Republican-led attempt to block Iran deal fails in Senate

bertramhall

Aug 14, 2015

Democrats block in the Senate republican`s intention to reject Obama`s nuclear deal. Who wins? Obama, first of all. Iran, by no means gets concessions from the West and gets free from sanctions. The US? Of course. It shows itself to partners as a considerable partner. Yet, the question is could we trust Iran. However, this stupid attempt failed and it`s better for the US. Do you think so?

i can't believe we are directly sponsoring terrorism and the killing of our own American soldiers.
and i didn't think anything could top the civil war we have brewing at home.

It's not about trust, it's about verify and slowing the mullahs down in getting the bomb.

Another Obama win against those fucking clowns drunk Bohner, and McConnell, he's been pistol whipping the shit out of those cock suckers this year and I'm loving every minute of it, Same sex marriage, the ACA, now this..

Expect those assholes Repukes and Tea Maggots, to shut down the Government again, please do it!!

Ironic how those right wing clowns hate the Gubmint so much, but rely on it to fund their losing wars, Iraq, Afghanistan ring a bell?

Four Democrats are against it, including Chuck Schumer but not enough to over ride the boy emperor. This will probably go down in history as his biggest fuck up.

Another Obama win against those fucking clowns drunk Bohner, and McConnell, he's been pistol whipping the shit out of those cock suckers this year and I'm loving every minute of it, Same sex marriage, the ACA, now this..

Expect those assholes Repukes and Tea Maggots, to shut down the Government again, please do it!!

Ironic how those right wing clowns hate the Gubmint so much, but rely on it to fund their losing wars, Iraq, Afghanistan ring a bell?
You mean the ones the Dimocrats voted for and pretended they didn't so they could string their retards along for more votes?

We can nuke the Hell out of Iran and turn it into a glassed over parking lot anytime! All the postulating of dire results and hand ringing now coming from the same neoconservative war hawks could possibly have been avoided if said war hawks in the Bush & Co. crowd hadn't rejected, out of hand, Iran's May 2003 proposal. The plan consisted of three proposed working groups to discuss the following major topics to arrive at an agreement:

• Relief of all U.S. sanctions on Iran
  • Cooperation to stabilize Iraq
  • Full transparency over Iran’s nuclear program, including the Additional Protocol
  • Cooperation against terrorist organizations, particularly the Mujahedin-e Khalq and al-Qaeda
  • Iran’s acceptance of the Arab League’s 2002 “land for peace” declaration on Israel/Palestine
  • Iran’s full access to peaceful nuclear technology, as well as chemical and bio-technology

That offer was rejected out of hand by Bush & Co. in favor of applying further economic pressure on Iran. How has that worked out over 12 years later. So much time wasted!

For a fuller outline over the intervening years since then, that can be found here:
History of Official Proposals on the Iranian Nuclear Issue | Arms Control Association

It's not about trust, it's about verify and slowing the mullahs down in getting the bomb.
Here I can`t agree with you. These conditions of the agreement give Iran a possibility to create a bomb as they can easily hide their projects while delaying arrivals of international commissions.

I don't think you are correct, and they would have the bomb sooner without the deal. I am not for nuking them unless they use the bomb. And I think we can keep the Israels from doing so unless the Iranians act stupid. If Tel Aviv has a suitcase bomb go off in it, Tehran will be molten radioactive glass thirty minutes later.

Democrats block in the Senate republican`s intention to reject Obama`s nuclear deal. Who wins? Obama, first of all. Iran, by no means gets concessions from the West and gets free from sanctions. The US? Of course. It shows itself to partners as a considerable partner. Yet, the question is could we trust Iran. However, this stupid attempt failed and it`s better for the US. Do you think so?

Somebody better put Mark Levin on a stroke alert.

All those clowns on the right know how to do is their FEAR MONGERING, they try to scare people into voting for them because they HAVE NOTING ELSE..

In Iraq it was:

Orange alert

We have to fight them over there so they don't come here:rofl:

The Mushroom cloud is coming

Saddam has WMD's

Vote for the Repukes or they will all come over here and kill us..

This Iran deal is NO different!!

I think some kind of deal needed to be done, but I don't think this deal was a good one and the fact they are leaving so much of it a secret only reiterate that point.

All those clowns on the right know how to do is their FEAR MONGERING, they try to scare people into voting for them because they HAVE NOTING ELSE..

In Iraq it was:

Orange alert

Saddam has WMD's

As an FYI for everyone, I heard Mark Levin say something on his radio show a couple of days ago that made me both shake my head and laugh.

I'll paraphrase it here (since it's not a word-for-word quote):

He said that no American president had ever negotiated a deal with a country that was an enemy of the US and had vowed to destroy us. I remember thinking about all those deals with the Soviet Union which were negotiated by presidents of both political parties. I also remember Khrushchev pounding his shoe on a desk and also saying that "We will bury you." I remember Reagan meeting with Gorbachev AFTER famously declaring that the Soviet Union was an evil empire. Keep in mind that Levin talks about Reagan like a nostalgic lover looking back on a torrid affair.

Levin's a phony, a hack, and a big dope. There, I SAID IT!

Last edited:

In Iraq it was:

Orange alert

Saddam has WMD's

well lets hope you don't have to come back and eat those words

What is important is the future The next generation of progressive Iranians. Those currently in power represent the hard line but they will not hold power forever. By lifting sanctions and working with Iran we are extending an olive branch that hopefully will generate more moderate relations with the next generation of leaders.

And whoever believes we do not negotiate with terrorist states you are factually mistake. We armed Iraq then had to defend Kuwait from the very people we armed. Same with Afghanistan, we armed them to fight the soviets then we had to come back and fight the very people we armed. U.S. foreign policy is based on money, selling guns to evil people to make money then coming back and declaring war on the evil people we sold guns to. its been happening for 40 years

What is important is the future The next generation of progressive Iranians. Those currently in power represent the hard line but they will not hold power forever. By lifting sanctions and working with Iran we are extending an olive branch that hopefully will generate more moderate relations with the next generation of leaders.

And whoever believes we do not negotiate with terrorist states you are factually mistake. We armed Iraq then had to defend Kuwait from the very people we armed. Same with Afghanistan, we armed them to fight the soviets then we had to come back and fight the very people we armed. U.S. foreign policy is based on money, selling guns to evil people to make money then coming back and declaring war on the evil people we sold guns to. its been happening for 40 years
Interesting spin on history. When did we arm Iraq? The Mujahidin weren't terrorists or enemies of the US, they were fighting the communists.

But you started out even more idiotic as hard as it is to believe. Making a deal with the people that have helped kill many of our soldiers and as late as two weeks ago sworn that no Israel will exist in the near future is not a smart move no matter how you try to spin it. No one with half a brain helps their enemy in the hopes that their replacement will look fondly on it.

No one is helping our enemies, except the far right's stupid and verbal hate.

The deal is better than no deal. It delays their getting the bomb to five to eight years instead of in time for Easter next year.

That's a very odd take on the matter.

Let me guess... you are not American. Chineese, NK? ?

Forum List

Back