Republican Blurts Out That Sick People Don’t Deserve Affordable Care

There is a large portion of the GOP that doesn’t want public healthcare

Dems need to run hard on this

Rather than increase government spending and control, we need to address the root causes of poor health. This begins with the realization that every American adult is responsible for his or her own health.

Republican health care plan: stay healthy or die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That headline sure is a lie. Guess if that's all you got ...

Please enlighten me as to what the Republican health care plan is.

Rather than increase government spending and control, we need to address the root causes of poor health. This begins with the realization that every American adult is responsible for his or her own health.

That is pretty much the law of the jungle dictating health policy. Shockingly inhumane.

Poor people already have Medicaid.

There is a large portion of the GOP that doesn’t want public healthcare

Dems need to run hard on this

I think they already are. It's why they're going to lose. Unfortunately.
They did very well with healthcare in 2018

If you rely on Obamacare exchanges, Republicans will take away your healthcare and leave you with nothing

Poor people already have Medicaid.
That’s about it

If you are self employed or low skilled you might as soon die

For Those That Blurt Out Without Knowing
Here's The Quote From The First Paragraph:

“It will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher health care costs to contribute more to the insurance pool that helps offset all these costs, thereby reducing the cost to those people who lead good lives, they’re healthy, they’ve done the things to keep their bodies healthy,” explained Brooks.
“And right now, those are the people who have done things the right way that are seeing their costs skyrocketing.”

For Those That Blurt Out Without Knowing
Here's The Quote From The First Paragraph:

“It will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher health care costs to contribute more to the insurance pool that helps offset all these costs, thereby reducing the cost to those people who lead good lives, they’re healthy, they’ve done the things to keep their bodies healthy,” explained Brooks.
“And right now, those are the people who have done things the right way that are seeing their costs skyrocketing.”
Basically, that means Republicans only want to insure well people.
Just what Insurance Companies want

We are the fattest country. Be proactive and be healthy by eating right and exercising and you will not need to depend on medicinal care as much.

I agree: every adult IS responsible for their own health. And a poor job we're doing with that, too.

We are the fattest country. Be proactive and be healthy by eating right and exercising and you will not need to depend on medicinal care as much.
More blame the victim nonsense

Fact is, people get sick and get injured

We do not punish people who are sick or use their health insurance

You're once again misstating what I said. Accidents and injuries do happen as well as illnesses, as a father, I see that with my kids, but if you keep a healthy lifestyle you are less prone to diabetes, high cholesterol, joint and muscle pain, etc. We can have both. You Leftists are such morons that you take a statement where I propose people live better and state I am "blaming the victim". You're such a loser. Go smoke another cigarette.

If you rely on Obamacare exchanges, Republicans will take away your healthcare and leave you with nothing

Yep. That's what happens when you rely on government for life's necessities. They become a political football and will be in jeopardy with every election cycle. That's why we should avoid it like the plague.

Where was it that that Republican blurted out that sick people don't deserve affordable care? What he said...way back in 2017...is that it's unfair to make people who have led healthy lives to pay more to cover those people who have not. It's NOT saying stay healthy or die! It's saying take responsibility for your own choices in life...it's saying people should understand that if you smoke, drink to excess, do drugs, eat unhealthy foods and never exercise...that you should pay more than someone who doesn't do those things!

You're once again misstating what I said. Accidents and injuries do happen as well as illnesses, as a father, I see that with my kids, but if you keep a healthy lifestyle you are less prone to diabetes, high cholesterol, joint and muscle pain, etc. We can have both. You Leftists are such morons that you take a statement where I propose people live better and state I am "blaming the victim". You're such a loser. Go smoke another cigarette.
The point is that EVERYONE deserves to be covered if they get seriously sick. You should not go bankrupt if you get cancer

Other countries who are not as wealthy as we are, manage to do it

The point is that EVERYONE deserves to be covered if they get seriously sick. You should not go bankrupt if you get cancer

No asshole, that was not my point. In terms of car insurance those who are experienced, drive older cars, live in safer neighborhoods and drive fewer miles pay less than those who drive newer cars, are less experienced and get into accidents. In terms of health insurance I should pay less than some fat ass smoker in premiums. Our coverage should be the same, I am not disputing that, you uneducated Lefitst lemming.

No asshole, that was not my point. In terms of car insurance those who are experienced, drive older cars, live in safer neighborhoods and drive fewer miles pay less than those who drive newer cars, are less experienced and get into accidents. In terms of health insurance I should pay less than some fat ass smoker in premiums. Our coverage should be the same, I am not disputing that, you uneducated Lefitst lemming.
No it shouldn’t be
This is people’s life

If your kid was born with a disability, or you have a heart condition, or god forbid you get pregnant

You should not be placed in a high risk pool that puts your financial future in jeopardy.

We should not punish people for being sick

Forum List

Back