Reproductive Rights!

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I received a flier today from the Pennsylvania Democrat(ic) Party, assuring me that congressional candidate Chris Deluzio will "fight for women's reproductive health." WIthout using the "A" word, the flier makes it clear that Deluzio will do his utmost ("fight") to ensure that women in Pennsylvania will be able to get an abortion if they choose to do so (assuming they can find a practitioner who is willing).

I am wondering where these Democrats find the power of Congress to legislate such matters. Certainly in no part of the U.S. Constitution.

Can any of our USMB correspondents enlighten me? How does a Congressional candidate figure that he would have such powers, if elected?

I received a flier today from the Pennsylvania Democrat(ic) Party, assuring me that congressional candidate Chris Deluzio will "fight for women's reproductive health." WIthout using the "A" word, the flier makes it clear that Deluzio will do his utmost ("fight") to ensure that women in Pennsylvania will be able to get an abortion if they choose to do so (assuming they can find a practitioner who is willing).

I am wondering where these Democrats find the power of Congress to legislate such matters. Certainly in no part of the U.S. Constitution.

Can any of our USMB correspondents enlighten me? How does a Congressional candidate figure that he would have such powers, if elected?
Where does the state have such power?

He should have used the "A" word since it's a winning issue across this country as well as the entirety of all 1st world countries. Forcing women into childbirth is an ancient atrocity, like all the religions that support it.

He should have used the "A" word since it's a winning issue across this country as well as the entirety of all 1st world countries. Forcing women into childbirth is an ancient atrocity, like all the religions that support it.
if women are so concerned about control over their bodies...how the fuck are they getting knocked up then....dont they have to let some horny dude jump their bones???????

From the Tenth Amendment:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
That gives the state power to regulate our bodies?

That gives the state power to regulate our bodies?

No. It means that powers not specified by The Constitution are relegated to the states to decide.

The states are represented in their collective Congresses by elected legislators.

If you want to create a legal right, you have to, according to our laws, elect legislators who will created laws that enforce that right.

The decision is left to the people of the state, not the state itself.

And, just to be clear, states create laws that control our bodies all the time. Things we cannot do with our bodies that are forbidden by law include, but are not limited to ...

... self harm
... suicide
... using illegal substances

And, lest we not forget, there are literally thousands of laws controlling what we can and cannot do to other human beings.

Now, you might not accept this, but a lot of people believe that a human fetus is in fact an human life. Until that matter is definitively decided, there will be opposition to what someone can do affecting that life.

The murder of an unborn human has nothing to do with "reproduction" To suggest such a thing shows a total lack of literacy--not to mention morality.

For which state? There are multiple. If you are okay with babies created from incest or rape being aborted, I have more questions for you.
Then it should be no problem with linking to ONE. Where is it? Don't assume that you have any idea what I am OK with--you haven't a clue, so quit deflecting and post a source.

No you can't. Don't believe every thing you hear.
I watched in horror as the demons from hell were dancing in the senate aisles right after they passed it.

Then in VA gov. ra;lph northam wanted to do the same thing...but the vote failed!

I suggest you open your eyes before they legalize aborting you and me!!!

No you can't. Don't believe every thing you hear.

I find this VERY disturbing! This happened years ago and you are still clueless about it???

And you still support the filth that passed it into law???

They legalized MURDER and you still support them...unfuckingreal!

Forum List

Back