Republican Salute To Labor

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

60 years ago today...

11988542_10153585835357505_2348779625737131200_n.png

Whatever became of my Grandfather's Republican Party?

Have you ever seen a group that whines more than the Unions? They believe they should be able TO FORCE people to join one and if you buck them they'll go around busting peoples heads open. And where's the wails of how a Big Corporation donates MILLIONS to ONE party? but they pretty much OWN the Democrat party. How fair is that to the small business owners in the country?

Have you ever seen a group that whines more than the Unions? They believe they should be able TO FORCE people to join one and if you buck them they'll go around busting peoples heads open. And where's the wails of how a Big Corporation donates MILLIONS to ONE party? but they pretty much OWN the Democrat party. How fair is that to the small business owners in the country?
You tell me, when the GOP legalized corporations to be considered individuals, then you lost your government..

Unions weren't a money laundering outfit back then. They are now. Speaking of yesteryears, whatever happened to kennedy's "ask not what i can do for me me me me me me me but what i can do for the country....speech" ?

You tell me, when the GOP legalized corporations to be considered individuals, then you lost your government..

We started losing the constitution when the ink started drying.

We have a stronger constitution and a better country than we did in 1787

Sorry but when did the GOP 'legalize' corporations? Never. This was a Supreme Court case. Actually a number of them.

It's funny how the same people who complain about the USSC legislating from the bench are OK with their redefining corporations as "persons"!

It's funny how the same people who complain about the USSC legislating from the bench are OK with their redefining corporations as "persons"!
It's funny that people complain about something that happened 100 years ago just now.

Although rarely followed. Its more or less an object in which politicos like to disregard in order to further their own perverted views of democracy.

According to, Philip Taft and Philip Ross, "American Labor Violence: Its Causes, Character, and Outcome," The History of Violence in America: A Report to the National Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence, ed. Hugh Davis Graham and Ted Robert Gurr, 1969. Much of the violence attributed to unions has been false flag operations or incited by employers in order to get local police and other government agencies, as well as hiring goon squads via Pinkerton's and other thugs, to take action against labor.

But more importantly, as the chart below clearly shows, the rise and fall of the American Middle Class follows a similar path as the rise and fall of labor unions. Hating the American labor movement is akin to hating American's with jobs.

The tight link between unions, the middle class and inequality in two charts
by Laura Clawson

<snip>

union_density_middleclass.png

attribution: AFSCME

There are lots of complicated economic and political factors. But they tend to boil down to upward shifts in money and power, and workers getting squeezed.
Even if you're not in a union, the fate of unions affects us all.

According to, Philip Taft and Philip Ross, "American Labor Violence: Its Causes, Character, and Outcome," The History of Violence in America: A Report to the National Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence, ed. Hugh Davis Graham and Ted Robert Gurr, 1969. Much of the violence attributed to unions has been false flag operations or incited by employers in order to get local police and other government agencies, as well as hiring goon squads via Pinkerton's and other thugs, to take action against labor.

But more importantly, as the chart below clearly shows, the rise and fall of the American Middle Class follows a similar path as the rise and fall of labor unions. Hating the American labor movement is akin to hating American's with jobs.

The tight link between unions, the middle class and inequality in two charts
by Laura Clawson

<snip>

union_density_middleclass.png

attribution: AFSCME

There are lots of complicated economic and political factors. But they tend to boil down to upward shifts in money and power, and workers getting squeezed.
Even if you're not in a union, the fate of unions affects us all.

Union members are thugs. Unions destroy non union jobs, as well as union jobs by over pricing labor.
You're welcome.

Although rarely followed. Its more or less an object in which politicos like to disregard in order to further their own perverted views of democracy.

Scrupulously followed....that is why we have a court system

60 years ago today...

11988542_10153585835357505_2348779625737131200_n.png

Whatever became of my Grandfather's Republican Party?
GOP-Elephant-crushes-unions1.jpg

Today's Republicans want to abolish the minimum wage. They truly believe that less than minimum wage jobs with no benefits is the road to prosperity. It worked for China.

Unions weren't a money laundering outfit back then. They are now. Speaking of yesteryears, whatever happened to kennedy's "ask not what i can do for me me me me me me me but what i can do for the country....speech" ?
Obama was elected and Republicans threw that out the window.

Forum List

Back