REPOST: Republicans; why should I vote republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up. Go ahead and vote for the candidate that is the most opposite to your position if you really don't understand why to vote for one candidate over another.

And I will repeat AGAIN, because you keep ignoring it, no one is looking for purity. You revert back to this argument again even though I SPECIFICALLY stated I was not looking for a pure agenda or policy. You are assuming that dblack is also looking for ‘purity’ when he has made no such claim. That is entirely speculation on your part. I understand that not only does one not exist but a politician MUST make concessions. You want me to concede on everything though as you have failed to give any stance that I can vote for. You continue to build that ‘pure’ straw man even though it has been reviled and refuted multiple times. Can you come up with anything solid?

Also, again, stop using insults, you are in the CDZ.

Youv'e framed the topic in an impossible way. No one votes for "Republicans." Jeff Flake is not Chris Christie is not Rand Paul. Some of them I would vote for, others I wouldn't.
BUt we have two parties with any chance of getting elected. One of them generally stands for higher taxes, more regulation, and more gov't involvement to solve problems.
The other generally stands for lower taxes, fiscal prudence, and less gov't intervention to solve problems.
That's your choice. Anything else renders your opinion irrelevant.
There you have it ...The admission that you DO vote the party.

Also, the tacit admission that we really don't have an honest choice.

What is an "honest" choice opposed to?

There you have it ...The admission that you DO vote the party.

Also, the tacit admission that we really don't have an honest choice.

What is an "honest" choice opposed to?
As opposed to the dishonest choice offered by the pimps for the Remocrat and Depublican Parties.

According to the false dichotomy peddled by the two-party dogma, we get to choose any candidate we want, as long as they have a (D) or (R) by their name....Otherwise it is said that our vote counts for the other guy.

How cynical and insulting to the intelligence can you get?

Can you be specific about how this is a "dishonest choice" offered by "pimps"?

Why should you vote Republican?

You shouldn't. You should vote your conscience. You should vote for the candidate who best represents your beliefs, your ideas of what should be.

To hell with the "parties," anyone voting a "party line" is part of the problem...

Recently, I started a thread in the politics section asking an honest question of the posters here. Within 12 hours the post went completely vitriolic and off topic to the point that the mods felt it necessary to close the topic. Terrible as I didn’t even get a chance to read anything before it was cleaned and then closed. I am reposting it here in effort to actually have a clean discussion. If you cannot keep it civil and on topic please do not post here. I do not want another thread closed because of a few posters inability to be civil.

NOTE: THIS IS IN THE CDZ

The original post as follows:
So, recently I seen a post put up by vox claiming, yet again, that Obama won term 2 based on the fact that the ‘purists’ stayed home. This really needs a thread all its own because I am tired of hearing this monumental mischaracterization of those that no longer accept the corruption of the republicans. For some reason, these people think that we should vote for a politician that does not represent us or really stand for anything that we stand for.

Just what is it YOU stand for? This sounds like a lowering-the-bar argument for excusing the current administration...:confused:

I stand for smaller government. I stand for removing the military from the convoluted positions that it holds across the world. I stand for a fair tax (true fair tax, NOT rising taxes on those that are not me) removing the government from meddling in the economy, rolling back regulations that do not protect the customer or American people, against corporate cronyism and bail outs, and for increased liberty and freedom. I could extrapolate on anything here but I think you get the idea. It seems you are getting the wrong impression form the OP as though I was a progressive asking why a democrat would vote for a republican. I am far from that. I loathe almost all the initiatives that the democrats stand for (there are a few that we agree on but it is just a few) and it is HIGHLY unlikely that I would vote for a democrat. I am the perfect target for the GOP considering that I *should* be far close aligned with their political positions. I, however, find that does not seem to be true. Here I am asking for some of them to prove me wrong.

I tire of getting accused of being the reason that the republicans cannot win an election. Quite frankly, someone is going to have to show me WHY I should vote republican rather than assuming that they are entitled to my vote.

Again, why should I vote republican?

Thanks for clearing that up, the reason why I always vote Republican even though I am left on a few issues (Abortion gun control, gay marriage etc...etc...) Is because I vote my pocket book, a strong military, pro bussiness and Independence.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back