Republican Budget cuts will cost 1 million Americans their jobs

Liberals are suddenly concerned about jobs???!! ROFL!! You idiots have held the majority since 2006 and haven't done SHIT in job creation.. in fact, on the liberal watch, unemployment has gone from the low 4% to now 11 and 12 percent and that number doesn't include those who have fallen off of the unemployment roles. No one buys in to the liberal whinefest now taking place over job creation..Bunch of damn loons.

The senate was 49 to 49 from 2006 to 2008 with two independents.

Every president runs on the budget of the previous president for the first 8 months they are in office. Everyone knows that. The last day of Clinton's budget, unemployment was 5.3%. The last day of Bush's budget, unemployment was 10.1%. Currently, it's around 9%.

How can anyone debate people who don't know anything except what their delusional minds imagine?

Right wingers. Never know what they are talking about. Too bad they can't feel shame.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!! It's BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH and his evil hurricane machine~ You liberals are paranoid schitzos. Honestly, what's it like to live in a hate W bubble?! Liberals have had the purse strings for 4 years now.

Oh yea, hand over the keys to the house after you burned it down. Thanks a fucking lot.

Every president runs on the budget of the previous president for the first 8 months they are in office. Everyone knows that. The last day of Clinton's budget, unemployment was 5.3%. The last day of Bush's budget, unemployment was 10.1%. Currently, it's around 9%.

How can anyone debate people who don't know anything except what their delusional minds imagine?

Right wingers. Never know what they are talking about. Too bad they can't feel shame.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!! It's BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH and his evil hurricane machine~ You liberals are paranoid schitzos. Honestly, what's it like to live in a hate W bubble?! Liberals have had the purse strings for 4 years now.

Oh yea, hand over the keys to the house after you burned it down. Thanks a fucking lot.

Really? Then why does Obama continue to pur gasoline on the embers?

Are you really this stupid?

I think the estimates by the Dems are a little soft on this.....I believe this will cost over 25 million jobs in the first quarter alone....

I read this on the World Wide Webbie thing....So it must be true...
Maybe Obama should try a radical approach like a Stimulus Plan if you will...
Let's start a little cautious at first and work our way up.What do you say we start with 3.5 trillion dollars just to get the ball rolling.Then we really get aggressive...what do you say Libs.
Maybe some shovel ready jobs are in order.

Last edited:
washington_post_masthead.jpg

"So be it."

That was House Speaker John Boehner's cold answer when asked Tuesday about job losses that would come from his new Republican majority's plans to cut tens of billions of dollars in government spending this year.

"Do you have any sort of estimate on how many jobs will be lost through this?" Pacifica Radio's Leigh Ann Caldwell inquired at a news conference just before the House began its debate on the cuts.

Boehner stood firm in his polished tassel loafers. "Since President Obama has taken office the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs, and if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it," he said.

"Do you have any estimate of how many will?" Caldwell pressed. "And won't that negatively impact the economy?"

"I do not," Boehner replied, moving to the next questioner.

Well, Mr. Speaker, I do. I checked with budget expert Scott Lilly of the Center for American Progress, and, using the usual multipliers, he calculated that the cuts - a net of $59 billion in the last half of fiscal 2011 - would lead to the loss of 650,000 government jobs, and the indirect loss of 325,000 more jobs as fewer government workers travel and buy things. That's nearly 1 million jobs - possibly enough to tip the economy back into recession.

So be it?

More

Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all.
Edmund Burke

and what the democrats did the past 4 years has cost 3 times as many jobs.

I think the estimates by the Dems are a little soft on this.....I believe this will cost over 25 million jobs in the first quarter alone....

Let's start a little cautious at first and work our way up.What do you say we start with 3.5 trillion dollars just to get the ball rolling.Then we really get aggressive...what do you say Libs.

Last edited by a moderator:

U cud doo sum ree search.

Republicans want take credit for what Obama did because they have no class

Last edited by a moderator:

U cud doo sum ree search.

Republicans want take credit for what Obama did because they have no class

YOU should be more careful in your posts...your Giggle Serach BY YOU:

114 republicans take credit for stimulus

Just cannot hep yerself canya deany bub?

:lol:

Actually, it's a lot more stupid than you can ever imagine.

We won.

Get over it.

Winning an election does not mean you can destroy the middle class and the poor.

And some people, your fellow Americans will NOT get over it...they will cease to exist.

Tell me again how getting the budget in order destroys the middle class? Or, is this just more of the "they're gonna make old people eat dog food" nonsense?

:eusa_drool:

There are a lot of ways to get the budget in order. Doing it at the expense of people who can least afford it has to be the LAST solution, not the first. All we heard from Republicans after the crash of the economy is that the worst thing you can do during a recession is raise the taxes of the rich. NO...the worse thing you can do is cut services to the people whose existence depends upon them and cutting off people's source of income in a job market where there are not enough jobs for the people already unemployed. Now, that Republicans secured the Bush tax cuts for the rich, their solution is to cut jobs and services to the middle class and the poor. That is not only the worse thing you can do during a recession, it is cruel and unusual treatment of citizens of this country who were in NO WAY TO BLAME for the crash. If you really can't understand that Soggy, then I have to question your understanding of what a civil society is.

The question shouldn't be about people being forced to eat dog food, it should be about the opulent having to order a few less cases of caviar.

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Actually, it's a lot more stupid than you can ever imagine.

I CAN imagine...deany and his fellow Statists are outta touch and grasping for whatever they can grab on to...

they have painted themselves into a proverbial corner...and can't get out of it.

So as RATS cornered...they get really MEAN

Liberals are suddenly concerned about jobs???!! ROFL!! You idiots have held the majority since 2006 and haven't done SHIT in job creation.. in fact, on the liberal watch, unemployment has gone from the low 4% to now 11 and 12 percent and that number doesn't include those who have fallen off of the unemployment roles. No one buys in to the liberal whinefest now taking place over job creation..Bunch of damn loons.

deany hates republicans so much he can't see the mess the democrats have made

Winning an election does not mean you can destroy the middle class and the poor.

And some people, your fellow Americans will NOT get over it...they will cease to exist.

Tell me again how getting the budget in order destroys the middle class? Or, is this just more of the "they're gonna make old people eat dog food" nonsense?

:eusa_drool:

There are a lot of ways to get the budget in order. Doing it at the expense of people who can least afford it has to be the LAST solution, not the first. All we heard from Republicans after the crash of the economy is that the worst thing you can do during a recession is raise the taxes of the rich. NO...the worse thing you can do is cut services to the people whose existence depends upon them and cutting off people's source of income in a job market where there are not enough jobs for the people already unemployed. Now, that Republicans secured the Bush tax cuts for the rich, their solution is to cut jobs and services to the middle class and the poor. That is not only the worse thing you can do during a recession, it is cruel and unusual treatment of citizens of this country who were in NO WAY TO BLAME for the crash. If you really can't understand that Soggy, then I have to question your understanding of what a civil society is.

The question shouldn't be about people being forced to eat dog food, it should be about the opulent having to order a few less cases of caviar.

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Wow, you really have put a lot of thought into this! :lol:

And tell me again what policies have created people as you put it, whose existence depends upon them ? That's civil society? Generation after generation living off the taxpayer?

Sounds like B.S. to me.

deany hates republicans so much he can't see the mess the democrats have made

The lad's a tad mental.

washington_post_masthead.jpg

"So be it."

That was House Speaker John Boehner's cold answer when asked Tuesday about job losses that would come from his new Republican majority's plans to cut tens of billions of dollars in government spending this year.

"Do you have any sort of estimate on how many jobs will be lost through this?" Pacifica Radio's Leigh Ann Caldwell inquired at a news conference just before the House began its debate on the cuts.

Boehner stood firm in his polished tassel loafers. "Since President Obama has taken office the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs, and if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it," he said.

"Do you have any estimate of how many will?" Caldwell pressed. "And won't that negatively impact the economy?"

"I do not," Boehner replied, moving to the next questioner.

Well, Mr. Speaker, I do. I checked with budget expert Scott Lilly of the Center for American Progress, and, using the usual multipliers, he calculated that the cuts - a net of $59 billion in the last half of fiscal 2011 - would lead to the loss of 650,000 government jobs, and the indirect loss of 325,000 more jobs as fewer government workers travel and buy things. That's nearly 1 million jobs - possibly enough to tip the economy back into recession.

So be it?

More

Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all.
Edmund Burke

Are these the same multipliers that told me the stimulus created 3 million jobs? Are we going to loose an imaginary 1 million of the imaginary 3 million jobs Obama created?

:confused:

I have to admit this is where liberal math always confuses me. Why should I be upset about loosing jobs that never existed?

Funny how Dims scream about job losses, and then also want cuts in military spending.

What do you think cuts in military spending will do?

End welfare for corporations.

The Defense Department awarded billions of dollars worth of contracts between 2007 and 2009 to companies accused of defrauding the Pentagon, according to a preliminary report.

According to the report by the Pentagon's office of the undersecretary for acquisition, between 2007 and 2009:

• $682.1 million in contracts were awarded to 30 Defense contractors who had been convicted of criminal fraud, resulting in judgments including fines, restitution, suspensions or debarments.

• $280 billion in contracts were awarded to 91 contractors who had incurred civil judgments, and 120 contractors who had settled charges of fraud.

• $992.5 million in contracts were awarded to 43 contractors who had been suspended from contracting with the Pentagon. They were awarded more than $3.8 million while they were suspended.

• $4 billion in contracts were awarded to 164 contractors who had been debarred. They received $15 million in contracts after they were debarred.

Report: DoD awarded billions to firms despite fraud - FederalTimes.com

I agree, we should end all corporate welfare. We could start by ending all subsidies for green jobs, then move on to the ethanol subsidies, then subsidies for museums, high speed rail, transit agencies...

Why do I hear a bunch of liberals screaming in pain and horror?

10.1%???

Are you saying the government lied to me?

By the way, Obama signed the budget for 2009 in March of 2009. It seems that the Democratic House refused to pass Bush's budget, and no budget was actually passed until Obama was already in office. You might want to check the facts before blaming Bush for everything.

Last edited:
Funny how Dims scream about job losses, and then also want cuts in military spending.

What do you think cuts in military spending will do?

End welfare for corporations.

The Defense Department awarded billions of dollars worth of contracts between 2007 and 2009 to companies accused of defrauding the Pentagon, according to a preliminary report.

According to the report by the Pentagon's office of the undersecretary for acquisition, between 2007 and 2009:

• $682.1 million in contracts were awarded to 30 Defense contractors who had been convicted of criminal fraud, resulting in judgments including fines, restitution, suspensions or debarments.

• $280 billion in contracts were awarded to 91 contractors who had incurred civil judgments, and 120 contractors who had settled charges of fraud.

• $992.5 million in contracts were awarded to 43 contractors who had been suspended from contracting with the Pentagon. They were awarded more than $3.8 million while they were suspended.

• $4 billion in contracts were awarded to 164 contractors who had been debarred. They received $15 million in contracts after they were debarred.

Report: DoD awarded billions to firms despite fraud - FederalTimes.com

LOL, 4 years of a Dem House/Senate and 2 years of a Dem President/House/Seante with 2 more years of a Dem President/Senate and you still won't see a decline in military spending... Of course you will KEEP seeing Dems expand it all LOL. Yes, it's all the evil Reps!

10.1%???

Are you saying the government lied to me?

What's MORE troubling is that HE is just finding this out. :lol:

Forum List

Back