Republican compassion ...Wait what? :)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Federal Bill to Legalize CBD Oil Introduced by Pennsylvania Republican

Federal Bill to Legalize Some Medical Marijuana Introduced in Congress

"WASHINGTON, DC — A Republican Congressman from Pennsylvania will introduce a bill to Congress that would make cannabidiol legal under federal law. Also known as CBD oil, the marijuana-based oil has been shown to reduce seizures in children with debilitating epilepsy.

US Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA) announced the bill at a press conference Monday.

“These children and individuals like them deserve a chance to lead a healthy and productive life and our government shouldn’t stand in the way,” Perry said.

If passed, the “Charlotte’s Web Medical Hemp Act of 2014″ would allow states to permit patients suffering from epilepsy and related conditions to use an oil that is extremely low in THC but high in CBD content.

Under current federal law, any product made from marijuana is illegal, as cannabis remains classified as a Schedule I drug by the federal government.

The bill would give children and adults with epilepsy and other seizure disorders access to cannabidiol for treatment by removing CBD oil and therapeutic hemp from the federal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act, Perry said."

rest at link

I learned a while back that most Big Pharma drugs are petroleum based so Big Pharma resists most all natural cures.

Woulda thought they mostly all come from plants. :)

This Republican was on CNN last night, and I found myself very impressed by him. Did a few double-takes noting the (R), rubbing my eyes, looking again. :)

Forum List

Back