Holder aide caught red-handed coordinating with Democrats on IRS

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Of course there's not a "smidgeon" of corruption here...

Apparently thinking he had reached the office of Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), Fallon said the department wanted congressional staffers to get documents to selected reporters so that officials could comment on them “before the majority” did.
After Issa spokesman Frederick Hill replied that Oversight Committee staffers would have to examine those documents first, the line went silent, and Fallon placed the call on hold for three minutes.
When he returned to the line, Fallon was “audibly shaken,” according to an account of the conversation that Issa recounts in a letter sent to Holder.
The Justice official then said there had been a “change in plans,” that no documents would be released on Friday and that the main reason for the call was to seek a thaw in relations between the department and Oversight Republicans.
Issa said it’s clear that the Justice official meant to call Democratic staff and argued the mix-up is proof that President Obama’s administration and Cummings have been collaborating to “prejudice the committee’s work through under-the-table coordination.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/finance/217129-issa-accuses-doj-of-under-the-table-coordination-with-house-democrats#ixzz3CvQqVUbv

issa is certainly an unbiased, reliable source.

I guess you didn't read further down the article....

Here.. let me enlighten you..

In a statement to The Hill, Fallon suggested that there was nothing out of the ordinary about his conversation with Oversight Republicans.

“There is nothing inappropriate about department staff having conversations with both the majority and minority staff as it prepares responses to formal inquiries,” Fallon said. “That includes conversations between the spokespeople for the department and the committee.”

As for Hill, Fallon said following Friday’s conversation, “I guess this means he won’t be interested in having coffee.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/finance/217129-issa-accuses-doj-of-under-the-table-coordination-with-house-democrats#ixzz3CvUxG6pz

The dumbass called the wrong office,typical with this administration, a bunch of idiots led by an idiot.

issa is certainly an unbiased, reliable source.

I guess you didn't read further down the article....

Here.. let me enlighten you..

In a statement to The Hill, Fallon suggested that there was nothing out of the ordinary about his conversation with Oversight Republicans.

“There is nothing inappropriate about department staff having conversations with both the majority and minority staff as it prepares responses to formal inquiries,” Fallon said. “That includes conversations between the spokespeople for the department and the committee.”

As for Hill, Fallon said following Friday’s conversation, “I guess this means he won’t be interested in having coffee.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/finance/217129-issa-accuses-doj-of-under-the-table-coordination-with-house-democrats#ixzz3CvUxG6pz
right. and issa is accurately representing the content of the conversation, because he is unbiased and certainly isn't a partisan flinging mud and looking for what sticks.

Why is it that you are the only one suggesting that the call wasn't as described? Not even the Obama Admin is making that claim.

Why is it that you are the only one suggesting that the call wasn't as described? Not even the Obama Admin is making that claim.
He doesn't want to admit his team could ever be guilty of wrong doing, even when they are caught red handed.

Forum List

Back