Republican Salute To Labor

Its not a question of logical reasoning. It's a matter of fact. And the facts are as he says.
DAN, he's illiterate.
Your failure to answer here is noted.

Thanks for bringing up "failure to answer" - You're still haven't answered to my question... why is that?

Here's the question---again!

Here's an idea for you, we could virtually end unemployment, reduce welfare and shrink almost all other safety net programs to near non-existence if government would hire the unemployed at a wage and benefits package that does not unsettle local wage and price stability. What's your objection to the government hiring the unemployed and pushing unemployment to almost zero?

The answer is if you think is a realistic idea or a good idea then you clearly do not understand economics.
So... Do you consider yourself to be an economics expert?
On this board I would appear to be a god.

But your deflection will not save you from revealing yourself as a noob, if you truly think government hiring people and paying them to do nothing is a solution.

Which came first:

Unions stopped donating to the GOP............OR

The GOP figured out they could get MORE from anti-union corporations?
FDR pandered to the unions and they went for it.

You're right, but not just FDR, every politician panders to their constituency.

It just so happens that FDR's natural constituency was labor. FDR supported labor and labor supported him back - that's the way it's supposed to work in a federal republic with a democratic tradition and that's the way it did work until corporate money began having undemocratic influence on our politicians, leading to today's oligarchy that controls the Republican party.

So yeah I agree, FDR pandered to one in every three Americans with a job and-----and he pandered to a landslide of voters over the course of four presidential elections - that's how it works in a country with a strong democratic tradition - duh.

Forum List

Back