Republican Budget cuts will cost 1 million Americans their jobs

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
washington_post_masthead.jpg

"So be it."

That was House Speaker John Boehner's cold answer when asked Tuesday about job losses that would come from his new Republican majority's plans to cut tens of billions of dollars in government spending this year.

"Do you have any sort of estimate on how many jobs will be lost through this?" Pacifica Radio's Leigh Ann Caldwell inquired at a news conference just before the House began its debate on the cuts.

Boehner stood firm in his polished tassel loafers. "Since President Obama has taken office the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs, and if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it," he said.

"Do you have any estimate of how many will?" Caldwell pressed. "And won't that negatively impact the economy?"

"I do not," Boehner replied, moving to the next questioner.

Well, Mr. Speaker, I do. I checked with budget expert Scott Lilly of the Center for American Progress, and, using the usual multipliers, he calculated that the cuts - a net of $59 billion in the last half of fiscal 2011 - would lead to the loss of 650,000 government jobs, and the indirect loss of 325,000 more jobs as fewer government workers travel and buy things. That's nearly 1 million jobs - possibly enough to tip the economy back into recession.

So be it?

More

Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all.
Edmund Burke

Well then I guess we should just keep spending 1.5 Trillion dollars a year more than we take in. So they can keep their Jobs.

Yea Einstein...let's put a million people in the employments line, and instead of having them be productive taxpayers, we'll put them on the public dole...fucking BRILLIANT!

Why should Americans worry about corporations outsourcing jobs, when we have a party in this country that will just OUT the door jobs.

Well then I guess we should just keep spending 1.5 Trillion dollars a year more than we take in. So they can keep their Jobs.

Yea Einstein...let's put a million people in the employments line, and instead of having them be productive taxpayers, we'll put them on the public dole...fucking BRILLIANT!

Why should Americans worry about corporations outsourcing jobs, when we have a party in this country that will just OUT the door jobs.

The DC whores moved 14,000 US factories overseas via the "American Jobs Creation Act" by using tax breaks to outsource US jobs. Now the DC whores expect US taxpayers to pay about $1m/job like the stimulus scam. Borrow from the Chinese, add it to the Debt, and now pay interest on it too.
Obama fucked-up when he caved on extending the Bush tax-cuts another 2-years. Now he has to deal with the deficit first.

bleeding heart liberals... crap... (that was for my dad who was a captain of american industry in the 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's and 90's) there were a lot of people men and woman, who could have been president that took care of all the important business of the day.

Funny how Dims scream about job losses, and then also want cuts in military spending.

What do you think cuts in military spending will do?

End welfare for corporations.

The Defense Department awarded billions of dollars worth of contracts between 2007 and 2009 to companies accused of defrauding the Pentagon, according to a preliminary report.

According to the report by the Pentagon's office of the undersecretary for acquisition, between 2007 and 2009:

• $682.1 million in contracts were awarded to 30 Defense contractors who had been convicted of criminal fraud, resulting in judgments including fines, restitution, suspensions or debarments.

• $280 billion in contracts were awarded to 91 contractors who had incurred civil judgments, and 120 contractors who had settled charges of fraud.

• $992.5 million in contracts were awarded to 43 contractors who had been suspended from contracting with the Pentagon. They were awarded more than $3.8 million while they were suspended.

• $4 billion in contracts were awarded to 164 contractors who had been debarred. They received $15 million in contracts after they were debarred.

Report: DoD awarded billions to firms despite fraud - FederalTimes.com

We won.

Get over it.

Winning an election does not mean you can destroy the middle class and the poor.

And some people, your fellow Americans will NOT get over it...they will cease to exist.

We won.

Get over it.

Winning an election does not mean you can destroy the middle class and the poor.

And some people, your fellow Americans will NOT get over it...they will cease to exist.

Tell me again how getting the budget in order destroys the middle class? Or, is this just more of the "they're gonna make old people eat dog food" nonsense?

:eusa_drool:

Bfgrn, Personally I'd like to see a whole lot more than 650,000 Federal Employees lose their jobs. I'd like probably about 90% of the non-military Federal Employees lose their jobs. Not because I have anything against those individuals, but because their jobs are unConstitutional and are costing me money via my taxes. Oh, and before you say... "Well, you'll just have to pay for their unemployment and/or welfare benefits..." Those are two of the programs that I believe need to be done away with as unConstitutional, so NO I wouldn't have to pay for that either.

Liberals are suddenly concerned about jobs???!! ROFL!! You idiots have held the majority since 2006 and haven't done SHIT in job creation.. in fact, on the liberal watch, unemployment has gone from the low 4% to now 11 and 12 percent and that number doesn't include those who have fallen off of the unemployment roles. No one buys in to the liberal whinefest now taking place over job creation..Bunch of damn loons.

Liberals are suddenly concerned about jobs???!! ROFL!! You idiots have held the majority since 2006 and haven't done SHIT in job creation.. in fact, on the liberal watch, unemployment has gone from the low 4% to now 11 and 12 percent and that number doesn't include those who have fallen off of the unemployment roles. No one buys in to the liberal whinefest now taking place over job creation..Bunch of damn loons.

The senate was 49 to 49 from 2006 to 2008 with two independents.

Every president runs on the budget of the previous president for the first 8 months they are in office. Everyone knows that. The last day of Clinton's budget, unemployment was 5.3%. The last day of Bush's budget, unemployment was 10.1%. Currently, it's around 9%.

How can anyone debate people who don't know anything except what their delusional minds imagine?

Right wingers. Never know what they are talking about. Too bad they can't feel shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
The right wants government shrunk. 1 millions jobs is, I'm sorry to say, a small price to pay for the larger picture. It's a means to an end.

Hate me now.

Every president runs on the budget of the previous president for the first 8 months they are in office. Everyone knows that. The last day of Clinton's budget, unemployment was 5.3%. The last day of Bush's budget, unemployment was 10.1%. Currently, it's around 9%.

How can anyone debate people who don't know anything except what their delusional minds imagine?

Right wingers. Never know what they are talking about. Too bad they can't feel shame.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!! It's BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH and his evil hurricane machine~ You liberals are paranoid schitzos. Honestly, what's it like to live in a hate W bubble?! Liberals have had the purse strings for 4 years now.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!! It's BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH and his evil hurricane machine~ You liberals are paranoid schitzos. Honestly, what's it like to live in a hate W bubble?! Liberals have had the purse strings for 4 years now.

And it doesn't stop them does it? Hell? Why not go farther into history? That's right...they deny history.

What these idiots don't KNOW of themselves?

History didn't start the day they were born.

But yet they remain in a state of denial of what came before them, and refuse to look.

Forum List

Back