Republican Governors Fight For Stimulous Plan

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, planned to meet in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state's share of the package.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist worked the phones last week with members of his state's congressional delegation, including House Republicans. Vermont Gov. Jim Douglas, the Republican vice chairman of the National Governors Association, planned to be in Washington on Monday to urge the Senate to approve the plan.

GOP governors press Congress to pass stimulus bill - Yahoo! News

So the GOP does support the bill afterall :clap2:

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, planned to meet in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state's share of the package.

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist worked the phones last week with members of his state's congressional delegation, including House Republicans. Vermont Gov. Jim Douglas, the Republican vice chairman of the National Governors Association, planned to be in Washington on Monday to urge the Senate to approve the plan.

shows how little you really know about politics
these governors are only trying to make sure they get "their share"

:lol: Palin is ruining her 1012 campaign even before she has even started.

That ll be fun to hear her say why she so desperately went to washington to get her share of a bill that she definitely did not support. I m sure she ll be able to give a new understanding of the words "pork barrel bill", at least if she knows what those words mean otherwise it will be even more funny.

Last edited:
Governors understand what a freakin' mess we're in.

After all, STATE GOVERNMENTS are the governments which are attempting to cope with the needs of the people.

The FEDS give the states money via revenue sharing, and the FEDS have been systematically changing the eligibility laws (recent example? Who is eligible for medicade, and how much and what share of their costs are now to be paid by the states?) such that more and more of the costs of providing absolutely essential social services falls more and more on the already cash strapped STATE government budgets.

States depend on sales taxes (those are dropping like stones) and most of them depend on incomes taxes (also dropping) and REVENUS sharing, too which as I noted before, the FEDS have been cutting.

STATE governments are stuck between a rock (the people clamoring for help to survive!) and a hard place (the fact that the Governors have to tell the people NO HELP IS AVAILABLE)

Last edited:
After all, why should any politician who has the ability to legally confiscate and waste your money AND be able to incarcerate you if you don't comply not try to take as much as he or she can from you?

This is just the beginning folks.

Not only will we have federal and state income, sales, and excise taxes, we're going to be paying county, town, city and neighborhood taxes before too long unless we put a stop to the fucking politicians.

So Palin, hero to the GOP base, is a pathological liar.

She premised her whole VP campaign on the assertion that she turned down pork from washington and was in lock step with McCain on hatred of "pork". What a liar.

McCain represents a State too, just like Palin. At least he's honest and principled, I can respect that. I haven't heard about him knocking down doors to get a piece of Obama's plan.

I don't think most Democratic governors or senators have ever proclaimed they are against federal aid to their states, so they aren't being totally dishonest and hypocritical.

Palin is really standing out from the crowd for pathological lying and hypocrisy. And the hilarious thing is, McCain appears to be doing a better job of representing the alleged "fiscal conservative" values of far rightwing Bush supporting message board posters, than their Hero palin is! :lol:

Palin=Politician=Pathological liar

Repudlican=politician=pathological liar

Dimocrat=politician=pathological liar

I don't understand this at all. What happened to the agenda of the GOP of fiscal responsibility? Is limited government no longer a part of the agenda? The Republicans are as guilty as the Democrats for pandering to the voters for handouts. The only reason the Democrats won were the social prohibitions brought into the GOP by the religious right.

The stimulus plan will increase the government programs and take more responsibility away from the individual citizens. I guess we have finally reached the point where we are too stupid to know what we must not do and we will demand the government to tell us. In my world, if you are too stupid to know that abortions are wrong, you are too stupid to vote. If you think gays will disappear if they have no rights to marry, stay home from the elections.

The government broke the back of economics and yet everyone wants the government to fix it. The Republicans had zero plans to help health care and then they wonder why Obama won.

The Democrats won on the agenda of "tell me what you want." The Republicans lost trying to destroy the Democrats. Can I call this bullshit on this forum? Unless the GOP comes up with an agenda of sensible economics we are doomed to become a third world nation. Who is leading the GOP? Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. That right there is a disaster!

I give up on the GOP and will work to help develop a cleaner agenda as an Independent.

So Palin, hero to the GOP base, is a pathological liar. She premised her whole VP campaign on the assertion that she turned down pork from washington and was in lock step with McCain on hatred of "pork". What a liar.

Why are you surprised?

After all, why should any politician who has the ability to legally confiscate and waste your money AND be able to incarcerate you if you don't comply not try to take as much as he or she can from you?

This is just the beginning folks.

Not only will we have federal and state income, sales, and excise taxes, we're going to be paying county, town, city and neighborhood taxes before too long unless we put a stop to the fucking politicians.

Americans are clearly paying too much in taxes in relationship to what they get for them.

Without doubt.

Bad government is bad.

Palin is really standing out from the crowd for pathological lying and hypocrisy. And the hilarious thing is, McCain appears to be doing a better job of representing the alleged "fiscal conservative" values of far rightwing Bush supporting message board posters, than their Hero palin is! :lol:

Yeah and then you forget the hypocrisy of being a "fiscal conservative" :tongue: :

fiscal-conservative.jpg

Yeah and then you forget the hypocrisy of being a "fiscal conservative" :tongue: :

fiscal-conservative.jpg
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was NO surplus
it was a lie

and btw, NEITHER Bush was a conservative

haley barbour has done a good job as governor of mississippi (im a democrat) he may try to act like he's saving face, but he will take the money.

Folks...it's the STATE GOVERNMENTS which end up dealing with day to day, face to face the fallout of the economic meltdown.

They run the welfare systems, the medicade systems and so forth.

They end up having to deal with increasing crime.

They're the ones who get the calls from people who don't have heat and food.

They're the ones who have to find shelters for those who are losing their homes.

So while the economic meltdown is mostly something theoretical for the Feds, it's a very REAL thing for the States.

Hence, the States, even those run by Republicans, understand what apparently many of you do not yet understand...that this crises is bad and getting worse ever day.

fiscal-conservative.jpg
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was NO surplus
it was a lie

I see. But there was not a huge deficit, either. And Clinton's bookkeeping, such as it was, was far more honest than W's.

Let's see now, how does the modern conservative litany go, I never supported Bush except for eight years, and all the patriot decisions he made that you traitors vilified that resulted in two failed wars and a failed economy, I never supported. LOL. What whiney little cretins you people are turning out to be. No responsibility for your decisions, and, by God, don't hold a Republican responsible for any criminal actions that he has done. LOL

fiscal-conservative.jpg
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was NO surplus
it was a lie

I see. But there was not a huge deficit, either. And Clinton's bookkeeping, such as it was, was far more honest than W's.

Let's see now, how does the modern conservative litany go, I never supported Bush except for eight years, and all the patriot decisions he made that you traitors vilified that resulted in two failed wars and a failed economy, I never supported. LOL. What whiney little cretins you people are turning out to be. No responsibility for your decisions, and, by God, don't hold a Republican responsible for any criminal actions that he has done. LOL
no it wasnt, they all do shit with it to try and make it look better than it was

fiscal-conservative.jpg
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was NO surplus
it was a lie

Ow great man, really great. Now you fucked up the joke.

Now we need a new cartoon. lol

Last edited:

It would be kind of stupid for a Republican govenor to turn billions down, when the taxpayers of his/her state will be paying it back, wouldn't it?

However it's a real stretch on YOUR part to believe that since they want their fair share, that somehow meant they support this huge so-called stimulus bill & would have voted for it.

Sarah Palin & many other Republican governors would not have voted for this stimulus bill had they had a vote in congress. That is a 100% certainy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back