Republican Battle Plan!

Pretty much what many of us have been saying for a few years now. The party needs to communicate a clear and positive vision of America's future. They sure as hell haven't been doing so for a long time now.

They've been great at attacking each other and Obama, though. Yuck. Then they wonder why their poll numbers are so lousy.

Why do you think Cantor is out? Why do you think McConnell was almost out? The BASE knows what is wrong and is trying. A contract with America would be a good idea. A resurrected Reagan would be a great idea. Milk toast leftist like McCain and Bush are not the answer..

The question is whether "the base" - which appears from the outside to be the more absolutist, libertarian element of the party - is large enough to deliver electoral victory. My guess is that it's not nearly big enough, but I'm lousy at predicting politics. I am, however, fairly confident that independents in general aren't really thrilled with the Republican base.

Granted, McCain and Romney weren't terribly good candidates, but I'm not convinced that it was because they weren't conservative enough.

Pretty much what many of us have been saying for a few years now. The party needs to communicate a clear and positive vision of America's future. They sure as hell haven't been doing so for a long time now.

They've been great at attacking each other and Obama, though. Yuck. Then they wonder why their poll numbers are so lousy.

Why do you think Cantor is out? Why do you think McConnell was almost out? The BASE knows what is wrong and is trying. A contract with America would be a good idea. A resurrected Reagan would be a great idea. Milk toast leftist like McCain and Bush are not the answer..

The question is whether "the base" - which appears from the outside to be the more absolutist, libertarian element of the party - is large enough to deliver electoral victory. My guess is that it's not nearly big enough, but I'm lousy at predicting politics. I am, however, fairly confident that independents in general aren't really thrilled with the Republican base.

Granted, McCain and Romney weren't terribly good candidates, but I'm not convinced that it was because they weren't conservative enough.

The problem for Republicans is that they don't have any candidates who are as good as McCain or Romney

Republicans are taking a beating in battleground states. Unless they figure out a way to take two thirds of the electoral votes in those states, they can't win

As it is, they are doing worse in those states than 2008 and 2012 and many of those once "purple" states are now blue

Yepp.

In current polling in Ohio, Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Michigan, Hillary is so far ahead of most of the GOP crowd that, if these numbers hold, those states won't even be battleground states at all. Of all of the battlegrounds from 2008 and 2012, the one state that really looks close right now is CO.

She is scant low single digits behind the GOP in LA, slightly ahead (or behind) in AR and KY, no polling yet in MO at all, definitely behind in WV, in single digits in TX.

Republicans are taking a beating in battleground states. Unless they figure out a way to take two thirds of the electoral votes in those states, they can't win

As it is, they are doing worse in those states than 2008 and 2012 and many of those once "purple" states are now blue

Yepp.

In current polling in Ohio, Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Michigan, Hillary is so far ahead of most of the GOP crowd that, if these numbers hold, those states won't even be battleground states at all. Of all of the battlegrounds from 2008 and 2012, the one state that really looks close right now is CO.

She is scant low single digits behind the GOP in LA, slightly ahead (or behind) in AR and KY, no polling yet in MO at all, definitely behind in WV, in single digits in TX.

It is still too early of course.....

Until we know who the Republicans are running, we won't know how badly they will be beaten

Republican wet-dream EV map, 2016:

2016 GOP wet dream map.png

Republican reality EV map, 2016:

2016 GOP reality map.png

Stupid post of the day: "Why do you think Cantor is out? Why do you think McConnell was almost out? The BASE knows what is wrong and is trying. A contract with America would be a good idea. A resurrected Reagan would be a great idea. Milk toast leftist like McCain and Bush are not the answer."

Cantor is out because he didn't campaign as he should have, while the TPM candidates lost 130 of 140 primary races as was predicted.

The BASE is 1 of 10 Americans, and the millennials who outnumber them 2 to 1, despise the anti-american far right.

We GOP would reject Reagan in the primaries.

Your world of far right influence is gone, freewill.

Last edited:

View attachment 31982

View attachment 31983

Your map is not too far off

I see the midwest going off the table and turning blue (except Indiana)

North Carolina and Georgia will also go blue this timearound. There is a HUGE voter registration drive going on in Georgia that is giving Republicans fits. How do you suppress that many voters?

Hillary will win the woman's vote for one reason, she is a woman, period, that is all that matters. I have already heard from women how great Hillary will be without one comment on anything of accomplishment, other then being a woman.

If she wins, I think she will work better with the Republicans then did Obama, but that doesn't say much considering Obama's record.

When Hillary wins, Republicans will use the same obstructionist tactics they have used for 5 1/2 years....it is all they know

If we can't run the ship....then NOBODY can

Blah, blah, blah blah......................BS.

HEY!! Someone bump the phonograph it keeps playing the same song over and over.

Harry Reid’s Obstructionism

See this is how the liberal mind works. Obama has gotten all of his major initiatives. So they write the story that the MINORITY party uses obstruction to block legislation. Meanwhile the Senate leader uses obstruction for his means and then the left wing blames Republicans. Beautiful in its simplicity. Never mind that blocking legislation they do not agree with is all the minority party has as a tool. Never mind they are confronted with a democrat party that is all "my way or the highway" in attitude. Never mind we have a president and ex-speaker of the house that insults the right then whines like little girls when the right get offended.

View attachment 31982

View attachment 31983

North Carolina and Georgia will also go blue this timearound. There is a HUGE voter registration drive going on in Georgia that is giving Republicans fits. How do you suppress that many voters?

McCain won GA by only +5.20 in 2008 (Bush 43 won the Peach state by +16.60 four years earlier).
Without even campagning in GA, Obama lost GA in 2012 by -7.80 (Romney won the state by +7.80). So, without even trying, Obama came in at 45.39% in GA.

Hillary is going to be the first Democrat to win Georgia by a secure margin in a two-person race since Jimmy Carter in 1976 and 1980.

:thup:

A 68 year old retread is the best that the democrats have to offer?

I realize that the democrats have little to offer after their performance for the last 8 years but to run on one issue and that issue being "she's a woman?" Didn't we learn from the last two elections when the democrats played the race card? HOW ABOUT A VIABLE CANIDATE REGRADLESS OF THE SEX, COLOR OR CREED?

Ronald Reagan was almost 70 years old when he took office on January 20th, 1981, and he was also a "retread". He LOST the GOP nomination, albeit narrowly, to Gerald R. Ford in 1976. Not only that, Reagan also ran in 1968 as well (and WON the California primary in that year), which makes him a DOUBLE-RETREAD. Using your logic, I could then say "is that all the GOP had to offer?"

Amazing how quickly Righties forget their own history.

:lol:

Was McCain (68 yrs old) a retread?
How about Dole (73 yrs old)?

Yes and yes and I didn't have a say in either of their nominations. Not sure why the left aways uses this tactic, gets old.

9. Be bold, Republicans. Send the voters a vibrant message.Show them the GOP is a change agent. And finally, heed the words of the brilliant Seth Lipsky, who believes optimism is the missing element in today’s politics.

The GOP can change, from being sandy little butt holes to sandy big butt holes?

I realize that the democrats have little to offer after their performance for the last 8 years but to run on one issue and that issue being "she's a woman?" Didn't we learn from the last two elections when the democrats played the race card? HOW ABOUT A VIABLE CANIDATE REGRADLESS OF THE SEX, COLOR OR CREED?

Ronald Reagan was almost 70 years old when he took office on January 20th, 1981, and he was also a "retread". He LOST the GOP nomination, albeit narrowly, to Gerald R. Ford in 1976. Not only that, Reagan also ran in 1968 as well (and WON the California primary in that year), which makes him a DOUBLE-RETREAD. Using your logic, I could then say "is that all the GOP had to offer?"

Yes and yes and I didn't have a say in either of their nominations. Not sure why the left aways uses this tactic, gets old.

Uh, YOU brought it up. YOU made it a debating point, not me. I responded. You know what that is called?

Debate.

Live with it.

View attachment 31982

View attachment 31983

McCain won GA by only +5.20 in 2008 (Bush 43 won the Peach state by +16.60 four years earlier).
Without even campagning in GA, Obama lost GA in 2012 by -7.80 (Romney won the state by +7.80). So, without even trying, Obama came in at 45.39% in GA.

Hillary is going to be the first Democrat to win Georgia by a secure margin in a two-person race since Jimmy Carter in 1976 and 1980.

:thup:

I hope to God when she is elected resident, she leaves her strap on at home in NY...

You do understand the word retread?

Hillary will win the woman's vote for one reason, she is a woman, period, that is all that matters. I have already heard from women how great Hillary will be without one comment on anything of accomplishment, other then being a woman.

If she wins, I think she will work better with the Republicans then did Obama, but that doesn't say much considering Obama's record.

When Hillary wins, Republicans will use the same obstructionist tactics they have used for 5 1/2 years....it is all they know

If we can't run the ship....then NOBODY can

Blah, blah, blah blah......................BS.

HEY!! Someone bump the phonograph it keeps playing the same song over and over.

Harry Reid’s Obstructionism

See this is how the liberal mind works. Obama has gotten all of his major initiatives. So they write the story that the MINORITY party uses obstruction to block legislation. Meanwhile the Senate leader uses obstruction for his means and then the left wing blames Republicans. Beautiful in its simplicity. Never mind that blocking legislation they do not agree with is all the minority party has as a tool. Never mind they are confronted with a democrat party that is all "my way or the highway" in attitude. Never mind we have a president and ex-speaker of the house that insults the right then whines like little girls when the right get offended.

Reid hasn't obstructed a thing

He merely requires the same 60% that Republicans require of Democratic bills

Can you point out a single Republican bill that has had 60% support in the Senate??

You better explain it and why Hillary is a retread and Reagan, McCain and Dole were fresh faces

Stupid post of the day: "Why do you think Cantor is out? Why do you think McConnell was almost out? The BASE knows what is wrong and is trying. A contract with America would be a good idea. A resurrected Reagan would be a great idea. Milk toast leftist like McCain and Bush are not the answer."

Cantor is out because he didn't campaign as he should have, while the TPM candidates lost 130 of 140 primary races as was predicted.

The BASE is 1 of 10 Americans, and the millennials who outnumber them 2 to 1, despise the anti-american far right.

We GOP would reject Reagan in the primaries.

Your world of far right influence is gone, freewill.

I see one of your monkeys agreed with your BS. I guess left wingers have no shame.

Who in the hell mentioned the TP??? Oh right you playing that BS card.

Reagan would win in another land slide against Hillary the weak.

Quit pretending jake you're making a fool out of yourself.

Uh, YOU brought it up. YOU made it a debating point, not me. I responded. You know what that is called?

Debate.

Live with it.

NO, I made a statement about Hillary YOU then did what the left always do. I didn't support either but wish I would have done more for Romney. So no, I didn't do what you did, live with it.

Yepp. I do.

Forum List

Back