Republican Blurts Out That Sick People Don’t Deserve Affordable Care

Rather than increase government spending and control, we need to address the root causes of poor health. This begins with the realization that every American adult is responsible for his or her own health.

Republican health care plan: stay healthy or die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That headline sure is a lie. Guess if that's all you got ...

Please enlighten me as to what the Republican health care plan is.

Poor people already have Medicaid.

That depends some non Medicaid expansion states do not.

We are the fattest country. Be proactive and be healthy by eating right and exercising and you will not need to depend on medicinal care as much.
More blame the victim nonsense

Fact is, people get sick and get injured

We do not punish people who are sick or use their health insurance

You're once again misstating what I said. Accidents and injuries do happen as well as illnesses, as a father, I see that with my kids, but if you keep a healthy lifestyle you are less prone to diabetes, high cholesterol, joint and muscle pain, etc. We can have both. You Leftists are such morons that you take a statement where I propose people live better and state I am "blaming the victim". You're such a loser. Go smoke another cigarette.
The point is that EVERYONE deserves to be covered if they get seriously sick. You should not go bankrupt if you get cancer

Other countries who are not as wealthy as we are, manage to do it
No asshole, that was not my point. In terms of car insurance those who are experienced, drive older cars, live in safer neighborhoods and drive fewer miles pay less than those who drive newer cars, are less experienced and get into accidents. In terms of health insurance I should pay less than some fat ass smoker in premiums. Our coverage should be the same, I am not disputing that, you uneducated Lefitst lemming.
No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

If your kid was born with a disability, or you have a heart condition, or god forbid you get pregnant

You should not be placed in a high risk pool that puts your financial future in jeopardy.

We should not punish people for being sick
I agree but if we are both healthy and you’re a smoker and I am not you should pay more. All things being equal. You keep using dramatic cases, which are less than 1% of most subscribers. Don’t be a dink.

In terms of life insurance I pay a lot less as I was deemed as such posts tests. Why can it not be the same for health insurance and again dont give me extreme examples. Don’t be a Leftist loser for once.

You're once again misstating what I said. Accidents and injuries do happen as well as illnesses, as a father, I see that with my kids, but if you keep a healthy lifestyle you are less prone to diabetes, high cholesterol, joint and muscle pain, etc. We can have both. You Leftists are such morons that you take a statement where I propose people live better and state I am "blaming the victim". You're such a loser. Go smoke another cigarette.
The point is that EVERYONE deserves to be covered if they get seriously sick. You should not go bankrupt if you get cancer

No asshole, that was not my point. In terms of car insurance those who are experienced, drive older cars, live in safer neighborhoods and drive fewer miles pay less than those who drive newer cars, are less experienced and get into accidents. In terms of health insurance I should pay less than some fat ass smoker in premiums. Our coverage should be the same, I am not disputing that, you uneducated Lefitst lemming.
No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

If your kid was born with a disability, or you have a heart condition, or god forbid you get pregnant

You should not be placed in a high risk pool that puts your financial future in jeopardy.

I agree but if we are both healthy and you’re a smoker and I am not you should pay more. All things being equal. You keep using dramatic cases, which are less than 1% of most subscribers. Don’t be a dink.

In terms of life insurance I pay a lot less as I was deemed as such posts tests. Why can it not be the same for health insurance and again dont give me extreme examples. Don’t be a Leftist loser for once.
No they are not just one percent
It is each and every one of us
The overwhelming majority of our healthcare dollar is used by those 65 and older. We will all, hopefully, be there some day.

Thankfully, smokers are a small percentage of our society today. Whatever we are doing is working

No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

The overwhelming majority of our healthcare dollar is used by those 65 and older. We will all, hopefully, be there some day.

Thankfully, smokers are a small percentage of our society today. Whatever we are doing is working
Should they pay more for healthcare than nonsmoking people? Yes or no? Should fat asses pay more than those who eat better and exercise. Should those who abuse alcohol pay more? Yes or no? You Leftists just make excuses.

rightwinger said:
Basically, that means Republicans only want to insure well people.
The Problem With Progs
Is Their Minds Interpret And Translate Otherwise Plain Conversational English

Telling The Masses How Miserable They Have It
And How Wronged They Are
Is A Prog's Stock In Trade Bread And Butter
Just Look At The Dem's Presidential Platform

I Almost Forgot The False Emotional Appeals

No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

Should they pay more for healthcare than nonsmoking people? Yes or no? Should fat asses pay more than those who eat better and exercise. Should those who abuse alcohol pay more? Yes or no? You Leftists just make excuses.

Yes and they do in some states.

No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

Should be EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

Should be EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then you have a problem with your state.

I am pretty sure it is up to the employer and NOT the state. Link that I am wrong.

I am pretty sure it is up to the employer and NOT the state. Link that I am wrong.

Why didn't you say you were referring to group insurance? Not everyone has group and has to purchase an individual plan and if they use tobacco they can pay up to 50% more in premiums.

No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

No
Sick people should be treated
Period

Healthcare is healthcare. You don’t open the door for insurers to cherry pick their clients. Insure one, you insure all.....no exceptions

How Smoking Affects Your Health Insurance Premiums -

This below is not the case in my state and varies from insurance company.

You will pay more for health insurance – but how much more?
On average, smokers will typically pay 15-20% higher premiums than non-smokers with equivalent demographics and health conditions. If the monthly premium for a non-smoker is $500 per month, it will be upwards of $600 for a smoker.

rightwinger said:
Basically, that means Republicans only want to insure well people.
The Problem With Progs
Is Their Minds Interpret And Translate Otherwise Plain Conversational English

Telling The Masses How Miserable They Have It
And How Wronged They Are
Is A Prog's Stock In Trade Bread And Butter
Just Look At The Dem's Presidential Platform

I Almost Forgot The False Emotional Appeals

Defending sick people against greedy capitalists is a Progs stock in trade
Defending greedy capitalists and helping them make more is a conservatives stock in trade

Rather than increase government spending and control, we need to address the root causes of poor health. This begins with the realization that every American adult is responsible for his or her own health.

I guess you missed the part where he said that some people have preexisting conditions through no fault of their own and in such cases we need to help.

What You Need to Know About Smoking and Health Insurance

Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), health insurance premiums are based on the following factors: plan category, the number of individuals on the policy, age, location, and tobacco use. , Many insurance companies can factor in tobacco use in order to increase health insurance rates for smokers.

The practice of charging tobacco users more is called tobacco rating. The ACA allows for insurance companies to charge smokers up to 50 percent more than non-smokers through a tobacco surcharge. Although this is allowed, it doesn't mean that all states have decided to implement this charge. As demonstrated below, tobacco surcharges can vary from state to state.

States Charging Below 50 percent:

• Arkansas – 20 percent
  • Colorado – 15 percent
  • Kentucky – 40 percent
States Charging the Maximum 50 Percent:

• Alabama
  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

I do agree with Melania Trump when she eloquently said:

"Obesity isn't some simple discreet issue...there isn't one cause we can pinpoint or one program we can fund to make it go away...rather it is an issue that touches on every aspect of how we live and how we work...so childhood obesity is a critically important issue to me because it is critically important to the health and success of our children and our nation, ultimately."

Melania didn't actually say this...…..but I still agree with it.....

I guess you missed the part where he said that some people have preexisting conditions through no fault of their own and in such cases we need to help.
I remember when republicans did everything in their power to prevent people with pre-existing conditions from being protected --- what happened?? did yall lose that fight already??

We are the fattest country. Be proactive and be healthy by eating right and exercising and you will not need to depend on medicinal care as much.

No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

the life's blood of the base republican is feeling as tho they are punishing others -- preferably others whom they deem themselves to be superior to...

and it seems they only change their mind when it happens to them or someone they know....

Good thing most of us liberals are not that self centered and narcissistic with our policy making.....

Forum List

Back