Republican-led attempt to block Iran deal fails in Senate

OP there was no attempt made, this was orchestrated months ago for show knowing it would fail. The GOP establishment have sure shown their true colors since we handed them control of the senate, Obama butt kissers.

OP there was no attempt made, this was orchestrated months ago for show knowing it would fail. The GOP establishment have sure shown their true colors since we handed them control of the senate, Obama butt kissers.

What would you like them to do?

The GOP leadership will not allow the TP minority in Congress to dictate Republican policy.

You buffoons, that is not going to change.

I don't think you are correct, and they would have the bomb sooner without the deal. I am not for nuking them unless they use the bomb. And I think we can keep the Israels from doing so unless the Iranians act stupid. If Tel Aviv has a suitcase bomb go off in it, Tehran will be molten radioactive glass thirty minutes later.
_________

So, your thinking is that Obama has done America a favor by pushing back the date a Mullah has a nuclear bomb...kicking the can down the road, is the phrase that applies...which is what cowards do...Obama knows that dealing with a Mullah is tough enough when the Mullah doesn't have a nuclear bomb, and that he will be impossible to deal with when he has one....but he kicked the can down the road, when it will be much worse...because Obama is a coward and a pussy.

But you seem ready to go him one further. The Mullah crosses the line with you only by wiping Israel off the map with one of their new nuclear toys.

That's your Red Line! After that, your ready to fight.

Neville Chamberlain thought like that...all cowards do.

You might have been the guy that said: "Let me have peace in my time, at any price...my children can fend for themselves".

Persian Mullahs are bat-shit crazy and cannot have a nuclear weapon. That has been Obama's repeatedly expressed policy that they simply could not have one, and now you applaud he for slowing them down a bit.

Last edited:

Democrats block in the Senate republican`s intention to reject Obama`s nuclear deal. Who wins? Obama, first of all. Iran, by no means gets concessions from the West and gets free from sanctions. The US? Of course. It shows itself to partners as a considerable partner. Yet, the question is could we trust Iran. However, this stupid attempt failed and it`s better for the US. Do you think so?
No i don't think so. And i might add i think your analysis is pretty shitty. Our "partners" as you put it are largly against it. Our RIVALS however love the deal.

What is important is the future The next generation of progressive Iranians. Those currently in power represent the hard line but they will not hold power forever. By lifting sanctions and working with Iran we are extending an olive branch that hopefully will generate more moderate relations with the next generation of leaders.

And whoever believes we do not negotiate with terrorist states you are factually mistake. We armed Iraq then had to defend Kuwait from the very people we armed. Same with Afghanistan, we armed them to fight the soviets then we had to come back and fight the very people we armed. U.S. foreign policy is based on money, selling guns to evil people to make money then coming back and declaring war on the evil people we sold guns to. its been happening for 40 years
Interesting spin on history. When did we arm Iraq? The Mujahidin weren't terrorists or enemies of the US, they were fighting the communists.

But you started out even more idiotic as hard as it is to believe. Making a deal with the people that have helped kill many of our soldiers and as late as two weeks ago sworn that no Israel will exist in the near future is not a smart move no matter how you try to spin it. No one with half a brain helps their enemy in the hopes that their replacement will look fondly on it.

The U.S. armed Iraq when they went to war against Iran - before they attacked Kuwait.

Reagan armed the Afghans rebels when they were at war with the Soviets in the 1980's. Those rebels formed the basis of the Taliban.

We can nuke the Hell out of Iran and turn it into a glassed over parking lot anytime! All the postulating of dire results and hand ringing now coming from the same neoconservative war hawks could possibly have been avoided if said war hawks in the Bush & Co. crowd hadn't rejected, out of hand, Iran's May 2003 proposal. The plan consisted of three proposed working groups to discuss the following major topics to arrive at an agreement:

• Relief of all U.S. sanctions on Iran
  • Cooperation to stabilize Iraq
  • Full transparency over Iran’s nuclear program, including the Additional Protocol
  • Cooperation against terrorist organizations, particularly the Mujahedin-e Khalq and al-Qaeda
  • Iran’s acceptance of the Arab League’s 2002 “land for peace” declaration on Israel/Palestine
  • Iran’s full access to peaceful nuclear technology, as well as chemical and bio-technology
That offer was rejected out of hand by Bush & Co. in favor of applying further economic pressure on Iran. How has that worked out over 12 years later. So much time wasted!

For a fuller outline over the intervening years since then, that can be found here:
History of Official Proposals on the Iranian Nuclear Issue | Arms Control Association
The Bush/Cheney administration relied completely on "Peace through Domination".

And it's left the world in shambles.

I hate to say it but,

I told you so
I told you so
If you listened to
then you would know.

Can't trust Republicans. Only fools think they are going to accomplish something!! You could have a Senate with 100 Tea party select certified conservatives and every liberal idea would sail through unmolested by them.

Give up, cons. The GOP is a subsidiary of the Democratic Party. A republican is no more than a loud, squealing doormat for Obama!!

Republicans want Iran to have the bomb. It is a good scare tactic that they can use to garner votes. It probably has some electoral value for the next 20 years.

Damn catering to a demographic when fear keep em running to you!!

I don't think you are correct, and they would have the bomb sooner without the deal. I am not for nuking them unless they use the bomb. And I think we can keep the Israels from doing so unless the Iranians act stupid. If Tel Aviv has a suitcase bomb go off in it, Tehran will be molten radioactive glass thirty minutes later.
_________

So, your thinking is that Obama has done America a favor by pushing back the date a Mullah has a nuclear bomb...kicking the can down the road, is the phrase that applies...which is what cowards do...Obama knows that dealing with a Mullah is tough enough when the Mullah doesn't have a nuclear bomb, and that he will be impossible to deal with when he has one....but he kicked the can down the road, when it will be much worse...because Obama is a coward and a pussy.

But you seem ready to go him one further. The Mullah crosses the line with you only by wiping Israel off the map with one of their new nuclear toys.

That's your Red Line! After that, your ready to fight.

Neville Chamberlain thought like that...all cowards do.

You might have been the guy that said: "Let me have peace in my time, at any price...my children can fend for themselves".

Persian Mullahs are bat-shit crazy and cannot have a nuclear weapon. That has been Obama's repeatedly expressed policy that they simply could not have one, and now you applaud he for slowing them down a bit.
You are the one who is crazy, crazy as mullah crazy. Bush was correct to not nuke the North Koreans. We are correct to not nuke the Iranians. To compare this with 1938 merely reveals you don't understand history, thus your false equivalence fallacy is quite obvious. You are a war monger, nothing more, but nothing less, so, no, you can't be in charge.

What is important is the future The next generation of progressive Iranians. Those currently in power represent the hard line but they will not hold power forever. By lifting sanctions and working with Iran we are extending an olive branch that hopefully will generate more moderate relations with the next generation of leaders.

And whoever believes we do not negotiate with terrorist states you are factually mistake. We armed Iraq then had to defend Kuwait from the very people we armed. Same with Afghanistan, we armed them to fight the soviets then we had to come back and fight the very people we armed. U.S. foreign policy is based on money, selling guns to evil people to make money then coming back and declaring war on the evil people we sold guns to. its been happening for 40 years
Interesting spin on history. When did we arm Iraq? The Mujahidin weren't terrorists or enemies of the US, they were fighting the communists.

But you started out even more idiotic as hard as it is to believe. Making a deal with the people that have helped kill many of our soldiers and as late as two weeks ago sworn that no Israel will exist in the near future is not a smart move no matter how you try to spin it. No one with half a brain helps their enemy in the hopes that their replacement will look fondly on it.

The U.S. armed Iraq when they went to war against Iran - before they attacked Kuwait.

Reagan armed the Afghans rebels when they were at war with the Soviets in the 1980's. Those rebels formed the basis of the Taliban.
Nice try. What's your source on the US arming Iraq?

Like I said, the Mujahidin were not our enemies so no, we didn't arm terrorists or our enemies no matter how badly you want it to be true.

We also sided against Hitler by supporting Stalin. Have a grade school kid explain why that might be.

We are not going to debate the truth the US sold and gave arms to Iraq.

To deny that is to act like a fascist propagandist.

Go away, Josefweazel, if you are going to act like that.

Like I said, the Mujahidin were not our enemies so no, we didn't arm terrorists or our enemies no matter how badly you want it to be true.

We also sided against Hitler by supporting Stalin. Have a grade school kid explain why that might be.

Icewesel you are blatantly lying now. come on man

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes we propped up the same regime we went to war with on 2 separate occasions.

Once more, Osama bin Laden was 1 of the leaders of the Mujahidin during the Soviet - Afghan war. We provided military training and weapons to Osama bin Laden and his soldiers. Then in the late 80's bin Laden and many of his loyalists splintered off in Al Qaeda.

These are historical facts, not my personal opinions. again read a history book or look on wikipedia

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once more, Osama bin Laden was 1 of the leaders of the Mujahidin during the Soviet - Afghan war. We provided military training and weapons to Osama bin Laden and his soldiers. Then in the late 80's bin Laden and many of his loyalists splintered off in Al Qaeda.

These are historical facts, not my personal opinions. again read a history book or look on wikipedia
No shit Sherlock. Osama wasn't fighting against us then and he was fighting a military war, not targeting civilians. Which is what terrorists do. You need something better than your liberal trash rag Wikipedia, support doesn't mean giving or selling weapons. Support the allegation.

No shit Sherlock. Osama wasn't fighting against us then and he was fighting a military war, not targeting civilians. Which is what terrorists do. You need something better than your liberal trash rag Wikipedia, support doesn't mean giving or selling weapons. Support the allegation.

You are twisting facts. The facts are simple:

1. The U.S. government provided the mujahideen with weapons and training in the early 1980s

2. Osama bin Laden was a member of the Mujahideen leadership who received arms and training from the U.S.

3. Osama bin Laden formed the terrorist group Al Qaeda.

Also thank you for conceding you are a complete liar with respect to the iran-iraq war. Well, either you are a liar or you are just ignorant about U.S. policy. Maybe that's why you are so wrong about this too

You are twisting facts. The facts are simple:

1. The U.S. government provided the mujahideen with weapons and training in the early 1980s

2. Osama bin Laden was a member of the Mujahideen leadership who received arms and training from the U.S.

3. Osama bin Laden formed the terrorist group Al Qaeda.
They weren't terrorists AT THE TIME. No one knew what would happen much later on, including them. You're trying to twist facts to fit your beliefs, not me!
Also thank you for conceding you are a complete liar with respect to the iran-iraq war. Well, either you are a liar or you are just ignorant about U.S. policy. Maybe that's why you are so wrong about this too
I didn't concede anything, you stupid motherfucker. I asked you to back up your claim and your threw out a quick wiki link, like most libtards. That proves you don't have shit.

That is a false condition, weaseldick: they were our buddies and then betrayed us.

We should have been ready for that, but our RR, Clinton, and Bush leaders failed us.

It was Obama's guys that got OBL.

Iceweasal what makes you think I am a liberal. I am a registered republican yet I have voted for candidates from both major parties. in fact as far as presidential electionsgo I voted republican 2x and democrat 1x

also. you are making the same argument Hillary is making. Hillary says "the emails weren't classified at the time I sent them on my private server" lol ok whatever

well at the exact moment that we were supporting Osama bin Laden he wasn't killing americans in terrorist attacks. He was fighting the guy we wanted them to kill then after that he started killing americans

Forum List

Back