying premiums averaging 70 bucks a month each, that's no chump change.

"government funds" wtf, are you on drugs? The government doesn't have any "funds", it is taxpayer money that is footing the bill. Anyone getting anything subsidized means someone else is paying for it; anyone who is paying more is paying for it. Period. It's only going to get worse. There is no "probably" about any of that.

wtf?

BTW, to answer your RED signature..."Black unemployment, which at the end of the Bush administration broke a decades-long pattern of being twice white unemployment, has resumed its disturbing and prolonged trend under President Obama, with the rate among African Americans now at 13.4 percent, according to a new Pew Research report.

Under Obama, black unemployment back to twice the white rate | WashingtonExaminer.com

wtf?

"government funds" wtf, are you on drugs? The government doesn't have any "funds", it is taxpayer money that is footing the bill. Anyone getting anything subsidized means someone else is paying for it; anyone who is paying more is paying for it. Period. It's only going to get worse. There is no "probably" about any of that.

exactly, some of these people who vote are damn scary they think the Government now has it's own magic money tree they just PLUCK the monies off it

exactly, some of these people who vote are damn scary they think the Government now has it's own magic money tree they just PLUCK the monies off it

Public school doesn't teach the meaning of the word 'subsidy'. :eusa_shhh:

Public school doesn't teach the meaning of the word 'subsidy'. :eusa_shhh:

Indeed, whenever a democrat uses that word they use it incorrectly.........

Forum List

Back